User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Ledgie

Default Listen to this!

A GOOD review from Sweden!!!

1 h from Stockholm is a town called Uppsala, and as I said before, the bad press comes from Stockholm. Uppsala is NOT Stockholm.

It says (short version):

"Can a band who was at it's best 30 years ago still be interesting? Yes.
It is odd to see, that the drama that brought us Rumours, still is present at stage. The songs are often rearranged with nerve and passion.
Stevie Nicks voice is quite sore, but her stage precense is undeniable.
Lindsey Buckingham is a brilliant guitarplayer in Big Love and Landslide, and mayby it's there, in the ballads that Nicks and Buckingham makes the biggest impression.
Who said rock must be dead at 60?"

Thank you SOOOO much Uppsala nya Tidning, for this!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

awesome pics!! thanks
Old 10-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
Thanks for the pics!!!!! I saw you there!!! I also have LOTS of videos and pics and I'll post them soon And the concert was magical, I'm speachless...wow!!!! Where do I start...???....Ok, fist I had 5th row seats, with my dad....then a security guard came to the girls behind me and said "Fleetwood Mac want to have some people who stand in front of the stage the whole concert, do you want to do that?" and they said, yeas, of course and then I asked him if I could to, and he said of course I could, so I ended up right in front of the stage, with my arms and hands holding in the stage and with Stevie right in front of me the whole concert!!!!!!!!!!! Could it be better????? Yes, it could...they started and the concert wnet on Amazing!!! I sand along to EVERY single song and it was sooo great!!!....I'm speachless!!!! Ok, I was standing with my hands reaching for Stevie the whole time and then sometime in the middle of the concert...STEVIE WENT TO ME, SHE SMILED A BIIIG SMILE AND SHE TOOK MY HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He hand was sooo tiny and soft and I couldn't belove it was true, that Stevie Nicks had seen me and took my hand in hers!!! And I, I was chocked!!!! I started to cry and cried the whole time after that moment!!!! Then I was able to play Lindsey's guitar, touch his shoes and his hand and OMG!!!!!! It was NO DOUBT THE BEST DAY IN MY LIFE EVER!!!!!!! Everything happened to me that I never, ever would have thought would have happened!!!! It was all my dreams come true that night...Stevie took my hand she smiled at me several times during the concert...Stevie Nicks...The real Stevie Nicks!!!!! I screamed and cried all the time!!!! Love you Stevie!!! So, now I've read ONLY bad reviews from the concert in swedish newspapers and WTF are they doing when they write like that??????????? Are they sleeping at the concert or what?????????? Fleetwood Mac was THE BEST EVER this conceert and I'l NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER FORGET IT!!!!!!
fabulosity! when she takes your hand, don't you feel you own 'light' showing through??
Old 10-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melack View Post
This is an awesome picture! I'm so jealous.

Lindsay är lika stilig som vanligt och du var en söt tjej
That really is sooooooo amazing! Congrats!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeline View Post
And last but not least, Lindsey and myself!

Great photos! Thanks. Lindsey's hair is now completely gray. I love the fact that he's decided to go the silver fox route.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittermoondust View Post

Am I the only one to notice that Stevie almost had a wardrobe malfunction here???
Sisters of the Boob strikes again.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
Are those the "boks" everyone talks about that Stevie wears every once and a while?
What is Mama wearing on her feet and legs? Is that all one thing?
Old 10-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Excellent, How the hell did you know hotel Lindsey was staying in ?

Did they do Silver Springs ?

Old 10-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yes they did and it was great GrahnNicks wrote here this day......
Old 10-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Ledgie

That is such a great picture of you and Lindsey!!! You took that yourself? Good work. I'm pretty jealous.

Thanks everyone for sharing their pics.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread
a) gets me sooooo excited for you guys
b) makes it hard to be sitting around in California when there's Mac to be heard
Old 10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark View Post
Excellent, How the hell did you know hotel Lindsey was staying in ?
I didn't know for sure, but Grand Hotel is the most famous I think, and it's where the big stars usually stay, or so I've read in the papers. So I took a chance
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 10-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks so much to ALL of you for posting amazing pics, video and stories about the newly touring Mac.

This thread does it all for me, and I'm sure for everyone else. I'm laughing, I'm smiling, I'm jealous, I'm crying- and I totally love it. Congrats to all of you all and it is so good to hear that the Mac is still changing lives, and influencing people for the better. Magical night, magical people- this is what dreams are made of. We are so lucky that we get to see and listen to these guys still after all of these years. Really do hope that they come back with some, either touring, or preferably a new album THEN a tour!!

I love these guys, and they have changed my life almost more than anything else ever has, and I'm glad to see you all having such an amazing time!!!

Thanks for everything Fleetwood Mac!!!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was a tourbook sold at this show?

Photobucket
Old 10-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahnNicks View Post
My day started outside Grand Hotel. We were trying to get to meet Stevie. The whole band passed thru us, but Stevie took the backdoor...
Aww! That figures. But, not surprising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeline View Post
I had an amazing time, especially meeting Lindsey! I waited outside the hotel and he came out in the early afternoon and took time signing autographs for everyone (we were like ten people) and posing for pictures. I was amazed that I actually got us both in the pic, my hand didn't shake and I even managed to look decent, all in one go He was very sweet, gracious and calm.

One funny thing was later on, when they got in their cars to go to the arena, Lindsey came out with his wife and everyone was yelling "Stevie, Stevie!" I even heard some guy say after they left to some other guy "Did you notice how Lindsey went to the other side of the car? That was because Stevie got in on this side." And they were like "Oh really, I didn't recognise her!" Because it wasn't her, I thought... Poor Kristen.
Man, it must really suck for Kristen to be so confused all the time with a woman who is almost twice her age and who she bears little or no resemblance to at all (besides having long, "blonde" hair). How strange that fans wouldn't know she wasn't Stevie, but they recognized Lindsey enough to assume it was Stevie who was with him. (I'm sorry, that's just funny!)