Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
YES! That is the article the audio interview is based on. I remember both, but I think I remember in the audio she never mentioned the four abortions, right? So that part appeared to be totally fabricated. The interviewer was clearly a biased hack. BUT...she was a zonked out kook who gave him him all the ammunition he needed to paint her the way he did. Also, in the original article he talked about following her up the bell tower and looking up her dress (anyone remember that?) That part somehow didn't make it into this condensed version of the article. I believe the original article also mentioned the view from the bell tower to "Old Queens Road" or some such thing. I recognized this a couple years later when she did that odd segment for some show about veterans (or something??) where she read the weird poem about her movie star view and Old Queens (or was it Kings?) Road.
I remember this clearly because this was back in the pre-Youtube/internet days when interviews and press were scarce because she really was at the darkest depths of her career. So random press like this was all we had to hang on to. She just seemed so odd, but now we know she was lost in the Klonopin haze!
Yes you are correct. Good memory. I also don't remember the 4 abortions but she does go into detail at her disgust for Don for how he outed her. He put the 4 abortions part in the headline so what the hell?
I seem to remember his comments he added before each segment where he sort of dissed her. Its a sad article but you have to put it in perspetive. It was 1992, she fought her record company about doing a Bon Jovi song and she did it with protest and it still turned out to be a flop. She had a fight with Mick and quit Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac was sort of toast back then too. So from her perspective she could have thought her career was over and it was time to spill the beans. She was heavily tranquilized so she revealed everything......probably too much. However he was a jerk about it because he could have put a positive spin on the article but he chose not to and called her flaky. In her state, he could have been honest too and was reporting what he saw. This was one year before she crashed into the fireplace Her marriage to Kim parts were incredibly crazy.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-16-2022 at 12:45 PM..
Old 02-16-2022, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes you are correct. Good memory. I also don't remember the 4 abortions but she does go into detail at her disgust for Don for how he outed her. He put the 4 abortions part in the headline so what the hell?
I seem to remember his comments he added before each segment where he sort of dissed her. Its a sad article but you have to put it in perspetive. It was 1992, she fought her record company about doing a Bon Jovi song and she did it with protest and it still turned out to be a flop. She had a fight with Mick and quit Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac was sort of toast back then too. So from her perspective she could have thought her career was over and it was time to spill the beans. She was heavily tranquilized so she revealed everything......probably too much. However he was a jerk about it because he could have put a positive spin on the article but he chose not to and called her flaky. In her state, he could have been honest too and was reporting what he saw. This was one year before she crashed into the fireplace Her marriage to Kim parts were incredibly crazy.
$he shouldn't hide from the truth. So what if $he has a charge account at PP.

Don was probably sick of her.

Are you saying $he's not flaky? What IS her longest lasting relationship??? I really don't know the math on this one.
Old 02-16-2022, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Holy Storks and ponchos, Batman, that was a fun article to read. Never knew about the tapes being sold in the suitcase.

At times, she's as mad and revisionist as she's ever been, but I did enjoy much of this.

And I agree: when I first watched Purple Rain, Prince's slap jarred me.
Old 02-16-2022, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Holy Storks and ponchos, Batman, that was a fun article to read. Never knew about the tapes being sold in the suitcase.

At times, she's as mad and revisionist as she's ever been, but I did enjoy much of this.

And I agree: when I first watched Purple Rain, Prince's slap jarred me.
I don't think she means to be revisionist. I think there was memory loss/capability caused from the drug abuse.

The Katy Perry rival talk wasn't about Taylor, it was Gaga.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If my memory serves me right, Stevie was in Australia when Tom Petty died. She had already flown there a full month before her first show. I do recall her telling some interviewer back then that Tom would have wanted her to not cancel her tour. In this article she claims she watched the red light of the ambulance from her window in California, that Tom rode in to the hospital. And then how she found out it was him in that ambulance the next day when she went to the hospital.

Another thing I found odd in the article was how she told Katy Perry she had no rivals. Back in the late 1970's, Stevie took many digs at Pat Benatar in the press.
Old 02-16-2022, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
If my memory serves me right, Stevie was in Australia when Tom Petty died. She had already flown there a full month before her first show. I do recall her telling some interviewer back then that Tom would have wanted her to not cancel her tour. In this article she claims she watched the red light of the ambulance from her window in California, that Tom rode in to the hospital. And then how she found out it was him in that ambulance the next day when she went to the hospital.
She was in Los Angeles. Her Australia tour didn’t start until November 2, a month after Tom died.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-16-2022, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In this article she claims she watched the red light of the ambulance from her window in California, that Tom rode in to the hospital. And then how she found out it was him in that ambulance the next day when she went to the hospital.
My god, she's certifiably crazy. What a delusional drama queen.
Old 02-17-2022, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
My god, she's certifiably crazy. What a delusional drama queen.
You missed the last part of the interview where she claims the ambulance passed N. Orange Avenue and Fairfax.
Old 02-17-2022, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She was in Los Angeles. Her Australia tour didn’t start until November 2, a month after Tom died.
I told you she had flown to Aus. a full month before the tour began Down Under.
Old 02-17-2022, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She was at her home in Santa Monica, where she has spent the pandemic keeping nocturnal hours and working on a TV series based on the Welsh myth of Rhiannon. When she apologized for asking to speak at 10:30 p.m.
I love how this was tossed into the beginning of the interview. Just exactly how is Stevie working on this mini series? Is she writing the script, or producing the project or scouring Hollywood for the right actors? If she were actually involved in any real way she'd be screaming it from the rooftops for the past two years. If this project ever happens at all the only thing she'll have worked on is sending the copyright music to the film score.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the part about seeing Tom's ambulance wasn't about being there when it ACTUALLY happened.

It's about her getting 'signs' from people who have passed on. So she talks about how her mother makes her presence known 'from the other side' by shining a ray of light through a particular crystal in a chandelier. Or by magically helping her suddenly find something she's lost in her house. She was saying she got a sign from Tom in the form of a red light that she watched one night coming down from somewhere around Malibu, where he collapsed in his studio, and she saw this light move from the area of his house down to the city and stopped in the general area of the hospital. And she realized later that the route the red light took would have been the route Tom's ambulance would have taken from his house to the hospital and so that was her 'sign' from him. The weirdest part is she said she went to the hospital the next day after watching the light-- did she just walk in and go, Hi I want to know if this is where Tom Petty was brought when he died?? Or does she just mean she drove (ok, got Karen to drive her) to where she thought she saw the light end, and realized oh it's by this hospital??

Not to knock anyone's spiritual beliefs, but the thing with looking for 'signs' is you can turn anything into one if you really want to.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love how this was tossed into the beginning of the interview. Just exactly how is Stevie working on this mini series? Is she writing the script, or producing the project or scouring Hollywood for the right actors? If she were actually involved in any real way she'd be screaming it from the rooftops for the past two years. If this project ever happens at all the only thing she'll have worked on is sending the copyright music to the film score.
yep. how.many.times. have we heard about this project being made, and made into 1) a movie 2) a ballet and now 3) a tv show. I mean she could well have been talking to American Horror Story guy or whatever show it was she was on about it, but come on, WTF has anyone been doing during covid?? Like, two years of NOTHING and where you could have had all that time you supposedly crave to be able to focus on it, and still NOTHING? Oy.
Old 02-17-2022, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yep. how.many.times. have we heard about this project being made, and made into 1) a movie 2) a ballet and now 3) a tv show. I mean she could well have been talking to American Horror Story guy or whatever show it was she was on about it, but come on, WTF has anyone been doing during covid?? Like, two years of NOTHING and where you could have had all that time you supposedly crave to be able to focus on it, and still NOTHING? Oy.
I've got a People magazine article where she was talking about it.......in the 70's!!!!! She's approaching a HALF A CENTURY of talking about it.
Old 02-17-2022, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

jfc why did I waste my time reading that? 2+ years isolated at home and she still has nothing new to say.
Old 02-17-2022, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also for somebody who claims to be a giant Stevie fan - their pre-interview research really sucks. Clearly, she's barely read anything. All of this has been discussed ad nauseam for years.

This is the kind of stuff that is most important to Stevie right now. A person from a younger generation falling all over her in an interview that primarily focuses on the persona of Stevie Nicks.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-17-2022 at 03:11 PM..