The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have seen FM/Stevie Nicks 7 times so far and maybe I am in the minority here but I really dont care what songs they do. I love this band so much they could sing the freaking phone book and I would be happy. I personally dont really care that Christine is gone and am happy to have Stevie and Lindsey. I agree that the ticket prices are high but last year I paid 125 plus fees to see Christina Aguilera, Pussy Cat Dolls and Danity Kane so paying 150 plus fees for Fleetwood Mac almost seems like a deal to me!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
This thread has become negative. We want them to work around OUR schedules. We want it cheaper, we want it OUR WAY, with OUR songs. Sometimes we forget, we have the option to NOT pay that kind of money. We have the option to NOT go if we don't like the songs. We have the option to just STAY HOME. I am going regardless of what the charge, play, or how many people sing back-up. IMO, this is THE MAC and I am lucky enough to see them anyway I can.
It seems that way, but it's just people expressing preferences and wonderment.

I plan to be at several shows. But there are limitations. I don't want to pay $150 per ticket to sit half an arena away. Nor for floor seats in the way-back section either.

I think the shows would have sold out immediately if they did all smaller venues. I'm allowed to say that and still love the music.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
I have seen FM/Stevie Nicks 7 times so far and maybe I am in the minority here but I really dont care what songs they do. I love this band so much they could sing the freaking phone book and I would be happy. I personally dont really care that Christine is gone and am happy to have Stevie and Lindsey. I agree that the ticket prices are high but last year I paid 125 plus fees to see Christina Aguilera, Pussy Cat Dolls and Danity Kane so paying 150 plus fees for Fleetwood Mac almost seems like a deal to me!!!
See, that's the exact reason I DO care about what songs they do. I just saw the same show 5 times last tour & don't need to see it again.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I'd be fine with that if we actually got new & interesting stories. Most everyone already knows that Rhiannon was written before she read the books, that Landslide was written in Aspen, that LB wrote GYOW in anger at Stevie, that Sara's partially about Mick, blah blah blah.

Although now that I think about it, the band (Stevie especially) changes their stories so frequently that maybe we WILL get new info.

Now, Rashomen would be great. It's like with the BN album cover. I've heard Stevie talk about that a million times, but I've never heard Lindsey's version of the story. Same thing with Landslide and Aspen and he took the car and the dog and she just knew she could take Greyhound because her father was king of the company, etc. I'd like to hear Lindsey's version of that one.

I've heard the other 4 talk about their meeting in the Mexican restaurant and their immediate chemistry when they started with the White album, but I haven't heard John talk about it, so he could tell that story as an intro to, hmmmm, Crystal.

Michele
Old 12-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post
It seems that way, but it's just people expressing preferences and wonderment.

I plan to be at several shows. But there are limitations. I don't want to pay $150 per ticket to sit half an arena away. Nor for floor seats in the way-back section either.

I think the shows would have sold out immediately if they did all smaller venues. I'm allowed to say that and still love the music.
Of course, I am the last person who would say that you cannot say something. I just wanted to clear my throat that people who are never statisfied. Ya know? it's not that I think that this is a WONDERFUL deal, but there is no need to complain about things that are not in our immediate control. No harm to you, honestly.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love FM... Don't really like the current FM... thought about buying tickets one last time... but I decided not to..

1. I have to be careful where I spend my money as the economy keeps getting worse I get more and more careful. 300-500 bucks for two tickets.. thats a lot of grocercies, car repair money, utilities, gasoline etc... to blow in two hours for the same songs that keep getting worse... no thanks... ridiculous in fact.

2. Don't need to hear another song live from Rumours ever again... unless it's I Don't Wanna Know, Oh Daddy, or Songbird

3. This band is just tired... As much as I love them... If you unleash them... the won't run very far... so no leash is needed...

4. They'll release a DVD of the tour.. for 20 bucks I can play it in my living room without paying for gas parking and... I'll see the set list which I will say again... no thanks...

Rather sit back and listen to my GOS album... it was a Great Day..
I totally agree with you on all points taken. Personally with the economy the way it is...I'm surprised anyone has any money to spend it on a concert ticket esp with as high as they are now. Personally, a part of me will love Mac and Stevie but as much as that is there time has come & gone. They are not the 'band' that they once were....same for Stevie....she may have a nice voice now but she does the 'same' show ....the same 'set' list and were suppose to pay some high priced ticket for the same show over & over again & thats acceptable. I guess it is when people keep paying for it. I'm not and refuse to spend the $$. Love for them or not.....its just not worth it anymore period......sad but true...IMO anyway......
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 12-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe not now but maybe one day you will....maybe one day in the future you'll feel kinda cheated when you listen to the LP/cds and wonder why could'nt they have song this song or that one. I paid $150.00 to see that show too? wow. Maybe you won't but who knows really. Personally, I don't want to hear the 'phone' book from anyone. Even if your only saying that to be funny (LOL) but still......no band or singer is worth it......not to me. Plus, you could use your $$ for something more special for yourself or for family...since Christmas is due this week. IMO anyway.....just some random thoughts....to each his or her own......no offence really.....
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 12-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hm. The cheaper tickets are $50-80 dollars, and that isn't too bad. Yes, they're gouging for the better seats, but so what? We should be glad they're still touring, even if they're playing the same old songs. Hell, we should be glad they're even alive.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 12-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Hm. The cheaper tickets are $50-80 dollars, and that isn't too bad. Yes, they're gouging for the better seats, but so what? We should be glad they're still touring, even if they're playing the same old songs. Hell, we should be glad they're even alive.
Amen to that. When I bought my tickets for the Pittsburgh show, the ticketmaster lady told me they have seats available for 45 bucks. Not a bad price at all.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 View Post
Amen to that. When I bought my tickets for the Pittsburgh show, the ticketmaster lady told me they have seats available for 45 bucks. Not a bad price at all.
Yeah, the seats might not be the greatest, so you might not have a good view, but I thought going to shows was for the MUSIC!

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 12-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad there all alive & well.....don't get me wrong.....& yeah, not all are expensive but really thats not the point here.....I for one am tired of the same old same old....I know they aren't gonna change....so I for one don't have to or want to spend the extra $$ to see the same thing over & over again.....if they won't change I can change myself and just not spend the $$ on it.....Plus, I for one don't really like the Palace , here in Michigan to see a concert....so impersonal really. I agree with some other posters that 'smaller' venues would've suited them much much better than the larger ones. I guess some shows have sold out but I doubt many will really. So I'm happy for those who want to go and I'll hear about it all on this site. I really don't think I'll miss much though.....that is IMO though......
Old 12-19-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
what tour did you start with? what year?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think they are having poor sales at The Garden in NYC. I think they are doing very well with sales for the NY Metrpolitan area shows.

Why should the band have to take new press pictures for the tour? Does that affect sales? I can't imagine one getting disappointed over pictures. That, to me, seems like wasted energy.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's see the first time I saw FM was on the Dance tour and I was hooked. After that I saw Stevie twice in Pittsburgh and then saw her in Cuyahoga Falls and then the last FM tour I saw them 3 times going to pittsburgh, toronto and camden. Oh and then I saw Lindsey solo in Pittsburgh too the last time he came here.
Yeah I would love for FM to do Sisters of the Moon or Storms but for me I love every single song so damm much that I am not going to be picky. Being able to hear Sara live on the last tour was the best thing ever. I am happy just being in their presence so that is why I said they could be singing the phone book and I would be esctatic.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will be very happy to see their "hits". Honestly, I can't wait to see them again, especially if Stevie is in the same form as last year.

I'm still worried the show closest to me is going to cancel because of poor sales.

I will go to MSG if I have to. Actually, I would LOVE for FM to be my first show to see there. It would be nothing to take the train in and out the same day. Except it's a work/week day.