Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks! not the best screencap but here it is anyway:

now if someone would find that Mirage one!
by any chance would this have been during the performance of "Eyes"?
Seems fitting, Chris playing the accordian and the lines "Her lips were waiting..."

note to self:crap I just realized I quoted the wrong song!
This would have worked perfectly with IKINW
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
Really, I'd just plop a newbie down and have them watch all of the Mirage concert.
I didn't even have to do this and it worked with 2 people I know. Back in 1982-1986 HBO often had this concert in heavy rotation so everyone got to watch it at one time or another. I still remember this guy at work telling me one day that he finally understood my obsession with SN. He had seen the concert on HBO and was mesmerized by Sister's Of The Moon. The other person was my brother who while flipping channels with one hand down his pants, like most guys, came across the concert and enjoyed Stevie's beauty. Her never liked her singing though.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
ah... found a clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HwL8VYoNLI

kiss is around 4:54.

Seems kinda friendly. They certainly had some kind of silly chemistry going on during the song. Stevie seemed to stay somewhat remote, or hang by Mick.
Clearly a cheek peck. Someone save this thread. LOL.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Clearly a cheek peck. Someone save this thread. LOL.
Great idea! We can save it as a separate thread, maybe something like Chris and Linds intimacy?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great idea! We can save it as a separate thread, maybe something like Chris and Linds intimacy?
Ooh, I think this is a great idea too!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not truly intimacy, and nothing new, but sweet none the less.

Also, the Lindsey/Chris kiss over Stevie during The Dance literally cracked me up. How did they time that so perfectly? It makes for an awesome screencap.

Also speaking of timing, I always am amused by the end of Soldier's Angel at the Wiltern when Lindsey leans in for a kiss but Stevie goes for a bow. He stands there puckering for a moment but then settles for her hand.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I agree that that's a great idea, Elle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Not truly intimacy, and nothing new, but sweet none the less.

Also, the Lindsey/Chris kiss over Stevie during The Dance literally cracked me up. How did they time that so perfectly? It makes for an awesome screencap.
I love all of those pictures. They look so natural, and so happy in all of them

Do you happen to have that screen cap to share (perhaps in CAD and Elle's soon to be started Christine/Lindsey thread )

Last edited by Lindsfan; 01-09-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Yes, I agree that that's a great idea, Elle

I love all of those pictures. They look so natural, and so happy in all of them

Do you happen to have that screen cap to share (perhaps in CAD and Elle's soon to be started Christine/Lindsey thread )
I have it on my computer but not on my phone (which I'm using now). Hopefully someone else has it handy to share. It's from the end of the dance DVD.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As I said, the Mirage kiss is not that much of a peck. It's a fuller kiss. I'll have to watch the concert this weekend and find out where it is.

Michele
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also in the C & L thread should be the clip where Christine is arguing with Mick. Lindsey is standing there and he obviously doesn't know whether they are seriously fighting or not and he is lingering. I think he's doing it just in case he has to stand in and protect Chris.

But they are not angry. Mick is daring her to throw her drink at him, but he's not mad.

Michele
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with Michele. It's not just a peck on the cheek.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 01-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I agree with Michele. It's not just a peck on the cheek.
Yes, I agree with them that the US Festival kiss is just a peck, but not the one in the Mirage video. I'm not saying that Christine and Lindsey had an affair. I'm just saying he adored her . . . until she burned her bridges. Actually, I think he took that a little hard, no matter what he says.

I think he loves Mick and Stevie very deeply too, but Christine was different, because there was less friction with her. So, it was an easier relationship. He said in the SYW program that they could all finally admit they love one another. But I don't think he ever had a problem loving Christine. John, Mick, Stevie . . . love/hate.

Michele
Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I agree with them that the US Festival kiss is just a peck, but not the one in the Mirage video. I'm not saying that Christine and Lindsey had an affair. I'm just saying he adored her . . . until she burned her bridges. Actually, I think he took that a little hard, no matter what he says.

I think he loves Mick and Stevie very deeply too, but Christine was different, because there was less friction with her. So, it was an easier relationship. He said in the SYW program that they could all finally admit they love one another. But I don't think he ever had a problem loving Christine. John, Mick, Stevie . . . love/hate.

Michele
Sort of ironic because he's the one who left the band back in the 80s and no one knew if he'd ever be back. I think she was hurt by that from a number of different interviews where she talked about it.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
For sure there's all kinds of love going on. But, recently he has reiterated how Chris may have helped Stevie initiate the break up that he thought could have been prevented. So, he probably was miffed at her about that for awhile anyway.

Also, that whole throwing a drink in his face thing. He probably didn't like that either.

Last edited by CADreaming; 01-09-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Old 01-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
For sure there's all kinds of love going on. But, recently he has reiterated how Chris may have helped Stevie initiate the break up that he thought could have been prevented. So, he probably was miffed at her about that for awhile anyway.

Also, that whole throwing a drink in his face thing. He probably didn't like that either.
Oh he's reiterated a lot of things since she's been gone and one of the reasons for that is, I believe, that he is sorry/mad she's gone. He has said she accelerated his break up with Stevie. He has said she made Stevie's music too feminine and he has said her music never sounded all that good in concert. He has lots of negative things to say. I don't think that has much to do with his feelings.

Michele