Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:34 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Jeremy Spencer India Tour 2007

Jeremy Spencer and his Norwegian band (Trond Ytterboe Band) will have a 10 days tour in India next week.

13th feb at ITC Sheraton Parel Hotel. Mumbai (Backyard stage / 300 tickets)
14th feb at Tata Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point. Mumbai (1000 tickets)

16th feb at some Ballroom in a 5star hotel. Bangalore (south in India) 200 tickets
17th feb at some outdoor stage in an old palace. Bangalore.

Best regrads
Bluecity
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4671.jpg (50.3 KB, 34 views)
Old 02-06-2007, 06:53 AM
Ledgie

Yes...this is true, I just got word today from his manager. The shows in Mumbai have the proceeds going to a Charatable Organization for the Blind. (not sure of the exact name of the organization) We'll be going to the Sheraton show on the 13th, and we are really looking forward to it
Old 02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great news for you, robm! Hope you can give us a review of the show.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Ledgie

Default Met with Jeremy his wife and manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Great news for you, robm! Hope you can give us a review of the show.
Well the show is tomorrow night..it will be outdoors on the Garden Terrace, which is up a level from the ground floor. It will be a small audience (300 people).

My wife (Christine) and myself were very fortunate and we met with Jeremy, his wife Dorothy, and his manager Morten, for almost an hour at the Sheraton yesterday. We had a drink and some casual conversations. Nothing groundbreaking was discussed. We talked a bit about the "Fake Jeremy" for a bit, about Jeremy's website...www.jeremyspencer.com of course his wonderful new album "Precious Little", how he really likes the feeling he has from the band members he plays with from Norway. We chatted about the traffic in Mumbai, some of our experiences here in Mumbai (my wife and I have been here a year), about his band, he likes the new drummer they are using for this India tour, Jeremy talked a bit about the recording of the new album, and a little bit about when he recorded "Flee" (He has many interesting stories to tell), where Jeremy was from, and a bit about ourselves. Jeremy also talked a little bit about Danny Kirwin, and Bob Brunning. I did not see the need to bring up Peter Green. It was a really enjoyable experience. Everything was discussed in a positive light. Jeremy and his wife are a very nice couple, and Morten, who is with Bluestown records is a very cool dude. Jeremy has a great sense of humor, and is a cool down to earth guy, as well as a well respected singer/songwriter/musician...what a treat to be able to sit down, have a drink, and have some delightful conversation.We took some pictures, I'm going to forward them to Morten before I post any here.

I will continue after we see the show on the 13th.

Last edited by robm; 02-12-2007 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 02-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Way to go, robm What a great experience to be able to sit down and chat with Jeremy! Thanks for the post, and looking forward to hearing about the show.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting! Very interesting. What did Jeremy have to say about Danny and Bob Brunning?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
Thanks for posting! Very interesting. What did Jeremy have to say about Danny and Bob Brunning?
Is he still somehow in contact with DannY? If so, any news about Danny's state of mind?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Ledgie

Default Feb. 13th Sheraton Garden Terrace Show

When talking about Danny it was in regard to us talking about "feeling" while doing guitar takes on some of the Fleetwood Mac albums (none in particular), Danny was a great player, he could hear something, and after a few takes make it sound true with "feel"...then maybe overdo it a bit...nothing about any recent contact with Danny.
We were discussing the "fake" Jeremy Spencer, and it was mentioned that the fake had played with Bob Brunning...funny Bob was also fooled...or was he?

Last nights show was terriffic. It lasted about 90 minutes...from 8:30 till 10PM. The local laws here are strict about the ending time. It was for a benefit for the blind. Cocktails started at about 7:15PM, it was a small outdoor venue, 300 seats were set up. About half the people sat, the rest stood and continued to eat and drink, with a little bit of dancing.

Jeremy sounded very good, and played well. The band is very good (IMO), and tight yet flexible. Jeremy began changing the setlist around about halfway thru the set. He played a variety of stuff, some old blues from the "Mac" era, about half of his new album (cd), and other covers. No encores as the 10PM end time was strictly enforced. I thought it was a really solid performance, with plenty spontaneity. His hand-made guitar "Mona" sounded great. He calls it Mona as the varnish had lots of little drying cracks...like the Mona Lisa...and he ad-libbed a bit during some of the songs about "Mona".

Right after the show, as the equipment was being broken down, Jeremy came back out to sign autographs, and we got some more pics. (I'll download some after I have dowloaded them on my computer in the next few days). He was in a great mood, and had a wonderful sense of humor. All in all he is an excellent performer, and a great time was had by all.

Last edited by robm; 02-13-2007 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 02-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

Thanks very much for that!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the report on the concert, robm! Sounds like you had a great time, and sounds like Jeremy really enjoyed himself too. Seems like he's a natural crowd-pleaser.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:23 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
^^

Thanks very much for that!
You're welcome...
Old 02-15-2007, 03:27 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Thanks for the report on the concert, robm! Sounds like you had a great time, and sounds like Jeremy really enjoyed himself too. Seems like he's a natural crowd-pleaser.
You're welcome also...Jeremy can certainly please a crowd, and he can still sing and play. I should also mention that the Trond Ytterboe Band he played with are fine muscians in their own right...Norway must have a pretty lively blues music scene!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:39 AM
Ledgie

Default Pics with Jeremy, etc.

Here are some pics with Jeremy in Mumbai, India!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0061.JPG Me and Jeremy.JPG (52.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0071.JPGJeremy recieving gift.JPG (48.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0072.JPG Jeremy on stage.JPG (40.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0078.JPG Jeremy.JPG (51.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 02-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice pics!
Old 02-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm View Post
Here are some pics with Jeremy in Mumbai, India!
Thanks for sharing...

/zoork