Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2002, 12:29 PM
joe

Question 1976 outdoor footage on "Two Sticks..."

i know i won't get a lot of replies to this but i need to ask anyway...

David, i know you probably know this so help!
Where and when was that footage filmed on the "Two Sticks and a Drum" doc? Clips have also been shown on the "Going Home" doc. There's a real quick clip at the beginning of the program ("Two Sticks...") of the outside of the stadium with a name on it but i can't quite make it out. Just curious. I have no idea where it was filmed but i know it's got to be from 1976. ???
Old 11-24-2002, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: 1976 outdoor footage on "Two Sticks..."

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
Where and when was that footage filmed on the "Two Sticks and a Drum" doc? Clips have also been shown on the "Going Home" doc. There's a real quick clip at the beginning of the program ("Two Sticks...") of the outside of the stadium with a name on it but i can't quite make it out. Just curious. I have no idea where it was filmed but i know it's got to be from 1976. ???
The clips go by so quickly & it's just so hard to see much of it. I think the Mac played two Day on the Green festivals at Oakland Coliseum, masterminded by Bill Graham. They played the inaugural Day on the Green on April 26, 1976, with Frampton headlining & Status Quo & Gary Wright supporting. The next year, FM headlined the event on May 7 (which may have been held at Oakland Stadium). In this DVD, I saw a couple of shots of Stevie Nicks (with her 1977 shag haircut) hoisted onto Bill Graham's shoulders as he walks her to the dressing area backstage --- the same photos we've seen in books that were identified as Day on the Green. At the '76 festival, Stevie wore that black sweater with the silver spider-web design on it (you've seen pics of her & the band kneeling on the pavement with Bill Graham), the same thing she's wearing in some of the shots on the DVD.

It's really hard to pinpoint a stadium shot, especially because in 1976 the band played a whole bunch of outdoor stadiums in the spring & summer. But if I had to guess, I'd say that some of those outdoor shots are from Day on the Green Numbers 1 & 2.