User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I bet that those that now are complaining about not having new material from the band when and if we'll get it will be the firsts to complain about it...
What's the odds of the new album
being better than Rumours?
Old 05-15-2016, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default One more thing...

I've got dibs on the new thread when it's time,

What I don't like about the new album.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
What's the odds of the new album
being better than Rumours?
you know after all these many decades that past , it would make some people and the record company very happy if they made Rumours 2
Old 05-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I bet that those that now are complaining about not having new material from the band when and if we'll get it will be the firsts to complain about it, like how their creative streaks from the youth has long gone, they don't have the same energy anymore and all the other cliché.

I won't be complaining, that's for sure. I welcomed Say You Will; I mooned over In the Meantime; I've followed every solo album, and respected the effort of the EP, even if I didn't think Stevie's contributions were substantial.

I don't judge this band on a standard that is 40 years old. They're older now, they're making different music. My main priority is new music. I want new music. Did I mention I wanted new music? I will relish it, if for no other reason than it celebrates continued creativity. But if In the Meantime is anything to go on, I know Christine's contributions alone will be worth the price of admission.

If the damn thing ever gets released. Yes, I'm back to complaining about the band not issuing new music.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I bet that those that now are complaining about not having new material from the band when and if we'll get it will be the firsts to complain about it, like how their creative streaks from the youth has long gone, they don't have the same energy anymore and all the other cliché.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I won't be complaining, that's for sure. I welcomed Say You Will; I mooned over In the Meantime; I've followed every solo album, and respected the effort of the EP, even if I didn't think Stevie's contributions were substantial.

I don't judge this band on a standard that is 40 years old. They're older now, they're making different music. My main priority is new music. I want new music. Did I mention I wanted new music? I will relish it, if for no other reason than it celebrates continued creativity. But if In the Meantime is anything to go on, I know Christine's contributions alone will be worth the price of admission.
exactly. and we have no reason to gripe about LB's creative streak being long gone either - he has been extremely creative and prolific in the last 15 years - his SYW songs are superb, and then string of Under the Skin - Gift of Screws - Seeds We Sow - EP songs plus all the new songs he wrote since 2012 that we haven't had a chance to hear.......... there's plenty of evidence there's no worries about LB's creative streak.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-16-2016, 03:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been thinking a little bit lately about how long this band have been talking about a new album. It has been going on for about four years, since late 2012, when the 2013 tour was announced. Lindsey started talking then about how he had been in the studio with Mick and John and recorded eight new songs in Stevie's key. Then at least she had a valid reason for her non-participation: she was still mourning her mother's passing.

We have heard so much grade A bullplop (to quote Homer Simpson) about this mooted new album it's not funny. These are the quotes as I remember them:

LB: "It's a matter of when, not if this new material will be released. It's too profound not to be released."
CM: "I'm having a rough guess here and I'm going to be hung, drawn and quartered if I'm wrong, but the new album should be out by May 2015, ready for our European tour." Any news if four pieces of Christine McVie have been found somewhere in LA?
MF: "I really want to do a new Fleetwood Mac album. It is my dream that it will be finished by..."
CM: "I think people could do with a new Mac album from the five of us."

Still no new album. I've said this before, but hold your breath with this band and you will suffocate and die.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I still feel there will not be an album.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Agreed...if there was any chance of it they would be working on it now.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Agreed...if there was any chance of it they would be working on it now.
So either they work on your timeline or not at all?
Old 05-16-2016, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
The glass is half full.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I mooned over In the Meantime
Eh? Is this a translation thing? Where I'm from mooning is when you pull your pants down and stick your butt out in the air.

You 'mooned' over In The Meantime? I rather liked it but I'd never get naked over it.

I might moon over a new Fleetwood Mac album though...if it's any good.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
So either they work on your timeline or not at all?
We have 5 people who are either septuagenarians or close to it..Apparently yet another oldies jukebox tour has been scheduled .One of the members had a recent bout with cancer .A founding member of the Eagles with a similar party history has passed from complications from years of substance abuse.He was younger than all but one member of Fleetwood Mac ..you do the math.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We have 5 people who are either septuagenarians or close to it..Apparently yet another oldies jukebox tour has been scheduled .One of the members had a recent bout with cancer .A founding member of the Eagles with a similar party history has passed from complications from years of substance abuse.He was younger than all but one member of Fleetwood Mac ..you do the math.
Yeah the math is they might be going out on tour later next year (nothing book yet, I'm sure). They have most of an album already done. It's ridiculous to say they might be in the studio RIGHT NOW or it's never happening.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Yeah the math is they might be going out on tour later next year (nothing book yet, I'm sure). They have most of an album already done. It's ridiculous to say they might be in the studio RIGHT NOW or it's never happening.
If they were in their thirties or forties it might seem ridiculous..IMHO in their late sixties and early seventies not so much.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If they were in their thirties or forties it might seem ridiculous..IMHO in their late sixties and early seventies not so much.
My point is it could be next month....or 2 months from now. Any time this year really. It doesn't have to be right this second, as much as we'd like it to be.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-16-2016 at 03:15 PM..