User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So so. He had some more small growths removed from his neck last week, so he's all stapled and **** again. And he's having a hard time keeping solid food down, since the surgery. We skipped his chemo this week, since he's feeling so poorly. If he could just keep the food down, and get his appetite back, I think he'd be okay, for now.
He had the same surgery a little over two months ago, and came back from it(when he acted like he wouldn't/couldn't). Hopefully he can do it again. I feel like I've accepted the inevitable though. I'm so tired and broke, and of course it makes me feel terrible, when he feels terrible.
Sorry so depressing.....
sorry to hear that, homie. sending good thoughts to you and cash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
this is my little guy, snuffleupagus. poor pudding's only got one eye, so i try to shoot him from the other side most of the time.
he's so cute! my dog only has one eye, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Since we lost Banjo, Coco has become much more outgoing and wants to be with me constantly. Here she is.
aw, she's beautiful, sparky!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Here she is
right where she wants to be.
coco is a real beauty.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So so
hey homie...we haven't chatted in a while but you and Cash have been in my thoughts often. Cash has just got to get to having some good days...we want him feeling real good asap. I wish there was something I could do to make that happen. What have you been offering for food samplings? Many hugs for you, especially during the toughest of times which is probably where you are at right now. I am praying for some tailwags of feeling good, a better appetite, and for you both to have better days/nights ahead.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about cash. you just have to have faith that somehow it will work out. I know it's hard to do that right now. You're doing the best you can and that's all you can do. And cash loves you, so be happy for that. I'm sorry you're sad
I worked 13 hours today( ,couldn't be here to nurse him). I finally got a few NIBBLES of chicken down him now, then a few small spoons of Frosted Flakes. Thank God he's not thrown that little bit up. I'm going to wait another half hour, then try to get about a half can of Ensure Plus down him(waiting - in hope that nothing comes back up).

This rich old bitch had her Scottish Terrier?(about 5-10 lbs bigger than Cash) in the vet's office yesterday. (okay, Cash runs loose in the vet's office, they even let him back in the carpeted receptionist's area with them. He comes and goes as he pleases. They call him their [ala Wallyhell] "greeter", as he runs to the door, tail wagging, anytime someone comes in). Anyway, when they "called" the old bitch, she wouldn't walk her dog past Cash, until I picked him up and held him(out of fear that he was going to hurt her dog). They all laughed at her, and told her that Cash was the most passive dog that ever lived, and she was being silly.

He is the gentlest, most social dog, that ever lived. He's never met a stranger.

Death, for all of us, is inevitable. God I'll miss him when he's gone.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 12-01-2006 at 03:06 AM..
Old 12-01-2006, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He is the gentlest, most social dog, that ever lived. He's never met a stranger.
that's a really sweet, lovely sentiment. hearing cash's struggles makes me that much more appreciative of my own dogs' good health. best of luck, homie.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
hey homie...we haven't chatted in a while but you and Cash have been in my thoughts often. Cash has just got to get to having some good days...we want him feeling real good asap. I wish there was something I could do to make that happen. What have you been offering for food samplings? Many hugs for you, especially during the toughest of times which is probably where you are at right now. I am praying for some tailwags of feeling good, a better appetite, and for you both to have better days/nights ahead.
Thanks. He's pretty much sick of almost everything. Occasional things he'll eat are:
Arby's Beef and Cheddar.
Fried chicken(not the skin though, he doesn't like that)
Fried Chicken Livers and Gizzards.
Frosted Flakes.
Purina Cat Chow.
Cookies(occasionally).
The "pork on a stick" at Chinese restaurants(my vet calls it "rat on a stick"[sorry Vicky!!!!])
And he was picking at some leftover T-day turkey, but he's over that now....

I don't know why he's having such a hard time keeping solids down(the vet doesn't either). At least I got a little bit down him this evening.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At least I got a little bit down him this evening.
Yes, that is all you can really do is make the offerings. I, again, pray he does better with the eating. If the vet doesn't know why, that is very puzzling. I think that would half drive me insane, wondering and feeling helpless in finding a reason. I can only offer you my empathy and prayers in this situation so please know you have that. Continue doing your best homie, as I know you are, and keep us updated.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, that is all you can really do is make the offerings. I, again, pray he does better with the eating. If the vet doesn't know why, that is very puzzling. I think that would half drive me insane, wondering and feeling helpless in finding a reason. I can only offer you my empathy and prayers in this situation so please know you have that. Continue doing your best homie, as I know you are, and keep us updated.
-Don't read the following, if you can't take "nasty health related stuff"-
Well(in the too much info dept), when they did his mandibilectomy(one year! ago now[he was initially given 6-9 months to live - we're entering month 23!!!! today]), they told me that he might eventually have to have his saliva gland removed(on the side of the mandibilectomy, as it wouldn't be able to properly "discharge"). Anyway, he IS having THICK mucus-sy slobber problems lately. AND, when he does throw up, the food is usually covered in this hard, rubbery mucus(this is not just slobber, it's.......rubber-y). I think that's the problem with throwing up. But the vet thinks that if his saliva gland was the problem, there'd be a lump in his neck, where it was "backing up".
So, they past couple of days, I'm walking around with a pocket full of Kleenex's. Anytime a thick slobber starts hanging out, I grab a Kleenex, and "roll" this thick, heavy, rubbery stuff onto the Kleenex. Gross? Yes.
Anyway, that's my theory on why he's throwing up, and he kept this food down tonight(that I'd cleaned enough of this crap out of there- knocking on coffee table now). I hope I'm right.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
-Don't read the following, if you can't take "nasty health related stuff"-
Well(in the too much info dept), when they did his mandibilectomy(one year! ago now[he was initially given 6-9 months to live - we're entering month 23!!!! today]), they told me that he might eventually have to have his saliva gland removed(on the side of the mandibilectomy, as it wouldn't be able to properly "discharge"). Anyway, he IS having THICK mucus-sy slobber problems lately. AND, when he does throw up, the food is usually covered in this hard, rubbery mucus(this is not just slobber, it's.......rubber-y). I think that's the problem with throwing up. But the vet thinks that if his saliva gland was the problem, there'd be a lump in his neck, where it was "backing up".
So, they past couple of days, I'm walking around with a pocket full of Kleenex's. Anytime a thick slobber starts hanging out, I grab a Kleenex, and "roll" this thick, heavy, rubbery stuff onto the Kleenex. Gross? Yes.
Anyway, that's my theory on why he's throwing up, and he kept this food down tonight(that I'd cleaned enough of this crap out of there- knocking on coffee table now). I hope I'm right.
good luck & my heart is w/ you & cash, reading this made me cry~ i just know how you love him so & wish for him recovery & comfort~ you guys are definitely in my heart!!! ~
Old 12-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cash sounds like such a wonderful dog. Its no wonder you've worked so hard to fight his cancer. I hope you've gotten to the root of why he can't keep his food down. The poor baby!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

homie...I am not going to whitelie ya...your detailed descript made me gag. anyways...how does the vet expect that gland to get backed up etc if cash is taking in little food etc. I would seriously have them look further into the gland and consider having it removed...perhaps they can decipher where the goop is coming from. I wish I was a vet and could help you.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Some Seasonally Appropriate Photos...

Taken this morning:

Dunlop

And you can kind of make out Tiny cowering under the tree in this one:

Old 12-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
And you can kind of make out Tiny cowering under the tree in this one
I have such a tuff time with xmas trees and my cats...they climb up and perch inside the branches...and any low-hung balls...forget about it. Do you experience that?
Old 12-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have such a tuff time with xmas trees and my cats...they climb up and perch inside the branches...and any low-hung balls...forget about it. Do you experience that?
my cat used to climb the tree ... he brought it down one year! we had to tie it to a hook in the ceiling after that.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh I pick up ornaments off the floor every day. I just make sure that those lower down aren't breakable or valuable. The tree is artificial, so they can't really climb it like a real one, though they've tried in years past.

The main issue is the presents. I'm keeping mine locked up for now and won't put them out until a week or so before Christmas, otherwise the ribbons will be shredded and the paper torn up.