Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
:waits patiently to hear the shout out to Stevie:

Aww...Chrissie joins the moon necklace club <3
Your avatar is hot. I want it.

Old 03-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I actually *loved* the movie. But maybe it's because I'm fascinated with Jude Law lately. Who knows, really.

The soundtrack, though, oh my word. I spotted it today when I was looking for the Huckabees soundtrack and almost had an orgasm when I read the tracklisting. 14 tracks of Mick Jagger/Dave Stewart goodness, with a little Sheryl Crow and Gary Cooper added to spice them up. It's just fantastic. Who knew that Dave Stewart and Mick Jagger could make such heavenly music together? Not I.
Sounds pretty good. I think I'll see the movie first, so that I can tell. I already thought I would like the movie, the previews looked good. Plus, of course, it looked all glamorous and attractive, which always sways me.. I was like..."hmmm, everyone is attractive and sexy and wearing nice clothes." Innyways, I decided to finally watch Garden State instead, and of course I had to get South Park. I <3 Huckabees was all out, else I would've gotten that, too. All the ones I wanted were new, and I was like "wait, I couldn't possibly watch 3 movies by tomorrow" So Alfie will have to wait.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your avatar is hot. I want it.
I just made it. Maybe if you're good, i'll share
Old 03-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Sounds pretty good. I think I'll see the movie first, so that I can tell. I already thought I would like the movie, the previews looked good. Plus, of course, it looked all glamorous and attractive, which always sways me.. I was like..."hmmm, everyone is attractive and sexy and wearing nice clothes." Innyways, I decided to finally watch Garden State instead, and of course I had to get South Park. I <3 Huckabees was all out, else I would've gotten that, too. All the ones I wanted were new, and I was like "wait, I couldn't possibly watch 3 movies by tomorrow" So Alfie will have to wait.
I love Garden State. That movie rawks. I wanted to marry Natalie Potman after seeing her in it.

Alfie is a riot, the music is fab, and it's pretty to look at. I never cared for the original at all, but the new one is great. Jude Law is *dreamy* (almost as much as he was in Huckabees) and Susan Sarandon, hello? One of the most sexiest and most beautiful women to ever grace the screen.

Huckabees has turned me onto a big philosophy kick. I bought, like, four new books to read about existential nihilism and evidentialism.

Old 03-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just made it. Maybe if you're good, i'll share
That's like asking a dog not to ****, dear.

Old 03-19-2005, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I love Garden State. That movie rawks. I wanted to marry Natalie Potman after seeing her in it.

Alfie is a riot, the music is fab, and it's pretty to look at. I never cared for the original at all, but the new one is great. Jude Law is *dreamy* (almost as much as he was in Huckabees) and Susan Sarandon, hello? One of the most sexiest and most beautiful women to ever grace the screen.

Huckabees has turned me onto a big philosophy kick. I bought, like, four new books to read about existential nihilism and evidentialism.
ah, I thought, as far as existential nihilism went, you were already living the dream! At this moment, I don't know what Evidentialism is. Anyway, yeah, I like Jude Law, too. He's almost too pretty, but not quite, he has an edge I like. Plus, he's almost so good looking that he's not pretty anymore. Just...ravishingly sexy.. And, lo and behold, he picks pretty good scripts! that's always nice...Yeah, I was stoked that Sarandon is in Alfie. I'll probably do a Jude Law double bill tomorrow. Now the question will finally be answered tonight - Is there a way for me to like Natalie Portman? stay tuned!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's like asking a dog not to ****, dear.
Ahhh...I forgot who it was I was talking to
Old 03-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ah, I thought, as far as existential nihilism went, you were already living the dream!
Well, that goes without saying. I've been an existential nihilist ever since I took a philosophy course my first year in college and it was defined for me.

Quote:
At this moment, I don't know what Evidentialism is.
It's the thesis on what it takes for a person to believe something justifiably in regards to their sense of knowledge. At least that's what I understand it to be in its most simplistic definition.

Quote:
Anyway, yeah, I like Jude Law, too. He's almost too pretty, but not quite, he has an edge I like. Plus, he's almost so good looking that he's not pretty anymore. Just...ravishingly sexy.. And, lo and behold, he picks pretty good scripts! that's always nice...
Oy, I never thought much of him until recently. He's too gorgeous for his own good. I thought I was going to have a heart attack looking at him at the end of Huckabees when he was all disheveled and sweaty. That? Was hot. But I never realized what a good actor he was, either. He's quite good, there's an air of intellectualism to him that not many actors have.

Quote:
Yeah, I was stoked that Sarandon is in Alfie. I'll probably do a Jude Law double bill tomorrow. Now the question will finally be answered tonight - Is there a way for me to like Natalie Portman? stay tuned!
She's a riot, you'll be converted. No lie.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ahhh...I forgot who it was I was talking to
Doesn't say much for you, my love. Be careful, or I just might have to bust out The Taco Joke in honor of your Bette avatar.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oy, I never thought much of him until recently. He's too gorgeous for his own good. I thought I was going to have a heart attack looking at him at the end of Huckabees when he was all disheveled and sweaty. That? Was hot. But I never realized what a good actor he was, either. He's quite good, there's an air of intellectualism to him that not many actors have.
I took notice of him right away from Ripley...the one with Matt Damon and Philip Seymour Hoffman (<3)?

Old 03-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I took notice of him right away from Ripley...the one with Matt Damon and Philip Seymour Hoffman (<3)?
Oh, I *LOVE* Seymour Hoffman! He's incredibly talented, I'll watch anything with him.

I didn't see Ripley until a few years ago because I was in an "I Hate Minghella" phase, but it subsided. Good movie, too, a lot more refreshing than most thrillers they make nowadays. Now I must see every Jude Law movie.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I *LOVE* Seymour Hoffman! He's incredibly talented, I'll watch anything with him.

I didn't see Ripley until a few years ago because I was in an "I Hate Minghella" phase, but it subsided. Good movie, too, a lot more refreshing than most thrillers they make nowadays. Now I must see every Jude Law movie.
Yeah PSH is greatness. I mostly noticed him first in Boogie Nights, which is one of my very faves - and he has done much great work since then. I was soooooooo sad when he died in Ripley, he was hilarious. He could act his way into a paper bag( )
You could do far worse than to have a Jude Lawathon.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Talented Mr. Ripley

I saw it and became mesmerized by the dang thing...and watched it again...and again. LOL Matt Damon is freakishly fascinating and Jude looks good. I was so excited to see Jack Davenport (Steve on Coupling) too!!
Old 03-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah PSH is greatness. I mostly noticed him first in Boogie Nights, which is one of my very faves - and he has done much great work since then. I was soooooooo sad when he died in Ripley, he was hilarious. He could act his way into a paper bag( )
He's truly great in anything, that's the thing. Even in crap like Red Dragon, he makes it watchable. Boogie Nights is one of my faves, too. One of the best casts ever assembled. Why Burt Reynolds despises it is beyond me, but he wouldn't know good taste if it bit him in his ass. I mean, Striptease?

Quote:
You could do far worse than to have a Jude Lawathon.
Oh, tell me about it. Though I don't think I'll be able to stomach Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, unfortunately. My car is on the fritz and needs work, plus it's going to rain and snow tomorrow, so I think I'll watch a few of his movies. I never tire of Huckabees, that's for sure.

"Can we do the ball thing again later?"
"Don't call it the ball thing, call it pure being."

You must see it!

Old 03-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He's truly great in anything, that's the thing. Even in crap like Red Dragon, he makes it watchable. Boogie Nights is one of my faves, too. One of the best casts ever assembled. Why Burt Reynolds despises it is beyond me, but he wouldn't know good taste if it bit him in his ass. I mean, Striptease?

Oh, tell me about it. Though I don't think I'll be able to stomach Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, unfortunately. My car is on the fritz and needs work, plus it's going to rain and snow tomorrow, so I think I'll watch a few of his movies. I never tire of Huckabees, that's for sure.

"Can we do the ball thing again later?"
"Don't call it the ball thing, call it pure being."

You must see it!
Ha, plus sky captain has Angelina Jolie - saw that in the store today. I'm so sick of her one "I'm intense yet strange" stare. While she's flying all over the world to help people, she should try to squeeze in an acting class or two... (sorry, she's gorgeous, she just makes me throw up a little in my mouth) I'm hoping Huckabees and Alfie are both in stock tomorrow, that's what I want to rent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondergirl9847
I saw it and became mesmerized by the dang thing...and watched it again...and again. LOL Matt Damon is freakishly fascinating and Jude looks good. I was so excited to see Jack Davenport (Steve on Coupling) too!!
Yeah, that movie was extremely interesting. I thought Matt Damon did an excellent job, and I usually don't love him. (don't hate him, either, just don't love him).