User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
The most important line is when she's talking about writing songs with Neil and she says "he (Neil) seems like he'll be easy to work with". You can surmise who she's implying wouldn't be easy to work with.
Specifically, who do you think she refers to?
Old 02-16-2019, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Oh please Mick you are pulling that one out of thin air. She did nothing but praise Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-17-2019, 08:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Who are you implying she's referring to?
I don't think the comment is that deep. People being "difficult to work with" has been the issue of literally every recording session FMac has had. Stevie, Lindsey, Danny, Bob, Mick, John, Christine, and their crew have always had strife. When she makes that comment it's probably out of relief that she might be working with someone that isn't super dramatic for a change .

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 02-17-2019, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's also possible to give someone a compliment without it being a backhanded insult to someone else. Decent people do that all the time.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's been a lot of talk of new Fleetwood Mac material over the last few years, and obviously you had your joint album with Lindsay a couple of years ago - are you guys working on fresh material?

With the new band? No not yet.
That almost suggests to me that she might be/have been also working with Lindsey.

Quote:
There are a couple of songs we've had in mind with Neil, and he seems like he'll be easy to work with
I didn’t read anything into this other than Neil seems like he’ll be easy to work with. I don’t think it’s in relation to anyone else.

Quote:
This world tour is going to take most of the year. Maybe next year. Nobody's made any decisions about that yet.
The tour will go into next year or they’ll do an album next year?

I kind of love the vagueness.

Realistically, though, Stevie almost has to do a solo tour, with the RRHOF induction.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-18-2019, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That almost suggests to me that she might be/have been also working with Lindsey.
There's really no way for this to be true. Lindsey said he hadn't heard from Christine since he was fired, then Christine was in rehearsals and then the tour while Lindsey was on his solo tour, followed by the holidays and then Lindsey's surgery. Lindsey did confirm he got an email from Christine after the settlement, but really, there's no way they've had time to work together. I'm not saying they won't collaborate later, just that there's no way it's happened since they toured together for Buck/Vie. There just hasn't been time.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
There's really no way for this to be true. Lindsey said he hadn't heard from Christine since he was fired, then Christine was in rehearsals and then the tour while Lindsey was on his solo tour, followed by the holidays and then Lindsey's surgery. Lindsey did confirm he got an email from Christine after the settlement, but really, there's no way they've had time to work together. I'm not saying they won't collaborate later, just that there's no way it's happened since they toured together for Buck/Vie. There just hasn't been time.
Good to see you back. Your positivity is missed around here.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to think Stevie is going to solo tour on the back of the RRHOF induction. This will potentially hamper any new album.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I have to think Stevie is going to solo tour on the back of the RRHOF induction. This will potentially hamper any new album.
Stevie can't solo tour until September or October, right? Won't she want a little time off after Fleetwood Mac's tour?

If there's a Mac album in the works (I'm perhaps a little dubious), I think it highly unlikely that Stevie will spend much time in the studio with the rest of the gang. Historically, even when Lindsey isn't around, Stevie doesn't hang out in the studio with Fleetwood Mac. She would have the same problem she's always had: Unless the band is tracking her song, she has nothing to do that takes longer than a day or two. She just doesn't hang around a studio if there's no work on her own songs.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 02-18-2019 at 07:33 PM..
Old 02-18-2019, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie can't solo tour until September or October, right? Won't she want a little time off after Fleetwood Mac's tour?

If there's a Mac album in the works (I'm perhaps a little dubious), I think it highly unlikely that Stevie will spend much time in the studio with the rest of the gang. Historically, even when Lindsey isn't around, Stevie doesn't hang out in the studio with Fleetwood Mac. She would have the same problem she's always had: Unless the band is tracking her song, she has nothing to do that takes longer than a day or two. She just doesn't hang around a studio if there's no work on her own songs.
Normally I would agree with that, but I would think she would want to benefit from the momentum of the induction. Also, when all of the "lies" were being spewed from the band when LB was initially fired, Stevie alluded to not being able to change the dynamics of the FM tour (ie Lindsey wanting a delay) because she had other commitments in the back half of 2019.
And I am with you on the dubiousness of a new album.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's all lining up perfectly. She'll use the RRHOF thing as a reason to do a small solo tour which gives her yet another "out" for not recording with the mac. She will then take a year off after that tour. By the end of that year off, by that point it will be about time for Mick to start up the oldies jukebox tour one more time, with nothing new from the mac or her. It's a new band though!!

But hey, Christine just said she is perfectly happy putting aside her songwriting and new music ideas, so they should all be thrilled as punch.

This crap is beyond predictable at this point.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-19-2019 at 08:16 AM..
Old 02-19-2019, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've got a great title for the solo tour:

An Evening With Stevie Nicks - Shouting The Hits 2019
Old 02-19-2019, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
“Looking to the future, the drummer said he was looking forward to making music with Campbell and Finn. "I think we all do," he said. "It isn't right now, but this is a highly creative bunch of people that still have a lot in that bag, in that mojo bag, that I would love to see, and I think we will see some of that over the next couple years or so.””

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...-lineup-songs/
Meh. It’s just talk. He only said this because he was pointedly asked. He promised us new songs that were “calling cards” but apparently “it isn’t right now....” crap. It’s just crap.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Meh. It’s just talk. He only said this because he was pointedly asked. He promised us new songs that were “calling cards” but apparently “it isn’t right now....” crap. It’s just crap.
It's complete crap. I don't understand why so many savvy fans hang on such vocal "filler" as if it were genuine. It's no more genuine than "I'm going to make a movie of Rhiannon" or "We're going to rerelease Buckingham Nicks." It's guff.

(Of course, now watch them all go make an album—their first in fifteen years.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-19-2019, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL...spot on Dave. This is business as usual, classic Fleetwood Mac MO if there ever was one. Funny how this stuff never changes, even when you introduce a TWO new talented people into the mix.