Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
what is there to read (into )

they are ex lovers who are part of a multi million dollar business they do their part , they get their pay check and go home it's a job and all the professional life / stage show is an illusion , isn't that what most people are paying for

thank you, that was exactly my point.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
But didn't she say that the whole lovey-dovey thing during the SYW tour was an act???
You have to remember that whatever happened right before that tour with the album made Stevie never want to record with Lindsey again. Not on a serious level anyway. That's the real burning question of the Fleetwood Mac saga in this century. What exactly did happen? "I hear the islands calling. I hear angry words flying across the ocean like some seabirds - never stopping. I feel my blood racing. I can't believe what you are saying. I used to love you so much."

I think she might have told him she didn't like his production and he might have told her he thought her songs sucked. Or vice versa. What a phone call that must have been. Yikes.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
^ Like the many, many men before them have.
+10........
Old 02-21-2015, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
^ Like the many, many men before them have.
All I can say is.........BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/snort snort!She looks so prim and proper in that photo,considering her position.A follow-up song to "Fall From Grace" perhaps."Sometimes,you just f**k with grace".
Old 02-21-2015, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
You have to remember that whatever happened right before that tour with the album made Stevie never want to record with Lindsey again. Not on a serious level anyway. That's the real burning question of the Fleetwood Mac saga in this century. What exactly did happen? "I hear the islands calling. I hear angry words flying across the ocean like some seabirds - never stopping. I feel my blood racing. I can't believe what you are saying. I used to love you so much."

I think she might have told him she didn't like his production and he might have told her he thought her songs sucked. Or vice versa. What a phone call that must have been. Yikes.

no the conversation I really want to know about is the one around the time he left.

i can't find the audio, but there *is* audio somewhere of her saying that she and Lindsey had the conversation (then) that they never should have had. She says she said things to him she wishes she hadn't but can never take back and he said things to her he can never take back, and that their relationship couldn't be ever back on track because of it.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
no the conversation I really want to know about is the one around the time he left.

i can't find the audio, but there *is* audio somewhere of her saying that she and Lindsey had the conversation (then) that they never should have had. She says she said things to him she wishes she hadn't but can never take back and he said things to her he can never take back, and that their relationship couldn't be ever back on track because of it.
She said in 1991,

Quote:
It was horrifying for both of us. We said too much to each other. We said all the things that we had wanted to say for the last ten years, and we screamed at each other. Those things in a relationship that you try to never say just in case you do get back together? We said those things. Lindsey and I had been going together from about 1971 to 1976. But we never really broke up until that moment. We've since patched up our friendship, because Lindsey is far too important to my life not to do that, but the creative ties are behind us.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She said in 1991,
When Stevie said that they screamed at each other things that you try to never say to someone just in case you get back together makes me think that they were throwing stones at each other about sexual things - unsatisfactory sexual things,if you get my drift....
Old 02-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I do think that was all about their personal relationship and all the things they had ever wanted to say but couldn't because of their huge success. At that point, she was still willing to work with him. He'd just produced a top ten album for Fleetwood Mac.
The second fight is all about their musical relationship, which is far more interesting to me at this point. None of them has ever really said anything about what went down with Say You Will/Double Suicide. I'm intrigued.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
When Stevie said that they screamed at each other things that you try to never say to someone just in case you get back together makes me think that they were throwing stones at each other about sexual things - unsatisfactory sexual things,if you get my drift....
Lousy lovers...
Old 02-22-2015, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have to remember that whatever happened right before that tour with the album made Stevie never want to record with Lindsey again. Not on a serious level anyway. That's the real burning question of the Fleetwood Mac saga in this century. What exactly did happen?
I think she was mad that he ran her vocal through a phaser or a flanger, which only emphasized an already nasal noise. If he had done that to me, I'd have walloped him one.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
Yeah. That's pretty funny to think about.

Michele
Old 02-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lousy lovers...
so who was it?

or are we just assuming because Stevie wrote that line she's the only one with complaints?
Old 02-22-2015, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so who was it?
Look, when a guy is so afraid, you can't expect him to be that good in bed.

Michele
Old 02-23-2015, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Look, when a guy is so afraid, you can't expect him to be that good in bed.

Michele
tomorrow morning he'll wake up, hurting from the things they said...
but nobody else is doing it…so she needs to think of him every time she doesn't come….
Old 02-23-2015, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Audio's right here on my tumblr.

http://buckinghamnicks-ff.tumblr.com...-out-of-a-room

'It’s very hard to get up and walk out of a room instead of turning around and saying “Well, if you really want to know how I feel, you know, let me, I’ve got a list, let me go get it.” You know. “And let’s just sit here for two or three hours”. And the next day, you’re so sorry. Because, really, half of it was totally ridiculous anyway and you could’ve just been having a bad day. An unfortunate thing that happened, you know, with me and Lindsey was, when the band broke up, was that Lindsey and I said things to each other that I wish we had never said. That are etched on both of our hearts in stone. And because of that we can never, ever be anything to each other again, ever. That was a very big lesson for me to learn and I’m, I’m very sorry for the things that I said to him. And I know he’s very sorry for the things he said to me. Because, you know, we went through too much and we lived together and we loved too much and we meant too much to each other for those words to be said. And they were said and they can never be taken back.’

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"