The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do You Want To See The Eagles Tour With Fleetwood Mac?
Yes 41 28.47%
No 103 71.53%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Another great idea would be for Fleetwood Mac to perform with Alicia Keyes & Jay-Z. They should segue "Empire State" into that "New York" song she does -- make it one big exciting medley suitable for the video music awards.

That's a good idea and Stevie can have her Illume in there too. I'd love to hear Jay-Z rapping about Point Dune.

Alicia might just be the piano they've been looking for since Christine left.

Michele
Old 12-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really donīt care about Eagles at all, but I think It would be interesting to have something new, tour like this. I read on wikipedia that, that tour will be in USA and Europe next year. And this year were Eagles touring too - and they were in Prague in June!!! And Fleetwood Mac not !!! Maybe together, they will be here .

I finally found this year whatīs best on this music - live concert!! Untill Berlin concert of Fleetwood Mac, whera I was, I wanted new stuff, new studio albums and many new songs... but now? I donīt care about new albums !! I want to have chance to see that super show live on my eyes a lot more than only once!!!!! Listening songs at home in my room is nothing compare to live concert! And with Eagles or without them... who cares . Itīs possibility to see Fleetwood Mac live in 2010 again. If they will not tour together, Fleetwood Mac will not probably tour alone next year. So I voted YES !!!!!!

Iīm not one of you, who saw Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks live many times during all these years.... I saw it once, and thatīs not enough!

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For casual rock fans this is an ideal double-bill. For die hard Fleetwood Mac and Eagles fans this is a financial nightmare.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
For casual rock fans this is an ideal double-bill. For die hard Fleetwood Mac and Eagles fans this is a financial nightmare.
Yep. Stadium tours- regardless of the artist(s) involved- are never about the diehard fans. Its all about selling as many tickets to casual fans & making as much money as possible while minimizing the workload (why play multiple nights at an arena when you can only work one night at a stadium? who cares if its hot/rainy outside & the fans can't see/hear the show!)
Old 12-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd rather them spend their time on working on a new album, much the way they have been talking about - starting one from the ground up and with an independent producer. Unlike Say You Will where they basically combined solo songs of SN and LB and slapped a Fleetwood Mac name tag on it.

I would like to see the Eagles eventually, but don't want them messing with our Mac time. And I don't want to pay $300 for the nosebleeds of some baseball stadium! NO THANKS!
Old 12-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted no.

But, it really depends on the alternatives. Would I go see the Eagles and FM? Sure, but obviously we'd all rather see a hundred things instead. Solo album and tour most of all. Buckingham Nicks, etc., etc...

But, if the alternative is retirement, then yes - obviously.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know if this is confirmed yet? I have been waiting to find out.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
Does anyone know if this is confirmed yet? I have been waiting to find out.
No, not confirmed yet.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
No, not confirmed yet.
But when it is, we will get mad and complain all over again. From scratch. Now, if they combined this rumor about the Eagles with the rumors about Sheryl Crow, I would simply lose hair in patches.

Michele
Old 12-27-2009, 02:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Don Henley's ego is nothing compared to Glenn Frey's ego. Remember, Glenn calls the shots in the Eagles, not Henley.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
No.

A). Good seats be impossible to get and expensive. Not to mention we have to battle a whole other fan base.
B). Don Henley's ego. Didn't they even put up fences and barricades? Please.
C). The set list will be the unleashed set minus all the fun tracks (IKINW, SYLM, Storms, Sara ect) and they will add Leather and Lace, plus Stevie singing on Hotel California.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:00 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
Don Henley's ego is nothing compared to Glenn Frey's ego. Remember, Glenn calls the shots in the Eagles, not Henley.
Classic Napoleon complex.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I finally feel compelled to give my answer to this thread.
No.
Each band is good in its own right. I like each band for different reasons. (But I certainly like FM more. )
However, I'd probably handle Fleetwood Mac with Roxy Music or Bryan Ferry solo, because I like them for rather similar reasons. (FM edges out Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music as my favourite band, but RM did my favourite album, "Avalon"... I think I'll listen to it now, in fact. )

(More than this... you know there's nooothing... more than this... tell me ooone thing... more than this... oooh there is nooothing...)
(Stop singing out loud, Jordan!)
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 12-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Registered

Default Only if they sing each others songs and not their own!

I think the idea sucks.
Only would like it if somehow a 'Two Voices' theme could be expanded upon
(Stevie's brief 'Two Voices' tour w Don Henley, for those who missed it, was the best tour she has done since The Enchanted Tour, 1998.) It was beyond words to hear Stevie sing 'Hotel California' and have her excel so stunningly in her performance of it, ditto 'New York Minute' and even 'Last Worthless Evening'....The audience reaction to her lead vocals on HC (check youtube) I think were not only because she sounded spectacular, which she did, but because for a rare treat Stevie was singing a great song she has not sung to death a zillion times!
So, if the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac tour, I want to hear Stevie on lead on 'Take It To The Limit', 'Lyin Eyes', 'Heartache Tonight', 'Those Shoes', 'HC', 'Desperado' and 'Already Gone' --Lindsey can have 'Take It Easy', "Best of My Love" (just because I bet he hates the song so it can be a character-building thing), and 'Witchy Woman' and whatever other Eagles songs there are.... The Eagles can do Mac's songs, with Joe Walsh and Don Henley doing a 'Tusk' dance at the end of the song, Joe can sing lead (does he still sing lead?) on Dreams, and Don must change shawls and do a high kick on the false-ending of 'Stand Back'.
I actually hope for the first ever proper Stevie Nicks solo tour, soon. She MUST be told that not ONE Fleetwood Mac song may be performed doing her future solo concerts, or legal action will be taken against her by concert promoters and the other members of Fleetwood Mac. Stevie would then perform songs from each and every of her solo albums with at least two brand new songs and she may keep her set to 15 songs, with an intermission, if she needs one. But no more friggin 'Dreams', 'Landslide', 'GDW', 'Rhiannon' or any of the Mac songs she does on every solo tour and every Fleetwood Mac tour. So, go re-learn 'Wild Heart', 'Nothing Ever Changes', 'I Can't Wait', 'Long Way To Go', 'Doing The Best That I Can', 'Listen To The Rain', 'Candlebright', 'Fall From Grace' and do a full 'Sleeping Angel,' two new songs, and the rest can be 'Stand Back' and 'Edge' and whatever other solo staples she wants and needs.
Would I buy a ticket to Stevie and her many exes in Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles Ultimate Dinosour Tour? Sure!

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-27-2009 at 10:57 AM..
Old 12-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Guys, I can understand the reluctance of hardcores to relinquish any of their favorite band's set to that of another, but I think this is a great opportunity for something special and different. Who'd have thought all those egos would fit on one stage together?

But egos are not what they once were. While it is true that Don Henley is infamous for his high opinion of himself and one doesn't get that kind of a reputation without earning it, he was able to swallow his pride and share the spotlight with Stevie Nicks on the Two Voices tour. I think this gives us reason to hope that he is better than he used to be. Yes, he tends to call out people from the stage for standing at what he deems to be inappropriate times (as he did in Chicago last year when some people stood during the acoustic set - his words to the people standing were "If we're sitting, you can sit too"), but perhaps he will ease up a bit in a stadium setting.

Likewise, Glenn Frey may at one time have been egocentric, but today he comes off as very down-to-earth and is always quick to lavish praise upon Henley, Walsh, and Schmit while downplaying his own role in the band. I believe in a relatively recent issue of Rolling Stone he stated that "Without Henley, the Eagles would be Air Supply." I admire his oft-demonstrated humility.

Lindsey may at one time have expressed disdain for the Eagles, but I think now he's ready to step down from that high horse and give them their professional due. As far as Stevie goes, her ego never got in the way of Eagle relations.

In other words, if this comes together, it will be quite an event and one which I am eager to see take place.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-27-2009 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: better transitioning and detail
Old 12-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No to the tour.........unless Cyrus is involved.