User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The interesting thing is whoever this Joseph Gould is, he knows Ken Caillat & has spent time with him at the Village Recorder. So I wonder if his insider source is Ken?

I also wonder if this means Ken might be involved in the Mac again? Signs point to no since Ken is traveling around the country this month promoting his book. But it sure would make a lot of Mac fans happy if he were to be a part of this process.
Going back through the blog posts it seems Ken Caillat was at the Village a month ago. It sounds like he was there checking out new talent...
Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After some searching I found this guy's facebook https://www.facebook.com/Joseph.D.Gould if anyone wants to stalk him...
There's a picture of him in front of a studio and he follows "Shaena Stabler"https://www.facebook.com/ShaenaStablerMusic?ref=profile who was in the studio with Ken at the Village yesterday...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 03-14-2014 at 12:03 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Gould knows Richard Dashut too.

Michele
Seems he lives in Australia...Can anyone get their picture taken in front of the Village?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
After some searching I found this guy's facebook https://www.facebook.com/Joseph.D.Gould if anyone wants to stalk him... There's a picture of him in front of a studio and he follows "Shaena Stabler"https://www.facebook.com/ShaenaStablerMusic?ref=profile who was in the studio with Ken at the Village yesterday...
Do you think it would be odd for Ken or make him feel a little uneasy to run into FM in the studio hallway and know that once again they did not desire his services?
Old 03-13-2014, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Do you think it would be odd for Ken or make him feel a little uneasy to run into FM in the studio hallway and know that once again they did not desire his services?
I hope they're filming...A run in with Ken would make great bonus footage...
Old 03-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The entertainment industry is pretty brutal, and all of these folks have been in it for over 4 decades. I'd have to imagine they're pretty hardened to this type of stuff by now.

Who knows, maybe Ken's presence at the Village Recorder isn't a coincidence & his "scouting new talent" is just a ruse. After all, this whole operation has been pretty cloak & dagger. Christine has mentioned her newest material is classic '70s Mac sounding... so who better to produce that than Ken? Christine's return would seem like a good reason for a reunion with him, too.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The entertainment industry is pretty brutal, and all of these folks have been in it for over 4 decades. I'd have to imagine they're pretty hardened to this type of stuff by now.

Who knows, maybe Ken's presence at the Village Recorder isn't a coincidence & his "scouting new talent" is just a ruse. After all, this whole operation has been pretty cloak & dagger. Christine has mentioned her newest material is classic '70s Mac sounding... so who better to produce that than Ken? Christine's return would seem like a good reason for a reunion with him, too.
According to Shaena Stabler's Face book https://www.facebook.com/ShaenaStablerMusic?ref=profile she has been working with Ken at the Village since January on what seems to be her debut album...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 03-14-2014 at 08:58 AM..
Old 03-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
According to Shaena Stabler's Face book https://www.facebook.com/ShaenaStablerMusic?ref=profile she has been working with Ken at the Village since January on what seems to be her debut album...
I wonder how a new artist could afford all that studio time at an expensive recording facility?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
comment on Nickslive blog:

"Joseph Gould said...
I have just been told first-hand by an insider that Fleetwood Mac (all five members) were RECORDING at The Village today. Here are my friend's words:
"You wouldn't believe it...but Fleetwood Mac was at The Village recording today, just down the hall/stairs from us!"

Exciting things lie ahead.."
I can't breathe!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Gould knows Richard Dashut too.

Michele
I would love to see them work with Richard and Ken again too. Is Richard up to it though?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I would love to see them work with Richard and Ken again too. Is Richard up to it though?
I don't think so.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I can see them working with him again, before Ken. Michele
Old 03-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder how a new artist could afford all that studio time at an expensive recording facility?
I was wondering the same thing. I guess her record company is fronting the bill?

Quote:
I can see them working with him again, before Ken. Michele
Do you feel this way because Richard stayed closer with Lindsey & the band longer? Or because the band was apparently turned off by Ken writing his book?
Old 03-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do you feel this way because Richard stayed closer with Lindsey & the band longer? Or because the band was apparently turned off by Ken writing his book?
Although you've discussed what you admired in Colbie's album, I don't think that FM had the same qualms with the sound and engineering quality of their most recent recordings. They should have had those concerns, maybe, but I don't think they do.

I think they see themselves needing more production help when it comes to the creative and arrangement parts of recording and I think that if they pull someone in from the outside to either work on Stevie's songs or to work with Lindsey on all of the songs, it would be someone whose skills, input and ideas are more creative than technical.

Michele
Old 03-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it would be someone whose skills, input and ideas are more creative than technical.
or both.

plus, sounded awfully like Ken worked hard on burning his bridges when promoting his book, if he even had anything to burn at that point. of course, adults can mend the bridges and have strictly business relationships. FM people don't seem like that kind of adults.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"