The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if it would be a good idea for Richard to work with FM again. He probably would be willing to because the money would be great, but Ken said that Richard was pretty ticked off at Lindsey and the rest of FM.

Ken said Richard sold or gave away all his FM awards and memorabilia (which I would have loved to have gotten from him) because he was so mad Lindsey and the group had stopped working with him or even contacting him.

So even though he's talented and could do a great job it may not be a good idea to have him there while the group is "mending bridges"
Old 03-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who cares? Really? Mick said they'd be back and, go figure, they were spotted. What else do you really need?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-14-2014, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Who cares? Really? Mick said they'd be back and, go figure, they were spotted. What else do you really need?
Honestly....Nothing.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The entertainment industry is pretty brutal, and all of these folks have been in it for over 4 decades. I'd have to imagine they're pretty hardened to this type of stuff by now.

Who knows, maybe Ken's presence at the Village Recorder isn't a coincidence & his "scouting new talent" is just a ruse. After all, this whole operation has been pretty cloak & dagger. Christine has mentioned her newest material is classic '70s Mac sounding... so who better to produce that than Ken? Christine's return would seem like a good reason for a reunion with him, too.
Ken has his own studio in Village Recorder - Studio E: http://www.kencaillat.com/studio.html He can probably offer that young lady a reasonable rate for recording with him in Studio E which he apparently designed...
Old 03-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
I don't know if it would be a good idea for Richard to work with FM again. He probably would be willing to because the money would be great, but Ken said that Richard was pretty ticked off at Lindsey and the rest of FM.
But Richard went to two of Lindsey's shows in Vegas in 2006, back to back, that was long after the band stopped working with him. At that point, it didn't seem like he was too steamed with Lindsey.

Michele
Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But Richard went to two of Lindsey's shows in Vegas in 2006, back to back, that was long after the band stopped working with him. At that point, it didn't seem like he was too steamed with Lindsey.
Agreed. Grudges are for suckers. Richard and Ken would both work with the band again, if asked. Business is business.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-15-2014, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I do hope they record at a real studio.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Ken said Richard sold or gave away all his FM awards and memorabilia (which I would have loved to have gotten from him) because he was so mad Lindsey and the group had stopped working with him or even contacting him.

So even though he's talented and could do a great job it may not be a good idea to have him there while the group is "mending bridges"
Actually Richard isn't in very good health. He was in a car accident (?) I think. I'm thankful he's still alive but I don't think he's up for producing anything. He seems to be hanging in there. God bless him. FM was lucky to have him.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Actually Richard isn't in very good health. He was in a car accident (?) I think. I'm thankful he's still alive but I don't think he's up for producing anything. He seems to be hanging in there. God bless him. FM was lucky to have him.
He just finished up producing an album by a Canadian songwriter named Kalsey. Working might be better for him instead of doing nothing.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

??? And this?

Old 03-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if LMJS Productions, LLC will now become LMJSC Productions, LLC?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Well I do think Richard would be stupid to not try and stay on the band's good side because he knows he could make a lot of money working with them again. But this is what Ken said in a 2012 interview:

"Members of the crew still talk to each other. It’s almost like we’re the survivors of the Titanic or something. It’s the weirdest thing. I may sound wacko, but living through something like that and being a part of a thing, you feel like you’re family, and you’re not a family."

"They’re all so self centered and egotistical that they don’t think about anyone. Richard Dashut, the sound engineer, is a miserable guy. He was in an auto accident. He told me that he gave everything away … Grammys, gold records, everything. He said, “You know, for years they cried on my shoulder, and every one of them would talk to me. I was their shrink. Now, Lindsey Buckingham has three kids, and he hasn’t called me once to tell me about them.”

"....Richard said that they’ve pretty much abandoned him. He would work for Lindsey three years straight without getting a check. He just took advantage of him. So, Richard, being a pretty sensitive guy, just sold and gave away every piece of Fleetwood Mac memorabilia he had."

http://smashinginterviews.com/interv...phs-of-rumours

If Richard was at 2 of Lindsey's shows in 2006 then I would think he would have talk directly to Lindsey, so Ken could be referencing an old conversation he had with Richard prior to 2006.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Richard was at 2 of Lindsey's shows in 2006 then I would think he would have talk directly to Lindsey, so Ken could be referencing an old conversation he had with Richard prior to 2006.
Yeah, Lindsey announced them from the stage. Richard and Steve too.

Michele
Old 03-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

from tweets, seems FM might be using these guys for mastering http://aftermasterhd.com/

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-16-2014, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

From www.fleetwoodmacnews.com, FM's setup at The Village.