Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I just read that she fired her management at Frontline (Tony Dimitriades) because they made her go to rehab...I don't know that it's factual though.
Frontline is Irving Azoff, who managed Stevie at the begining of her solo career.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I think Sheryl Crow is a very talented artist. Two of her albums "Sheryl Crow" from '96 and "The Globe Sessions" from '99 are really great. But she seems to have run out of good material. "Wildflower" from '05 is one of the most boring CD's I've listened to recently. So I really don't see the need in her joining Fleetwood Mac. She might slightly help with sales, and maybe draw a younger crowd but that's about it. Besides if Lindsey and Stevie can't come up with enough good material on their own then maybe it's time to retire the Mac (did I really write that?). Lindsey's UTS did give me hope for the future, both his and the Mac's.
I expected more from Sheryl's work with Bill Bottrell. The last two releases have been completely boring. The writing is weak and she seems to be stuck into the whole if it works run it into the ground formula.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Tony Dimitriades is a class act. If he was fired for having a role in forcing Stevie into rehab...how interesting is it...
It wasn't Tony, it was Irving Azoff.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It wasn't Tony, it was Irving Azoff.
That reminds me of Jacques Barzun's "Go jump into the Sea of Azof" (in his discussion of the overuse of the phrase "as of").

Where is that from? A WORD OR TWO BEFORE YOU GO? THE CULTURE WE DESERVE: A CRITIQUE OF DISENLIGHTENMENT? I can't remember.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-02-2008, 08:00 PM
clb0013

Just one more inquiry...what happened to Steven Russell?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Maybe I'm confusing this with someone else, but I think I read somewhere that Irving Azoff is now Lindsey's management, not East End, not Tony. Anyone else hear/read this?
I haven't heard that, but after I read your post, I went to look at the Bass Hall liner notes. Lindsey thanks both Irving and Tony, so no clues there.

Tom Petty had been so busy that I was feeling thankful that Tony still had time to do such a nice job with the UTS tour and promotions. I would hate to think that he wasn't with Lindsey anymore. On the other hand, Irving Azoff hasn't been a slouch where the Eagles are concerned.

The thing is, once you change management after all these years, you usually don't end up staying with the new person very long. I don't want Lindsey to be without reputable management. As a small act, he needs it more.

Michele
Old 06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Google News Alert for: stevie nicks

Concert Review: Sheryl Crow Delivers Without Passion
WSOCtv.com - Charlotte,NC,USA
Dressed in tiny black jeans, high heels and a small, embroidered and sparkly vest that looked like she snipped it off one of Stevie Nick's capes, ...
See all stories on this topic

The simple, ragged power of "Shine Over Babylon" was forceful, but not entrancing and it seemed odd when Crow waved hands above her head like she was her idol Stevie Nicks during the breakdown.

To Crow's credit, she was a hard-working and engaging performer. Dressed in tiny black jeans, high heels and a small, embroidered and sparkly vest that looked like she snipped it off one of Stevie Nick's capes, she was charmingly earnest.

http://www.wsoctv.com/columnists/16481966/detail.html

Last edited by vivfox; 06-06-2008 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: ok
Old 06-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Frontline is Irving Azoff, who managed Stevie at the begining of her solo career.
Thank you - sorry for the mix up.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know about the management history?

I just read that Irving Azoff and Howard Kauffman "reformed" Front Line in 2005, but the Eagles are still managed under Irving Azoff's company, Azoff Music Management. Does this mean Kaufman maintains his HK Management as well - or was this a complete merger of the two companies?

Tony Dimitriades' East End Management was formed in 1989. What company was he with when he was representing Stevie in '87?

And, I'm confused - is Lindsey still with East End or is he now with Front Line? I've read he's changed management?
Old 06-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Tony Dimitriades' East End Management was formed in 1989. What company was he with when he was representing Stevie in '87?
The 1987 tourbook lists Tony's name with Lookout Management as Stevie's manager & tour producer. John Courage/Courage Management managed Christine McVie; Dennis Dunstan/Wel-Dun Management managed Mick Fleetwood; Steve Wax/Stiletto Management managed John McVie.

It seems as if a lot of the guys who started out doing sound or security for the band moved up over the years into positions of management & tour production.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The 1987 tourbook lists Tony's name with Lookout Management as Stevie's manager & tour producer. John Courage/Courage Management managed Christine McVie; Dennis Dunstan/Wel-Dun Management managed Mick Fleetwood; Steve Wax/Stiletto Management managed John McVie.

It seems as if a lot of the guys who started out doing sound or security for the band moved up over the years into positions of management & tour production.
Whatever happened to John Courage and Dennis Dunstan? Does anyone know?

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 06-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Whatever happened to John Courage and Dennis Dunstan? Does anyone know?
I think Courage retired, no? He was commandeering the troops back before Lindsey joined, I think.

moviekinks.blogspot.com