The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2002, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's voice has DRAMATICALLY changed I think, as well as Stevie's of course. It's definitely a lot lower as he strains to hit ISA notes in The Dance, which for me makes the song so much better. But the reason I'm responding is because I can remember when I first bought the Twister soundtrack and was driving away from the mall. I put it in and was coming to a place to yield right before Lindsey started singing. When he started singing, all I kept thinking was, is THAT Lindsey? It sounds nothing like him. Little did I realize that I had NOT yielded into the next lane but was driving on the shoulder of the road. It's a good thing I got my attention back because that shoulder doesn't last for long...
Old 01-06-2003, 12:01 PM

I'm not sure Lindsey's voice has changed dramatically. A bit, yes, as everyone's voice is bound to. What happens now is he sings in a greater variety of registers, pushing his range a lot more than he did in the early days. It's all good.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I definitely think that LB's voice was at its peak during the OOTC tour...he could still (just about) access those highs of the 70s, but could also hit the lows of "The Dance". He must have either gone through some very good vocal training, or else his voice naturally was at its best during that time. I am HIGHLY envious of anyone who saw him live during that period...it must have been a complete joy to watch and hear.

Old 01-08-2003, 09:28 PM
Ledgie

Unhappy

Even though they still sound good together, they have lost the wonderful harmony they had in the early days.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:23 AM
Ledgie

I am thrilled with the Fleetwood Mac version of Thrown Down. It starts off with a soothing beat. I love the way Stevie tells a story and brings one in. Her stories always ring with truth. Like a barricade removed, the song talks about the possibility of love between the couple. Who wants to dedicate their pain...
The song's healing sense is joyful. I could see Stevie deliver its lines in the way she sang Silver Springs. I think we're going to be in for a treat when the two are on stage singing to each other. LB and SN are amazing indenpendently but together, it's outrageous. I love Christine too but this is an amazing experiment, one that will be memorable. I heard some people didn't like this song. I think all of the best songs work when powerful lyrics are a component. I find Thrown Down to have new life in the studio version. I understand it in a way that I didn't understand the Stevie demo.
Old 01-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, this is going to sound corny on my part.....but, I haven't been around here in a while.....I am SO out of the loop.....how can I hear the Mac's version of this song? Where can I find it. I have Stevie's demo, and I would love to hear how this sounds now, since it's been Mactified!! Is it in another thread? I've missed something......
Ok, a lot!!!!

Thanks!
Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down