Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Greeny to play in England

Peter Green And Friends are scheduled to play a blues Festival in England next January 2011...

He is playing at the Rock & Blues weekend at Butlin's in Skegness on Friday 28th to Monday 31st January.. You can check out the line-up etc by going to 'The Weekends - Butlin's Big Weekends' web-site and look at the Rock & Blues weekend.

Mario.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Ledgie

Default Good News

Thanks Mario, I'm pleased to see that he's not finished with P.G. & friends.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Peter Green And Friends are scheduled to play a blues Festival in England next January 2011...

He is playing at the Rock & Blues weekend at Butlin's in Skegness on Friday 28th to Monday 31st January.. You can check out the line-up etc by going to 'The Weekends - Butlin's Big Weekends' web-site and look at the Rock & Blues weekend.

Mario.
an early christmas present that guarantees a happy new year for zero. brilliant news mario. thanks!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

GREAT NEWS, MARIO!!! You ceratinly are The Ledge watch-dog. What should we do without you?
Very nice to know PG is still intending to play and has not retired ect...Even though in this weather hibernating would be the most obvious thing to do.

It is not possible to see the band line-up on the Butlins site, though. I hope the bandmembers are still the same.

Ms Moose
Old 12-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Mario
This message has been deleted by Mario.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
GREAT NEWS, MARIO!!! You ceratinly are The Ledge watch-dog. What should we do without you?
Very nice to know PG is still intending to play and has not retired ect...Even though in this weather hibernating would be the most obvious thing to do.

It is not possible to see the band line-up on the Butlins site, though. I hope the bandmembers are still the same.

Ms Moose
I just saw that Greeny isn't scheduled to play in Skegness anymore, sadly...

Mario.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Thanks, Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
I just saw that Greeny isn't scheduled to play in Skegness anymore, sadly...

Mario.

Without you Mario, we Peter Green fans would never get any inside information during the years of this message board's existance.

I knew in late 2009 Mike Dodd made the same mistake as Nigel Watson, and Mick Fleetwood. Dodd pushed Peter Green into a normal tour schedule regimen. I also knew things weren't "right" when Peter became "Lancaster, PA" Amish man, with his beard. Peter grew his beard as he grew it during the last months with FM, he was not happy.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Without you Mario, we Peter Green fans would never get any inside information during the years of this message board's existance.

I knew in late 2009 Mike Dodd made the same mistake as Nigel Watson, and Mick Fleetwood. Dodd pushed Peter Green into a normal tour schedule regimen. I also knew things weren't "right" when Peter became "Lancaster, PA" Amish man, with his beard. Peter grew his beard as he grew it during the last months with FM, he was not happy.
Yes, I think you are right. When I saw PG & F in the beginning of november 2009, he looked bored and fed up, and Mike Dodd seemed irritated with him. When you admire someone - maybe idealize them, you might not see them very realistically. You just want them to fit into the picture you have of them. It's very human really. Maybe that's the case with Mike Dodd and PG.

PG is a brilliant musician, but a very vulnerable human being who should not tour extensively for 18 months. Somehow I think "the guardians" (whoever they are...) should have stopped it long before, because he does not seem to be able to take care of himself (say NO, for instance instead of growing a beard), and is easily taken advantage of.

We will probably never know "what really happened", because obviously no one is allowed to talk and to give an objective account. What a pity.

Ms Moose