User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I viewed this on Youtube and was ready to upload and was beaten to the punch. Thank You. Those of you that where there are so lucky.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
I think it's crap that Christine shows up for two shows and gets heaps of praise and recognition. If she rejoined the band then I would be 100% happy. My 13 year old son would be ecstatic. He especially likes her Behind The Mask songs. Currently, she's like the long lost cousin who shows up at Christmas and everyone makes a big deal of, but what about the rest of the band?
If it were any other member of the Rumours lineup who left and came back after so long, the situation would still be the same, IMO.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Great find Brandon. This video made me feel like I was there and in the front of the stage.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's crap that Christine shows up for two shows and gets heaps of praise and recognition. If she rejoined the band then I would be 100% happy. My 13 year old son would be ecstatic. He especially likes her Behind The Mask songs. Currently, she's like the long lost cousin who shows up at Christmas and everyone makes a big deal of, but what about the rest of the band?
Applebucked is right. Believe me, I felt the same way when Lindsey showed up after leaving the band. That would be an understatement, actually. I was crazed about Lindsey. I haven't gotten over him leaving. Luckily, Stevie has never left -- well, she was gone, for the Time tour, but ...

I've likened Christine's recent buzz to the prodigal son returning. The father wanted to celebrate and kill the fatted cow. The son who had never left felt a little outdone, but TOUGH.

Christine showed up at the end of the night. They had the rest of the evening and the last 15 years to themselves. Everywhere raced back up to the top of the charts in the UK this year. Her music is still helping them, from the White album to today. She deserves the attention. However, brief.

I wish she was more than just a guest, but I don't think it's possible to make too much of her. She's got 1/3 of my heart. She can have at least 1/3 of the attention right now.

Michele
Old 09-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I've likened Christine's recent buzz to the prodigal son returning. The father wanted to celebrate and kill the fatted cow. The son who had never left felt a little outdone, but TOUGH.
Yeah I was thinking of the prodigal son too. In fact, that was a reading at church last week or the week before. It was recent though. It's appropriate. It fits. The father tells the offended son that everything he owns is his, but now is the time to celebrate the brother's return. He was dead and and now he's alive.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine's got 1/3 of my heart. She can have at least 1/3 of the attention right now.

Michele

I'm thinking I've got one of those thirds.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm jealous of everyone that was there.
What a night.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Instantly the magic that has been missing (for me) since 1998 returned. It was magical and energized the band. Wow she is missed. The band that was missing part of it's body became whole for a brief moment.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

a few screencaps from the amazing video shared by mylittledemon:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-25-2013, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
a few screencaps from the amazing video shared by mylittledemon:

In the words of Bridget Jones: Gah.

Michele
Old 09-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
After all the non-musical stuff I’ve learned about this band since I really began following them in 2009…you know - the drama, vanities, mistakes, drinks thrown, punches thrown, money made and blown, accusations, secrets and spite and spit and screaming …..this event tonight was so unbelievable, so unlikely – absolutely epic. It’s not about ‘hey, there she is, but she only played one song?! It’s that she’s there at all, and that they’re all there together, after all that, and after all this time. And still getting the crowd on their feet for these great timeless songs. And those of us who are moved, I think, are thinking not just of how it makes us feel but also – wow, what must the others on stage be feeling? I can’t even imagine – I don’t care how ‘professional’ or jaded they are. It’s Christine – she’s here! With us – like no time has passed! After almost 20 years! Who would believe we are still doing this after 40 – 40! years…to packed crowds in enormo arenas! It’s gotta be so emotional, thrilling, validating, I don’t know…it’s just pretty damn amazing. And it also paid respect to the importance and influence of Christine to this band, whether she did one song or the whole set. I’m also mainly a BN person, but this made me tear up a bit too. And Peter Green? Geez, what must Mick and John be feeling?? Full circle – it couldn’t get any better for Papa Mick tonight, I don’t think-
To me, I witnessed (well, electronically anyway) just a little piece of rock history. It was strangely calming (??)– when they took their bows especially – what a great moment. Lucky those in attendance. Loved it-thanks for sharing videos, pics and reviews
Old 09-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fascinating to see how the band is carrying Christine around on stage. Stevie going over, holding her from behind for the applause, then guides her to the bows, with Lindsey taking her from Stevies hand, backed up from John, taking care, too. The light is probably blinding when you are not used ot be on such a big stage and everyone makes sure that Christine is safe and orientated. It's just lovely to see how they care for her.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Fascinating to see how the band is carrying Christine around on stage. Stevie going over, holding her from behind for the applause, then guides her to the bows, with Lindsey taking her from Stevies hand, backed up from John, taking care, too. The light is probably blinding when you are not used ot be on such a big stage and everyone makes sure that Christine is safe and orientated. It's just lovely to see how they care for her.
I know. It's like they know that she had to adjust after so long. They really still cared for her like they did all those years ago.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-26-2013, 02:15 AM
Ledgie

Did everyone who went enjoy last night?

Was magic wasn't it?

Did the meet and greet with mick. We checked in at 5pm but didn't get to meet mick until 6pm as there was a technical issue with one of Stevies' songs.

I have never done a meet and greet before but it was well worth the money. We spent 45 minutes with him.

One guy had already done the meet and greet 4 times already as Mick said about it when he saw him. Wow.

Spoiler: he said straight away that Christine was playing tonight and she playing Friday too.

They did almost 3 hours. Well worth the money.

Before the gig started the stewards said people on the end rows couldn't stand in the gang way but when the lights dimmed loads of people from behind as charged towards the front of the stage and was allowed to stay there so we went down the front too.

Lindsey likes the young women: dirty beast!! Noticed him eying up a couple of pretty young women: filth!!! Made me laugh :-)

Yep Peter Green was in the audience somewhere and when Christine came on stage everyone went mental: shame it was just one song.

I wonder if Christine knows how much she is lived by the band and fans alike?

So lucky to have seen her perform. Must have been daunting for her coming back on stage with them after all these years.

Well worth the money and I took some pics which I can post later if anyone wants to see them.

Last edited by julieannboo; 09-26-2013 at 02:19 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 02:22 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine McVie does not sound 70 years old!!
No way she is 70!!!!!!

She is: just checked. Amazing :-)