The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Ledgie

Stevie may have had nerves I'm sure... 1st night and all.. she isn't super woman. But I listened to the utube videos and didn't think it sounded too bad. That may have something to do with the 'love is blind' thing.. I probably don't hear the negitive things as much as some do. I am just glad they are still touring so I have my chance to get to go see them live in 2 months and that means SO MUCH to me!! I seen Stevie last summer and she ROCKED OUT! IMO. But anyway I'd go see her if she was in a motorized scooter all decked out with doves and ribbons, rolling in circles. Rock on Gold Dust Woman!! (And FM guys too! lol )
Old 03-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default You Tube Videos........

You Tube Videos are great for those of us who were not there, but,

don't forget,

the audio is not always the greatest,

so don't be too harsh on "the old girl", one day we will all be 60,

I hope that I will be able draw a crowd like she can...

g....
Old 03-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Didn't Stevie say in a recent interview that she hurt her arm or shoulder....and was going to therapy so that she could play her tamborine more comfortably. Stevie always gets nervous at the beginning and gets more into it as show goes on. She did look on videos like she wasn't feeling 100%. She still was awesome!!!!!!

Was it a sellout??????
Old 03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScoop View Post
Her twirls during "stand back" were geriatric
We know Stevie has joint problems, but we all also complain that we want her to wear **the boots**. (Though I agree there MUST be a happy medium lying somewhere in between the boots and the Reeboks. I don't think the 'Boks look too bad when she's wearing pants, but they do stand out badly with her dresses.) My mom is the same age as Stevie and she can't even tolerate a small heel anymore, let alone 6" platforms! We can't reverse the fact that she's aging. So...if we get the boots, we also get slower spins, less dancing, and the possibility of pain meds being taken before she goes onstage. I haven't seen Soundstage yet, but from what I hear, her performance is fantastic. I also saw her in Vegas 2 years ago and she rocked with the boots on. With Soundstage, she was being filmed, so she is obviously going to fight through any pain to give her best performance. Joint discomfort may also go through waves of severity, is effected by weather conditions, etc.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
Was it a sellout??????
Er...in a manner of speaking, yes.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
Should Stevie retire because she's not performing to the expectations of some? Of course not, the people who don't like her current performances should just stop going to see her.
Well put. Just like people who want to complain about the existence of a certain radio or TV show when they have the option to change the channel!

Stevie does not have to retire just because she will inevitably NOT be able to do things she used to. There are other, more mellow options of performing, which have proven to be very successful for many artists recently. I think it would be great if Stevie eventually did tours of quieter, acoustic-based shows. Maybe something where the band consists only of Waddy on acoustic guitar, Benmont Tench on piano, and Sharon & Lori on vocals. They could play theaters, and have a fabulous, Stevie'd-out set with fabulous rugs and candles and shawls draped everywhere, and they would sit on stools (or stand) family-style in a group. 'TWOULD BE FANTASTIC!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 03-02-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
You're killing me today!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
???????????
Old 03-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG- best David quip, ever.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
hahaha yes it was.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour View Post
We know Stevie has joint problems, but we all also complain that we want her to wear **the boots**. (Though I agree there MUST be a happy medium lying somewhere in between the boots and the Reeboks. I don't think the 'Boks look too bad when she's wearing pants, but they do stand out badly with her dresses.) My mom is the same age as Stevie and she can't even tolerate a small heel anymore, let alone 6" platforms! We can't reverse the fact that she's aging. So...if we get the boots, we also get slower spins, less dancing, and the possibility of pain meds being taken before she goes onstage. I haven't seen Soundstage yet, but from what I hear, her performance is fantastic. I also saw her in Vegas 2 years ago and she rocked with the boots on. With Soundstage, she was being filmed, so she is obviously going to fight through any pain to give her best performance. Joint discomfort may also go through waves of severity, is effected by weather conditions, etc.
Good points! Speaking for myself, I would rather give up the boots for a more energized performance. I have a few solo shows from 05 where Stevie is completely rocking out, very energized and she's got the 'boks on the entire time. Of course they don't look nearly as good as the boots but I cannot believe the difference in her performance.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
One of his top 5... but he's had some good zingers in the past...
Old 03-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would just say that with the Soundstage that is practically brand new, with her doing so many numbers during that performance that people found so fresh and exciting (Sara for you Louie, for example and Crash for me, even though I had not liked Crash before), it's a bit premature to say she should retire. Certainly, she doesn't have what she once had, but what remains is still "so very powerful."

And yeah Regina you have a point. A Youtube video clip just doesn't tell the whole story.

Michele
Thank You! I think I was sitting next to you last night. Were you taking notes?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Good points! Speaking for myself, I would rather give up the boots for a more energized performance. I have a few solo shows from 05 where Stevie is completely rocking out, very energized and she's got the 'boks on the entire time. Of course they don't look nearly as good as the boots but I cannot believe the difference in her performance.
She made the boks look a little better in 2005, when she added the leg warmers..it didn't make them stand out so much like big bricks (like they did on the TISL tour)