Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I can only pray. By the way Fleetwood Mac-esque, or more 'popmac'?
World turning, I'm so afraid, all nine Tusktracks from Lindsey, Sara, SOTM, Brown Eyes, Storms, Empire State, EOTW, Caroline, TITN, The chain, about ten tracks of Say you will. ( including three from Stevie), are all very Fleetwood Mac-esque to me, and all no real popformat tunes. What is Fleetwood Mac-esque or weird? No, it's in FM's DNA. So called weird tracks are as FM as is Little Lies. I hope Lindsey writes some more gritty songs to balance everything out. Who only wants pop doesn't really love FM. Not that you do Stew, but the other ones that posted on your comment.
Good points, Gerald. "Pop Mac" would have been a better description for what I was meaning, than "Fleetwood Mac-esque." Just judging by Lindsey's comments about the "Froom Eight," I think he was going for the more radio-friendly side of FM's sound. (But even then, there are still definite Lindsey hallmarks in those three songs to keep them from being too pop.) Like you said, hopefully any new songs he adds will be a little edgier than "Sad Angel" and "Miss Fantasy." For the balance.

What I'm hoping is that the new album runs the gamut of all the things I love about Fleetwood Mac -- from Lindsey's offbeat tracks to Christine's hook-filled sing-alongs to Stevie's weird little esoteric musings. But I trust they won't let me down.

A slightly off-topic anecdote... I was out shopping for a new dress shirt today, and "Everywhere" came on the store's radio. 'Tango' was the first brand new Fleetwood Mac album to come out after I became a fan, and hearing "Everywhere" in the store today reminded me of how excited I was back then (at 14 years old!). I'm feeling that excitement again, and it's really great. That's why I'm not worrying about when we get the album. I know it's coming, and the anticipation is half the fun right now.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'll focus on the positive here - substantially written i will combine with 75% done and the fact that all together these 16 songs were done in about 2.5 months. they added Stevie on 2 EP songs and recorded another Stevie song in 2 days, right? so i'll say 2 more weeks of work and album is done, they just have to select which songs to put on it, and it's ready to put out.
Even if the album is already done and they did the cover photoshoot last weekend, they still have no intention of putting it out this year.

Michele
Old 05-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this will be a double album just like the Eagles was.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I think this will be a double album just like the Eagles was.
Now that would be fabulous. Tusk 2. Bring it on.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Now that would be fabulous. Tusk 2. Bring it on.
Tusk 2 with Buckingham/McVie co-writes.... = Heaven
Old 05-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Tusk 2 with Buckingham/McVie co-writes.... = Heaven
You can't go back to Kansas, JB, because that was yesterday.

Speaking of Madame Nicks, she's a victim of her own misuse in the studio with Fleetwood Mac. She has laid down instrumental tracks (such as they were) on a bunch of her solo albums in the past. So why doesn't she do so again? It would give her a sensible reason to spend more time at Village Recorder with the others because she would have work to do—like the others. And heaven knows she could spend eight weeks (like Christine) practicing the parts.

The way her musical illiteracy has affected the band's studio experience for forty years really irks me. She can be such a damned diva.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

David, you wouldn't say that about bob dylan would you? hahahahahahahahahah
Old 05-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
interesting! usually we've seen and heard these excerpts released by radio stations after the full interview comes out somewhere like RS magazine.... wonder when and where will we see the full interview? probably in a day or 2...
so i was right - took just a day, and Billboard has the whole article these excerpts came from.

if people would only learn that i'm usually right, and listen to me!

(like that poll where i asked whether the album should come out at the start of the tour, without any shelving or waiting for reluctant band members? they shouldn't wait, but what did the band go with - masses who are wrong. no balls dear FM, no balls! they decided to wait till eventually they get their stragglers on board. )

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so i was right - took just a day, and Billboard has the whole article these excerpts came from.

if people would only learn that i'm usually right, and listen to me!

I agreed that you were right. About that.

Michele
Old 05-07-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:

I was with you and waiting...