User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
"It wasn’t about it being ‘Rhiannon,’ ” he says. “It just undermined the impact of our entrance. That’s me being very specific about the right and wrong way to do something.”
That pretty much says he just didn't want a song playing at all. That song happened to be Rhiannon but he says clearly it wasn't because it was Rhiannon. Whether that's the full truth, we'll never know but that is what he says.

And I think just about everyone seems to be misinterpreting Stevie's ultimatum. It's not like she turned to Mick, John and Christine and said "him or me" and forced them to pick. It would never have played that way. Fleetwood Mac is under a machine now. I'd argue that Mick has very minimal power and Chris and John have basically none. Stevie went to the MANAGEMENT and said that. That's why Irv Azoff was the one on the phone with Lindsey. The managers and promoters are the ones who pretty much run what these people do and they're the ones who would look at that group and say 'Stevie puts butts in seats and if she leaves then we're broke so if she's really serious, then he's out'.
I don't disagree with you about this part. But per Mick this caused them all to have conversations about what to do going forward, and that all happened super fast. Given how Mick is, I would bet he directly talked to John at some point, and you know Mick would have talked to Stevie (or tried to get through) and they got to that point he described various times as basically deciding can we do this (without Lindsey), do we want to do this, and obviously ultimately decided yes, we can and we will. Then at some point Chris was told.....by whom we don't know. It almost sounds like the 3 in the US decided while she was in London and in her case I wouldn't be surprised if she heard through a manager (does she share the same manager as Mick?) the decision.

It raises the question of deciding on Mike ... per Mike he got a call from Mick asking him if he'd be interested just 6 days after Musicares. Lindsey heard from Azoff just 2 days after Musicares.. which means if Stevie didn't give the ultimatum to the band herself, she told Azoff pretty dam quick and he told the rest even quicker, because the ultimatum was made, the band had whatever conversations to decide who to fire, and Lindsey got told of it all within 2 days. So there wasn't really a whole lot of stressing over who to throw under the bus was there? And you just know Stevie had Mike as her backup card and then put that out there for them to debate over (she may have put conditions on staying that Mike be in or that she get to pick Lindsey's replacement or whatever.... we'll see if that ever comes out) because they didn't even audition him or meet with him, just Mick calling him within a matter of days. All very fishy and feeling premeditated.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDJackson View Post
I don't buy most of this. There'll be a Rumours lineup final tour in 2020 (if everyone stays alive)... More than that, bc Nicks and Buckingham are the big names (and he has *an anthology* to tour—really, a glorified greatest hits???) it's easy to make the press about the two of them.

If I recall correctly, when it was four of them Nicks got 40% and the guys split the other 60% three ways. Adding Christine McVie changes that, surely, and the other two new ones could be hired and paid separately (but it's still gotta come from somewhere)...The point of this, IT'S FLEETWOOD AND CHRISTINE MCVIE WHO MADE THIS DECISION!! Perhaps Stevie Nicks finally put her orthopedic boot down, bc that would be the thing that'd make all the money people side with them, but there's no amount of anything that Buckingham OR Nicks could say that would convince me this isn't in some large part a way to promote his solo tour, give them something fun to do, and then reconvene for a final tour. BUT MORE THAN THAT...IT'S THE PEOPLE WHO'VE BEEN IN FLEETWOOD MAC LONGER THAN Buckingham and Nicks.

It's CHRISTINE MCVIE, PEOPLE!! I'd put money on it.
Attributing primary blame to Christine makes no sense whatsoever. Granted, her “radio silence” to Buckingham is beyond disappointing, but she neither has the leverage or the motive to lead the charge for his being fired. This was totally a Stevie-Mick thing. We all know this.

But I’m right there with you on the 2020 Mac reunion. They’ll want to capitalize on the reunion of the Rumours lineup again...
Old 10-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really want to return my meet and greet tickets but we've already spent $600 that we can't get back. Also I'm tempted to burn my Stevie Nicks bag from the 24 kt gold tour but I have nothing else to carry my books.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Attributing primary blame to Christine makes no sense whatsoever. Granted, her “radio silence” to Buckingham is beyond disappointing, but she neither has the leverage or the motive to lead the charge for his being fired. This was totally a Stevie-Mick thing. We all know this.

But I’m right there with you on the 2020 Mac reunion. They’ll want to capitalize on the reunion of the Rumours lineup again...
I will say, so much of this does smack of a media/publicity stunt.
1. Fleetwood Mac gets a station dedicated to them XM Sirius ahead of Musicares tribute
2. Station launch is delayed
3. Rumours line up breaks up after a feud at Musicares, where they were the first band ever granted the honor. Stevie can never be on stage with Lindsey again but the story we will go with is scheduling conflict
4. Tugging at the heartstrings of TPH fans all over the world, Stevie hires her deceased best buddies wingman to replace her former lover, the man who wouldn’t join the band without her
5. CBS interview. Disaster and leaks left and right the band is lying.
6. Band walks away from initial story behind why they broke up. It’s not a scheduling conflict
7. Rumors that Christine briefly quit but Mick talked her into staying
8. Announce a N American tour
9. Lindsey releases Anthology and Tour
10. Stevie goes back on AHS
11. Stevie is nominated for RRHoF as a solo artist...she probably gets in.
12. Lindsey tells his side to Rolling Stone. I am sure Stevie will tell hers
13. Lindsey alludes to new music in 2019 (solo)

It could be very poetic. Stevie gets into the Hall of Fame next year. Starts saying nice things about LB in the press. With the tail end of the current FM tour next year, along with a lot of hype that Stevie is the only woman to get inducted as part of a band and a solo artist. Lindsey is in the road with new music. At some point, benefiting from all of the positive press they are all getting, Stevie and Lindsey sit down and re air all of their grievances with each other, clear the air, landslide and lovey dovey, sloppy datey Sara hugs and FM announces a 2020 “Farewell Tour”. Assuming no one is pushing up daisies
Now I am not saying this will happen....I am just saying a scenario like this is par for the course for this crew
Old 10-11-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
The fact that the three Buck kids were calling these people aunties and uncles since they were born gave me more chills, to be honest.
It's hard to explain how awful I felt for him. Again, the firing is horrible. But, $he didn't have the balls to call him. $he had Mgmt do it.

Goes back to DR and the mixing issue. $he is an entitled piece of crap and I have zero respect for her.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That truly shows how heartless and self absorbed she's become.
And some her fans $upport it. But, to be fair, $he's lost a lot of die hard fans. Not just here. I read the twitter, IG, FB.. just wow...
Old 10-11-2018, 10:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Sounds like they are all dysfunctional. But we knew that already. Lindsey seems as much of a controlling ass as Stevie is loony. It's all part of the reason they're great artists. The good ones are never sane.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I really want to return my meet and greet tickets but we've already spent $600 that we can't get back. Also I'm tempted to burn my Stevie Nicks bag from the 24 kt gold tour but I have nothing else to carry my books.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Junior Ledgie

That Stevie's grief over Petty's death has apparently driven her to adopt an "only do things that make me happy" when the real lesson should have been "appreciate what you've got while you got it" really says it all.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's hard to explain how awful I felt for him. Again, the firing is horrible. But, $he didn't have the balls to call him. $he had Mgmt do it.
Goes back to DR and the mixing issue. $he is an entitled piece of crap and I have zero respect for her.
Do you recall the first week you were made a Mod on TL and I had a problem with it? Just like then it is sentences like this that should disqualify you completely from ever being a fair minded Moderator. Part of a good Moderator's job is to remain neutral to all parties involved. It is perfectly ok to share your views to your friend's in a private message but the words you say in the public forum should all be positive. If you can't do that perhaps you should go back to being just a regular member of TL and then you can continue bashing band members and no one would say, "there is no one moderating The Ledge any longer." IMHO
Old 10-11-2018, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Do you recall the first week you were made a Mod on TL and I had a problem with it? Just like then it is sentences like this that should disqualify you completely from ever being a fair minded Moderator. Part of a good Moderator's job is to remain neutral to all parties involved. It is perfectly ok to share your views to your friend's in a private message but the words you say in the public forum should all be positive. If you can't do that perhaps you should go back to being just a regular member of TL and then you can continue bashing band members and no one would say, "there is no one moderating The Ledge any longer." IMHO
Agree. 100%. There are very few real moderators here. Only the suck ups to the I hate Stevie Club. And this was going on WAY before LB got the boot.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's assume for a moment that Lindsey is correct - that Stevie said she wouldn't stay in the band if Lindsey were there. Do you think there might be reasons for her to feel that way? Do you think Lindsey had any role in her feeling that way? Or do you really believe that Stevie simply make an ultimatum with no legitimate reasons? It seems awfully unlikely that she would push to remove the musical leader of the band putting the entire future of the band in jeopardy unless she had some legitimate reasons. Most interpersonal conflicts involve blame on both sides and almost never have one-sided blame. Food for thought.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Let's assume for a moment that Lindsey is correct - that Stevie said she wouldn't stay in the band if Lindsey were there. Do you think there might be reasons for her to feel that way? Do you think Lindsey had any role in her feeling that way? Or do you really believe that Stevie simply make an ultimatum with no legitimate reasons? It seems awfully unlikely that she would push to remove the musical leader of the band putting the entire future of the band in jeopardy unless she had some legitimate reasons. Most interpersonal conflicts involve blame on both sides and almost never have one-sided blame. Food for thought.
I did this in my head. And while I appreciate it, what kills me is, they didn't have the guts to have a meeting and then the whole silent treatment.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-11-2018 at 12:25 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Oh for God sake, have you not been paying attention to her behavior. Assume the worst when it comes to Lindsey and you would be correct. She has never gotten past things and it’s all about her.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I tried, and I couldn't think of anything I cared about less than whether a moderator on this board shares his opinions about the members of this band. Please don't take this as me telling you how you should feel -- I'm not. Just sharing my perspective.

But I do think stipulating that "the words you say in the public forum should all be positive" ... is really quite extreme. I mean, come on. Why would anyone agree to be a moderator if they couldn't say how they feel about a song, a performance, a personnel move if it's at all negative? We're all adults here and can handle reading each other's opinions.