Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Boots of shows you've attended: to listen or not to listen?

Since the shows I attended in Dublin, some generous Ledgies have been posting video clips of certain songs ... and I can't decide whether I want to see them or not.

My memories of some parts of the show are crystal clear and others are a little fuzzier, and I'm finding myself questioning whether or not I remember little bits of it as they really happened, or how I imagined they would happen (of course Lindsey sang "I'd give you my world" directly to me ).

The mind and the memory play tricks on us, filling in the blanks and making stuff up when we can't remember exactly how something happened. I'm wondering that, if I watch the videos of the Dublin gigs, will I remember the videos and forget what I actually experienced? Or will seeing them actually enhance my memories and make them more vivid and more alive for me? Likewise, if a full audio recording surfaces, will I be better or worse off if I listen to it?

Okay, this is getting a little existential. What do you guys think? Do you watch / listen to boots of shows you've been at?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, from my experience, I love viewing the videos and listening to shows I went to. It is like "cool, I was there" kind of experience.

I still watch my clip of GDW from the DC show on March 10 and remember being totally blown away by the GDW wail and to relive it is fantastic.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there's a boot of the Lindsey show I went to last year, but I haven't heard it. I did watch the sole clip on youtube and was embarrassed by our lack of enthusiasm during Tusk.

In the case of video boots, I think it's cool to see the show from another perspective. It has never erased my memory, lol. As far as listening goes, same thing, minus the perspective. It's just nice to have it to replay, and actually sometimes it JOGS my memory of some of the things said in between songs. I don't think anyone walks away from a concert remembering everything. I'll blurt out a detail or quote that I just remembered days later because something has reminded me.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want to have them in my possession, certainly. However, I find I am less interested in watching the shows I was at than in seeing video from shows I didn't get to see in person. As for audio, I'm not really into that as much either way. I'll download it, but it takes months or years to get around to listening to it.

Michele
Old 10-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As for audio, I'm not really into that as much either way. I'll download it, but it takes months or years to get around to listening to it.

Michele
Me too! Often after I DL something I will thank the poster and then never listen to the audio. Just last night I started to listen to music that's been on my hard drive for a year, for the first time.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sahara I think you should watch all the videos of the show you went to. Wouldn't be cool if you spotted youself in front of Lindsey? Then you could see what you look like from behind, from another person's perspective.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Sahara I think you should watch all the videos of the show you went to. Wouldn't be cool if you spotted youself in front of Lindsey? Then you could see what you look like from behind, from another person's perspective.
*collapses into giggling mess*

I'm sure I looked like an absolute loon...
I think you've convinced me, though. I'll probably watch them this week, when the high is starting to wear off, to get it back!

Last edited by Sahara; 10-30-2009 at 06:59 AM..
Old 10-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Ledgie

Yeah.. I've watched videos of the show definitely..

I'm not gonna lie, I watched them on my phone on the train back!

One thing I am kinda disappointed in myself with, even though God knows it couldn't be helped with the amount of shows they already did before they reached Dublin, is not hanging on to hear the setlist for the first time on the night... I practically knew exactly what was coming up song after song and at the show I remember looking around at people whenever Storms or I Know I'm Not Wrong started up and they had that lovely.."Omg AWESOME!" face on.. completely surprised!

Don't get me wrong, it was the most unbelievable Fleetwood Mac experience and the best I could have asked for.. Just the element of surprise wudda been nice aswel.

"If you see somebody running down the street naked every single day, you stop looking up."- Stephanie Lynn Nicks
Old 10-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't tell you how many times I've watched the clips from the Stockholm, Sweden show, lol...so yeah, I have watched the videos from the show I went to löike 1000000 of times, haha....and will probably never stop watching that clip of GYOW when Stevie is holding my hand for 3 seconds, lol

Old 10-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
I can't tell you how many times I've watched the clips from the Stockholm, Sweden show, will probably never stop watching that clip of GYOW when Stevie is holding my hand for 3 seconds, lol
Have you washed your hands today?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm totally for it! I only have one show that I've been to, but totally think it's awesome, and I smile every time I listen to it!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

I watched the youtube clips from the Oberhausen show where I was and it was great to realize that I'VE BEEN THERE. I've watched so many shows from when I was not even born so it was a whole other kind of experience. It brought the feeling back that I had at the show especially Go your own way. I couldn't help singing (or better shouting) along and going crazy again