Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Better late than never.....FM Toronto Show Mar. 26

Sorry for the (very) late post.....I really wanted to share this with true Mac fans.

My name is Robin and I had the experience of my ENTIRE LIFE. I did see the Mac on Mar. 17th, for the first of 2 shows in Toronto. Sat in the 2nd row, flirted with Lindsey, got a few smiles from Stevie and made reciprocating crazy faces at Mick. Was very close to being the night of my life....until I managed to get 2 front row seats for their return trip to Toronto, on Mar. 26th.

We were front row, centre. I was lucky enough to present Stevie with a dozen roses. I've loved this band since I was 7 yrs old when Rumours was released so it was VERY meaningful (understatement). I flirted with Lindsey all night... I felt him up - twice! (yes, it was heaven) At one point, I told him I loved him and he smiled, tilted his head, and patted his hand over his heart....I nearly fainted! He is still every bit as sexy as ever. The show itself was super fun, interacting with the band like that....and making faces at Mick, catching Stevie's eye here and there.

My moments with Stevie are priceless and are emotional for me. She sensed it from me, after what I told her, and she gave me two heartfelt squeezes. It was grateful and knowing....I was so flustered that she held her hand out to me, and I didn't reach for it! DUH...So she grabbed hold of the wrist that was holding the flowers......and I was lucky to have friends in the audience capture it on tape for me.

Check out my friend Jeff's account of the evening, including video....it's brilliant;

http://concertaholics.com/

His professional quality pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/concertaholics/

2 different views of Stevie receiving the flowers from me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1qtSHw6FA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbkySnBqbQ

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong spot, but I really just wanted to share this with people who understand what it would mean to a huge fan. Thx.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's terrific that Stevie took your flowers and you actually got pictures of her holding them!

Michele
Old 04-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That was a cool experience... I read Concertaholics review of the night, saw the pics and vid... and the whole situation leading up to it... Sounded like a blast... Really great pics of a fleeting moment.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Zoesmom gives Roses to Stevie....

Last edited by Edgeof27; 04-23-2009 at 02:53 PM..
Old 04-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Ledgie

Omg you are so lucky!! I am glad you got to have that moment, that's awesome!

I think I would have passed out.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great pic!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Junior Ledgie

OMG!!! Thank you SO much Edgeof27!!!!

That is super nice of you to post.....I'm STILL reeling from the show!! I wonder how long it takes to come down off the high? I can't even imagine what it's like for those who have met them and taken pics with them! I think I would die.....lol

It's funny how much time and effort goes into something like this. I had to carefully coordinate with 2 friends, the video taping. Also had to plan my wardrobe -which I know sounds silly, but really, you want to show up on the video and in the pics, so you want to pick something bright and easy to spot.
The flowers - a dozen long stem roses - were SO heavy! I was shocked! You can see in one of the videos, that she almost dropped them backstage, then handed them off to Mick so she could climb down the stairs.

That picture clearly shows that we are standing on some sort of riser - when you're up front, you aren't hearing the show through the speakers, but rather, from the stage monitors. You don't quite hear everything, but that's ok because you get other benefits. I certainly would give up the sound to be that close again. Jeff said it best- it really changes the experience being that close. You really are PART of the show - interacting with them.

I was lucky, a friend was working security, so when we stood on the risers, they were gonna come and get us down, but my friend said no, it was ok, leave her alone, she'll be ok. And after hearing from others that Stevie did NOT pick up flowers at every show, I really felt lucky that she even came over to me.

and btw- I am STILL kicking myself that I did not extend my hand when she offered hers up!!! UGH....what an idiot!! I got so lost in the moment that I wasn't even thinking clearly.....still regretting that!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
That was a cool experience... I read Concertaholics review of the night, saw the pics and vid... and the whole situation leading up to it... Sounded like a blast... Really great pics of a fleeting moment.
Just noticed the new Canadian shows posted.....Are you going to the show in Winnipeg?

Great to see them adding more shows up here!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[A Glaswegian woman was inspired to start a new directory service by an FM concert. Here's an excerpt from an article]

http://www.enterprisinglasgow.com/in...=636&Itemid=81

Gillian said: “My relationship broke down and I wasn’t happy at work. My family suggested I should launch my own directory and it was something I’d been thinking about it so I spoke to Business Gateway.

“There was a Fleetwood Mac concert in Toronto that I really wanted to go to, but I didn’t have any holidays left so I wouldn’t be able to go if I was still working where I was.

“I bought the tickets anyway and said to myself that if I made it to the concert then I would know I could set up my own business. After Fleetwood Mac sang the last song that night it suddenly hit me that I had to start my own firm.”