Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

^ Ah, that was fun I got Gypsy..

You are "Gypsy". You have an aura of confidence that, through all your sorrow, everything is going to be alright. You've accepted your fate, whatever it may be.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
Already got mine =P
Keep making me proud, gorgeous.

JTIS- I'm a really big hypocrite. I sit around and preach empowerment all day long, and the first thing I do when I'm talking to a guy I might be interested in is ask him for his help studying for finals. I mean, in my defense, he goes to MIT and I'm studying for a math final...and it's just honestly not my subject.

But still.

Damsel in distress should not be my style.

Additionally, I'M FREAKING OUT THAT I'M GOING TO FAIL THIS FINAL TOMORROW. I need about an A- to secure credit for the course, and I'm not sure I'm going to get it. Terrified.
You're so like me
Old 05-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So last night a large terra cotta pot was stolen from my front porch, but the thieves were kind enough to leave me the plant! I've been cackling about it all day!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All three AP tests are over!!!

I'm having oral surgery next week on Monday...again (last year I had a baby tooth pulled and another tooth exposed that was all the way up near my nose ) and SOLs (Standards of Learning tests=stupid stupid things) are also next week.

...June 18th should get here fast =[
Old 05-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post

[
Congrats! How'd they go?
You're so like me
Old 05-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tonight was Private Practice's season finale. It was so sad! But it had a happyish ending, I guess. I can't wait for next season!!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
Mine are finally done too. English was easy, French was easy minus the ridiculous reading section taken from a MEDICAL JOURNAL, and Environmental Science was bad because I seriously just didn't care enough to study since I couldn't get credit for the course. Yay.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
So last night a large terra cotta pot was stolen from my front porch, but the thieves were kind enough to leave me the plant! I've been cackling about it all day!
Here's the best incident EVAR:

When I first moved back to PA, I didn't have a washer & dryer for a couple of months, and was stuck doing laundry like once a week or so up at a friend's. One night, my daughter got really sick and yakked alllllll over her Care Bears bedding - comforter, pillows, sheets, everything.

Since I couldn't wash it right away, I compromised by stuffing all the dirty stuff into a kitchen size garbage bag - you know, the kinda thin white ones you can sorta see through? And I stuck it out on the porch til the next day when I could go somewhere and get it washed up.

But when I went to get it the next day, it was gone. I imagine someone was strolling by or whatever and saw the Care Bears print through the plastic and thought, "SCORE!!!!!"

I was pissed off at first, because that wasn't cheap stuff, but then I thought about the dumbass getting the bag home, all "Yay!" and stuff, only to rip it open and find everything was covered in partially digested SpaghettiO's.

Then I felt much better.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 05-14-2010, 03:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Congrats! How'd they go?
Apush was surprising easy...
Environmental...just like Dani, I didn't care enough to study, but I think I did well (I hope)
English..The reading section for this was friggin easy, but by the 3rd writing prompt I just didn't feel like writing anymore. I managed to write almost two pages-- before I nearly died of boredom =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
Tonight was Private Practice's season finale. It was so sad! But it had a happyish ending, I guess. I can't wait for next season!!
OMFG I know right!!! I almost cried last season with the whole Violet and the crazy chick thing and now today
I'm waiting for Grey's Anatomy next week, and if they kill the Nazi I will forever be pissed; Webber can go though. Lost is gonna be good too. I can't wait...
I haven't watched Brothers and Sisters in a while but apparently someone is gonna die on that one too. Why are they killing everyone??

Last edited by chelluversu; 05-14-2010 at 03:30 AM..
Old 05-14-2010, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG!
Sorry guys for not posting for a week, I forgot to tell you guys!

I was at school camp, which was supposed to be 'fun'
So anyway, we went to this wonderful river, and on the first day it seemed so pristine.
Well, from there it went BAD.
Then on the third day, we got into used and cold wetsuits, and went white water rafting!

I fell in

I'll tell you more!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

30 years ago today Fleetwood Mac performed in Chicago and Stevie sang( IMO )the best live version of Rhiannon EVER!!!!

I wasn't there but luckily some wonderful person was thoughtful enough to bring a tape recorder to the show.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

damn good cupcakes!

Old 05-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post

When I first moved back to PA, I didn't have a washer & dryer for a couple of months, and was stuck doing laundry like once a week or so up at a friend's. One night, my daughter got really sick and yakked alllllll over her Care Bears bedding - comforter, pillows, sheets, everything.

Since I couldn't wash it right away, I compromised by stuffing all the dirty stuff into a kitchen size garbage bag - you know, the kinda thin white ones you can sorta see through? And I stuck it out on the porch til the next day when I could go somewhere and get it washed up.

But when I went to get it the next day, it was gone. I imagine someone was strolling by or whatever and saw the Care Bears print through the plastic and thought, "SCORE!!!!!"

I was pissed off at first, because that wasn't cheap stuff, but then I thought about the dumbass getting the bag home, all "Yay!" and stuff, only to rip it open and find everything was covered in partially digested SpaghettiO's.

Then I felt much better.
LOL!

OK, right now I'm trying to do nonsense for my anthro test monday night (it's all done on Blackboard and she gives all the possible questions beforehand, so score) and these damn essays are driving me nuts!

And do we have any New Yorkers here having to take their Regents soon?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 05-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
OMG!
Sorry guys for not posting for a week, I forgot to tell you guys!

I was at school camp, which was supposed to be 'fun'
So anyway, we went to this wonderful river, and on the first day it seemed so pristine.
Well, from there it went BAD.
Then on the third day, we got into used and cold wetsuits, and went white water rafting!

I fell in

I'll tell you more!

MATT!!!! Good to know you're alive! LOL can't wait to hear more of this story! <3

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post

Then I felt much better.
I raise you.

Last spring, a friend of mine went abroad to France for a semester. She was doing a homestay, so she was living with a French family while she attended school. During the semester, the family had scheduled a vacation, so they asked her if she would be willing to stay alone and housesit for them while they were gone. She, of course, said this was fine, and the family gave her instructions on what to do while they were gone; one of them was that their dog, who had been very sick the past few days, might pass away while they were gone. If this happened, the girl shouldn't worry, they expected it to happen, she just simply has to get the body to the vet and the vet will take care of it.

Of course, the dog dies.

My friend has a minor break down. She didn't have a car and didn't have any idea how she was going to get this dog's body to the vet. Apparently she hadn't thought to ask before the family left. She found a big duffle bag in their closet, though, and figured, eh, 50 or so pounds of dead dog strapped across my shoulders shouldn't be too bad-- I'll take public transport.

So she gets on the subway.

As she boards, she catches the eye of some cute French boy. He comes over and starts talking to her, and she puts the bag down as fast as she can. The last thing she wants is the dead dog getting in the way of her game. In the middle of the conversation, he asks what she's carrying around, and she has new idea what to say, so she just goes with "ugh, my computer broke so I've got to take it to be repaired, and I don't have a car, so I'm stuck carrying it like this." It turns out, they're getting off at the same stop, and as they exit, he asks if he can help her carry the bag since it looks so heavy. She's flustered, but she agrees. She hands him the bag.

He takes off and runs with it.

JTIS.
You're so like me