Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default journal star blogger on lindsey's cancellation

thought this was interesting in that locals were apparently concerned about upcoming shows. also doesn't point fingers. but the comment did piss me off. no name?

http://journalstar.com/blog/gzo.php?m=200704
Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
thought this was interesting in that locals were apparently concerned about upcoming shows. also doesn't point fingers. but the comment did piss me off. no name?

http://journalstar.com/blog/gzo.php?m=200704
Yes, the comment did piss me off, too. So he's a "no-name", huh? I was googling LB + something, I can't remember what the something was, and I came across some record reviewer's blog. He gave UTS a nice review, but what stuck in my head was that he described us as Lindsey's "small but devoted fan base". I'm very proud to be a part of that fan base. It's quality, not quantity, right? Lindsey a "no name"? I guess it depends on who you ask.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Ledgie

I wonder if maybe the commenter was being sarcastic and just forgot a few ""s. In any case, having lived in Lincoln for two years and read the Journal Star regularly, I'd advise taking that blogger with a grain of salt. But you didn't hear that from me.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey , a no- name ??????

I have personally never even heard of the 2 guys that had sold out shows there, so

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 06-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I commented on it
I've heard of Jason Mraz, I personally love him, but not the other guy.
The commenter [if serious] who wrote that Lindsey is a noname, most likely is some teenager who has never heard of decent music, and just likes new stuff. so there you go. they most likely have never heard of Stevie or Fleetwood Mac either if thats the case
Old 06-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

You can't honestly be that delusional to think that the masses would have any idea who Lindsey Buckingham is. Most have heard of Fleetwood Mac for sure, and probably more know the name Stevie Nicks, but the other four in the band are complete no names to the general public. Just because a guy makes great music, or more importantly, because you love him, it does not mean anybody else gives a crap.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki View Post
You can't honestly be that delusional to think that the masses would have any idea who Lindsey Buckingham is. Most have heard of Fleetwood Mac for sure, and probably more know the name Stevie Nicks, but the other four in the band are complete no names to the general public. Just because a guy makes great music, or more importantly, because you love him, it does not mean anybody else gives a crap.
That's kind of true - my daughter was working at Circuit City when Lindseys new cd came out and it was pretty funny, she's only 17, and this guy came up to her looking for Lindseys cd, and he said "I'm sure that you have never heard of him" - , she directed him right to the cd and even told him which songs she thought were really good. She did explain that her mother is a complete Lindsey fanantic, so they talked for a long while, so it was really cool for her. My daughter thought it was so funny that someone other than myself wanted his cd.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 06-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

An "oldies" radio station I listen to (they play 70's and 80's music) has a listing of all of the upcoming concerts locally and since Lindsey and Stevie were coming to town around the same town, they mentioned both of them. For Stevie, all they had to say was "Stevie Nicks will be at The Greek Theatre...." and for Lindsey, it was, "Lindsey Buckingham, FORMER guitarist from Fleetwood Mac is playing at....". The former guitarist part was bad enough, but that they had to mention Fleetwood Mac says something. I have to do the same thing. When people ask me who I was going to see earlier this week, I have to say Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac (and sometimes, I still get a blank stare!).
Old 06-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

i commented also
Old 06-09-2007, 05:44 PM

Last night Dreams came on the juke box and my friend said this is Stevie Nicks... and I told him it was actually Fleetwood Mac... and FM has 3 singers...

he said that's right Stevie Nicks and that guy with english woman
Old 06-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Last night Dreams came on the juke box and my friend said this is Stevie Nicks... and I told him it was actually Fleetwood Mac... and FM has 3 singers...

he said that's right Stevie Nicks and that guy with english woman

That made me LMAO!! lol.
'that guy with english woman'
whats that supposed to mean

LINDSEY #1FAN, is your daughter a really big fan? as being a teenage lindsey/fm fan myself, it is so rare to come across other fans. [i once hugged this kid just because they liked classic rock ]

and Michelle Daya, I am going to HAVE TO read your comment!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
That made me LMAO!! lol.
'that guy with english woman'
whats that supposed to mean

LINDSEY #1FAN, is your daughter a really big fan? as being a teenage lindsey/fm fan myself, it is so rare to come across other fans. [i once hugged this kid just because they liked classic rock ]

and Michelle Daya, I am going to HAVE TO read your comment!
it cracked me up too... it should read... with "that" english woman
Old 06-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
it cracked me up too... it should read... with "that" english woman
i went to have my nails done today & was raving about the saratoga show. when i told her it was lindsey, she said "who?" i said fleetwood mac. she said "oh i love them!" i was telling her about drunk girl from 1st row. she asked how old she was & i said maybe 18 or 20 at the most. she asked how someone that age would even know about fleetwood mac (of course still not getting it was just lindsey ) i told her there were a lot of people under 20 that were fans & she seemed shocked maybe we're all just really weird. i mean i'm under 30 & i'm a fan. even if i were under 20, i think i'd still dig em. i admit tho that drunk girl seemed out of place. i can't say why but she did.