The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Fleetwood Mac release a new album by the end of 2010?
Yes 24 27.91%
No 62 72.09%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What's this 18 thing? who's 18? and why are playing tennis? "blah blah blah I'm a fan for years, blah blah blah that makes my point more valid than yours.... i'll stop there, as everyone else has said, i would be more than pleased to be proven wrong. If respect comes from seeing the band a heap of times i'm not going to sit here and list my dedication to this band to someone i will never meet, yet let alone care about. I'm out this bitch! peace
Old 10-22-2009, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
Hey Dani..

Though I do see a few valid points, I'm totally being "bullied" as it's very clear, and it's fine, as I just laugh and go on.. It will never change "facts" which have been stated to me by MY inside sources! Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and every group, be it in the business for 2 years- to 50 years needs organization and stategizing.. I'm not disagreeing with that at ALL..What I'm disagreeing with, is the negative idea that is being tossed around about how Fleetwood Mac is on their last legs and performing their "farewell tour".. They are FAR from that status..
Yeah, but you're bullying people right back saying they shouldn't post here if they don't have flowery, happy things to say all the time. I'd consider getting off the 'everybody is attacking me if they don't agree with me' thought train too... that's simply not the case.

And see? We actually do agree on something. I don't think at all that Fleetwood Mac is on it's last legs, and I don't think this is their farewell tour either. Why? Because they're gonna milk the HELL outta that **** when the time comes . We'll have a strong indication when we're getting our last album, and most certainly will know when we're getting a farewell tour (though I suspect, we'll get a couple of these). I also have to believe the band will never really be over. I bet you anything they'll still do a concert here, or a TV show there when they're well into their 70s, maybe even 80s. BB King is in his mid 80s and is still touring like he was in his 20s! I do however believe that the Mac's creative engine is winding down. Unless Stevie and Lindsey have an epiphany during the recording of their next album, and REALLY enjoy themselves... I firmly believe the next new album we get will be our last. But again, I'd loooove to be proven otherwise!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Arlene sweetheart, I like you, but I feel you're off base just a bit here. There's no need to overreact to Luke or anyone else here. I honestly dont feel he's a downer, and this isnt because he's my bff or anything like that. I like what he brings to this board and I don't feel there's any maliciousness in his posts. I'm not trying to take sides here, but I just dont want some flame war to start quite honestly because I like both of you, that's all.
You're very sweet Dav.. I'm truly not at all off base, as I stand firm on what I know and believe! He's entitled to his opinion, just as everyone is, and so am I! I'm not over reacting at all.. Just tired of seing the same actions out of people, over and over again, as it truly gets old after awhile.. How about we all just agree to disagree and move forward! As I've told them, we can all go back and forth all night long with this, but it's not getting anyone anywhere.. We all stand firm in our own beliefs! And I love you too..

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 10-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ok.. well that's great that you like to be proven wrong.. as you will be. I'm not about to "divulge" a thing.. as I don't need to. All I will say at this time, is it was stated to me by someone in their camp- and again, we can play tennis all night long... but you won't win hun.. You can trust me on this one!
Once yet again, where are your "facts" to support your claim of a new album in 12 months? They've been conveniently left out again. Without any evidence, your claims aren't valid. I've just served and the ball is in your court!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're very sweet Dav.. I'm truly not at all off base, as I stand firm on what I know and believe! He's entitled to his opinion, just as everyone is, and so am I! I'm not over reacting at all.. Just tired of seing the same actions out of people, over and over again, as it truly gets old after awhile.. How about we all just agree to disagree and move forward! As I've told them, we can all go back and forth all night long with this, but it's not getting anyone anywhere.. We all stand firm in our own beliefs! And I love you too..
fair enough. Too bad I couldnt have come to that Houston show earlier this year. I wouldve loved to haev met you.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Yeah, but you're bullying people right back saying they shouldn't post here if they don't have flowery, happy things to say all the time. I'd consider getting off the 'everybody is attacking me if they don't agree with me' thought train too... that's simply not the case.

And see? We actually do agree on something. I don't think at all that Fleetwood Mac is on it's last legs, and I don't think this is their farewell tour either. Why? Because they're gonna milk the HELL outta that **** when the time comes . We'll have a strong indication when we're getting our last album, and most certainly will know when we're getting a farewell tour (though I suspect, we'll get a couple of these). I also have to believe the band will never really be over. I bet you anything they'll still do a concert here, or a TV show there when they're well into their 70s, maybe even 80s. BB King is in his mid 80s and is still touring like he was in his 20s! I do however believe that the Mac's creative engine is winding down. Unless Stevie and Lindsey have an epiphany during the recording of their next album, and REALLY enjoy themselves... I firmly believe the next new album we get will be our last. But again, I'd loooove to be proven otherwise!
Again, nice try hun.. but I've never bullied a soul on this board by saying any such thing.. I love it when people post in with their various opinions, as if everyone always posted in with the same opinions life would really be boring! As I recall, you and I had this very same conversation back when Stevie was being "bashed" on this board.. and again, I will say the same thing..and stand firm in my opinion and belief! Also, I'm not on any "everyone is attacking me" train either, as that's not my beliefs either.. I've had numerous PM's tonight from a lot of members here, saying they are also tired of seeing a certain few people "bullying" others.. and I can't agree more! It's the same people that do the bullying..

YAY.. I'm SOOO glad that we agree that this isn't FM's Farewell tour! I totally agree on the second part of your post.. as that's exactly how I feel as well..

Old 10-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
fair enough. Too bad I couldnt have come to that Houston show earlier this year. I wouldve loved to haev met you.
Awwwww.. you're a sweetheart.. as I would have LOVED to have met you too! It's in the talking stages of me trying to come up to NJ next year hopefully.. so maybe we can do a huge meetup then..

Old 10-22-2009, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Awwwww.. you're a sweetheart.. as I would have LOVED to have met you too! It's in the talking stages of me trying to come up to NJ next year hopefully.. so maybe we can do a huge meetup then..
that'd be great. Id definitely make a point to meet you for sure!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Once yet again, where are your "facts" to support your claim of a new album in 12 months? They've been conveniently left out again. Without any evidence, your claims aren't valid. I've just served and the ball is in your court!
Well sweetie.. it's gonna be a tied score, and love all.. LOL - I can't at this time divulge any sort of "facts" but they have been presented to me by a reliable inside source.. and I do wish I could reveal more.. I could care less if claims are valid or invalid.. but they stand as they stand.. Who is to say if things will even go as planned anyway?? No one is God, nor can they predict a problem that needs to have time to be corrected, if need be.. so we'll all just have to take a seat in the limo and wait and see what happens! Agreed?

Old 10-22-2009, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
that'd be great. Id definitely make a point to meet you for sure!
Awwww.. absolutely Dav!

Old 10-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If you're talking about Sara, I don't think that a) its fair for you to put words in her mouth when she is relatively familiar with a few people on the Ledge and sometimes comes here herself and b) I don't consider anyone who isn't an active member of the business aspect of the band a "reliable inside source" on this topic.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
If you're talking about Sara, I don't think that a) its fair for you to put words in her mouth when she is relatively familiar with a few people on the Ledge and sometimes comes here herself and b) I don't consider anyone who isn't an active member of the business aspect of the band a "reliable inside source" on this topic.
No Dani.. I'm not by a long shot talking about Sara.. I can't reveal who my source is, and I won't at this time.. I'll just say this person "IS" very much a part of the business aspect of the band!

Last edited by Steviefan49; 10-22-2009 at 02:20 AM..
Old 10-22-2009, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No Dani.. I'm not by a long shot talking about Sara.. I can't reveal who my source is, and I won't at this time.. I'll just say this person "IS" very much a part of the business aspect of the band!
Okay... fair enough!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Again, I'm just playing "tennis" with you... but even if you do have a bidness contact within the Mac family, how can that person speculate on the timing of a new album dropping? The white album took 3 months to record... but their next album took 4 times that long. Imagine how that must have surprised the execs at Warners! There just isn't any predicting the creative process. Especially when it involves the egos of Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. Not to mention the nature of the current economy... several big name movies and albums these past 2 years have had their release dates pushed back, by up to 6 months or more, so that they'll hopefully earn the most money. There are just too many random variables to be able to say definitively that there will be a new album next year. I'm just not convinced. We've gotta look at this realistically... this band does NOTHING quickly, decisively, or firmly. Stevie will say she's never reuniting with Fleetwood Mac again, then she turns around the next year and does a world tour with them. Mick will tell us we're getting an album in a year, then 6 passes with nothing. The only thing predictable about Fleetwood Mac is the fact they're unreliable!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again, I'm just playing "tennis" with you... but even if you do have a bidness contact within the Mac family, how can that person speculate on the timing of a new album dropping? The white album took 3 months to record... but their next album took 4 times that long. Imagine how that must have surprised the execs at Warners! There just isn't any predicting the creative process. Especially when it involves the egos of Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. Not to mention the nature of the current economy... several big name movies and albums these past 2 years have had their release dates pushed back, by up to 6 months or more, so that they'll hopefully earn the most money. There are just too many random variables to be able to say definitively that there will be a new album next year. I'm just not convinced. We've gotta look at this realistically... this band does NOTHING quickly, decisively, or firmly. Stevie will say she's never reuniting with Fleetwood Mac again, then she turns around the next year and does a world tour with them. Mick will tell us we're getting an album in a year, then 6 passes with nothing. The only thing predictable about Fleetwood Mac is the fact they're unreliable!
Well, that's exactly what I just told you in my last post to you. It was something that was "scheduled" to happen before the end of the year, which means just that..That's what they are "shooting" for.. but as I said, no one is God, nor can anyone predict what the future holds.. And you're exactly right..there isn't any way of predicting that creative process.. No one knows what lies ahead.. so it's all a wait and see game.. You have me laughing at the ego's of Stevie and Lindsey.. That's a whole other can of worms.. LOLOL - And yes.. that's SO typical Stevie.. she's done that several times.. of saying how she'll never tour with the Mac again, and lo and behold.. here's a new album in the works.. Anyway, so leaving it at that note, I guess we'll all just have to wait and see how things go! I'd love for them to have a album out by that date, but as you said, there's a lot of factors. I totally see your point, and agree..

Last edited by Steviefan49; 10-22-2009 at 02:37 AM..