User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-01-2003, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart What I love....

In an attempt to be a "Peacekeeper" , I would like to start a thread of what you love about each member of FM, including EVERYONE (well, not like Bob Brunning, unless you really know alot about him...LOL). If you like a certain SONG by a member, or their personality or writing chops or whatever..list it!!!

Lindsey: Everything. I love his guitar skills, songs in general, personality, voice, shyness, musical integrity, production skills...oh, and I love his eyes too!

Stevie: I love her spirit, her love for her fans, her music, her fashion sense (back in the day... ).

Christine: I love her laid-back personality, her music, her accent (LOL), and the way she said mofo in the Rumours Japan video! LMAO!!

Mick: I love his sense of humour, wierd faces he makes on the videos, his drumming skills esp, at the end of GYOW, I LOVE that part!!

John: I love his bassline in The Chain, his quiet sincerity, his no-nonsense approach to everything. I love the fact he said "They'd better not come across my path." in regards to the jerks who gave Peter the LSD.

Danny: I love his music, the mysticism in the songs, voice, guitar skills and shyness. (I wish him all the best and hope and pray he overcomes his demons.)

Peter: I love his guitar skills and music. Oh Well (both parts) ROCK! I'm glad he's making music again!! Let's hope DK will too someday...

Bob: I love his mystic sounding songs and guitar skills. Hypnotized is AWESOME and one of my fave songs ever.

Jeremy: I love String-a-Long and the fact that I hear he did AWESOME Elvis (and others) impressions! I'm glad that drugs didn't take over his life...unfortunately, a cult did.

Billy: I love his songs, Brother to Brother and In the Back of My Mind. I love the fact that he's touched Michele's life.

Rick: I haven't heard enough from Rick to say what I love, but I do love his version of I Loved Another Woman!!

Bekka: She did a decent job on the FM songs on the live video that I have of a FM concert with Dave Mason and Billy.

I cannot comment on people like Dave Mason, Bob Weston and Dave Walker since I don't really know anything about them. Am I missing anyone? LOL
Old 02-01-2003, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: What I love....

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Am I missing anyone? LOL
No, but I thought you were.
This is going to be so hard, I think I'll post mine up later when I've had time to think about this.
Sofie
Old 02-01-2003, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

cool idea... let me have a try.
Lindsey: one of the most skillful musicians i know, great voice and could recognize a great talent in his time.

Stevie: since we'll never get to see god, she's as good as it gets.

Christine: could write better singles than pete waterman, could sing the blues, her debut album is an absolute classic.

Mick: honestly, how many drummers can you identify listening to? mick's one of them.

John: a half of one of the greatest rhythm sections ever, he also seem to be very nice and funny, and most certainly knows how to hold on to a great job.

Danny: he's blonde.

Peter: he's jewish.

Bob: he invented Sting before there was sting himself.

Jeremy: he survived any given drug, right?

Billy: he quit the band on time.

Rick: Love Is Dangerous, desiree.

Bekka: great looks.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Only POSITIVE thoughts

You forgot the two 'Dave's': Dave Walker and Dave Mason. Plus Bob Weston, whom I had forgotten even!!!

Mick - The 'Big Daddy', "the glue behind Fleetwood Mac", 1/2 of the Fleetwood Mac name... Great drummer in every style, has managed to play electric pop 80's and pure blues passing through hard rock and weird styles like country pop, always mantaining his greatness.

John - The other 1/2 of the Fleetwood Mac name. I love how his bass playing is always connected with Mick's bass drum. Their rhythm section is magnific. I like his solo on "The Chain".

Christine - I've always liked her ellegance, her style and her witty sense of humour. She's a fantastic keyboard player, has an enchanting voice and she's my favorite female composer and performer.

Lindsey - I like how he's capable of transforming half-finished songs into amazing pop records. I like his producing skills. I love his guitar playing and his vocals in the early days.

Stevie - She's a Goddess. In all the senses of the word. Poet, priest of nothing, LEGEND.

Peter - He wrote "Oh Well", "Man Of The World" and "Albatross" and many other fantastic tunes. Also a great guitar player.

Jeremy - He added some humour to the band. He also sang fantastically... imitating other people.

Danny - He wrote "Dust", come on! His voice was very soft and his guitar playing style is probably my favorite of all the Fleetwood Mac guitar players except only for Rick Vito maybe.

Bob (Welch) - A long list of fantastic songs... Great voice, too. I loved the way he did backup vocals to Christine's tunes and vice-versa.

Bob (Weston) - Played the amazing intro to my favorite FM song, "Why"; and wrote the gorgeous "Caught In The Rain" closer for Penguin.

Billy - He was a very good friend of Christine's, helped her in her solo album, joined Fleetwood Mac and added interesting songs, co-wrote at least one gem ("Do You Know") and two great songs ("In The Back Of My Mind" and "Talkin' To My Heart") and left the band when he was not needed.

Rick - My favorite guitar player in all the Fleetwood Mac eras. Man, I always wait for his solo to come. A great style that nobody else had. Plus he co-wrote "Love Is Dangerous".

Bekka - Fantastic voice! That woman rocked.

Dave (Walker) - Uhm. Yeah.

Dave (Mason) - He wrote "Blow By Blow" which is kind of cool.

Ugh, I'm done. Cool question!

Song of the moment - What Makes You Think You're The One

Last edited by Cristian; 02-01-2003 at 08:25 PM..
Old 02-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think this is a great idea, Christy, and I hope everyone posts in the spirit with which you intended this.

Mick Fleetwood: Fleetwood Mac's manic cheerleader. I love Mick's undying enthusiasm for "the entity that is Fleetwood Mac"... and I love his unmistakeable, and truly unique drumming style.

John McVie: The silent, but deadly, bassist. He can make a song groove like nobody's business.

Peter Green: "The Green God," as he was so aptly named all those years ago. He can write a heartwrenching lyric just as easily as he can play a heartwrenching guitar solo.

Bob Brunning: A very able bassist... a man who made it possible for Fleetwood Mac to be a working band until John was ready to join fulltime... and the first person to give the fans an insider's account of Fleetwood Mac.

Jeremy Spencer: The impish guitarist, with a HUGE personality. His many Elmore James-inspired contributions belied how deftly he could craft an original tune.

Danny Kirwan: The boy guitarist. He helped bring an even stronger sense of melody into Fleetwood Mac, and the right dose of pop sensibilities. His songs have a languid, ethereal quality, that'll charm the pants off of ya (or the one you love).

Christine McVie: Fleetwood Mac's beloved big sister, and English Rose. The grace with which she lent her class and femininity to the band of naughty boys, is remarkable. From uptempto romps, to beautiful ballads, Christine and her music were the anchor for all those around her.

Bob Welch: The bespectacled guitarist who helped keep Fleetwood Mac alive, and hypnotized their fans. His sense of melody, his unique singing style, and his love for the offbeat, helped to define Fleetwood Mac's identity during the early '70s.

Bob Weston: It was hard to get a sense of Bob's personality from the extremely short time he spent in the band, but he was definitely a talented guitarist, and his voice sounds great alongside Christine, on "Did You Ever Love Me."

Dave Walker: Fleetwood Mac's raucous front-man. Another whose extremely brief stay in the band, makes it difficult to properly assess his contributions. But definitely "another link in the chain," nonetheless.

Lindsey Buckingham: "The Byronic Rock God." A more masterful producer, Fleetwood Mac has never known. He can take a "simple ditty," and turn it into a shining example of pop-rock excellence. While his quirky writing, seering guitar, and mercurial personality, brought yet another unique color into Fleetwood Mac... making the audience want to go insane right along with him.

Stevie Nicks: "The Queen Of Rock." Many fans and critics latched onto her beauty and her fashion-sense, but all these years later, it's her lyrics that have made her a legend. She followed a long line of Mac mystics, but her stormy style was all her own. Pop-Rock music will never know another instrument as unique as her voice: it can ring exultantly one moment... convey a heartbreaking emotionality the next.

Billy Burnette: Fleetwood Mac's dark-haired, dark-eyed, Rockabilly beau. Capable of both moody epics, and upbeat country-rock confections... he brought a jangly appeal to the band's fourth "second coming."

Rick Vito: The Deco Man veered Fleetwood Mac into a more bluesier territory than they'd visited in nearly two decades, but his understated playing maintained and nurtured the band's appeal to pop-rock audiences. His talents complimented all those who came before him, while allowing him to carve a niche which was all his own.

Bekka Bramlett: An earthy, red-hot mama... Bekka's howling vocals harked back to Fleetwood Mac's R&B beginnings. Her emotive background vocals were often even more fun to listen to than her solo turns in the spotlight.

Dave Mason: Another whose all-too-brief stay in Fleetwood Mac, makes it difficult to appraise his importance to Fleetwood Mac's sound... but while his individual personality may not have had enough time to shine, his enormous talents were a beacon in what many considered Fleetwood Mac's darkest hour.

Johnny Stew
Old 02-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not going to try to be comprehensive. I like Dave Mason a lot but he is not FM to me, maybe he could have been in 'time' but I have to admit I don't actually have that album yet, I only know some of the songs.

I thought Dust was an old poem set to music, I don't think Danny wrote the words. It's about death and stuff, not his usual subject.

Anyway, here goes...

Mick Fleetwood The dreamer, the catalyst, the group jam addict. Many would have given it up given the obstacles. Really solid drummer whose personality shines through most of the time.

John McVie He gave up The Bluesbreakers for this. One of the most dependable and creative bass players ever; the musician's choice.

Peter Green He left. Before he left he left some great performances and recordings people still talk and wonder over.

Christine McVie An inspired and inspiring keyboardist whose vocals are truly as unique as they are pleasing.

Danny Kirwan Sparkling guitarist and enchanted tunesmith. We also wonder over his work and him.

Bob Welch Who saw the adventurers through some lean and turbulent years with some slippery jazzy licks and electric strangeness.

Lindsey Buckingham An inventor who dares and reaches and pushes and tries, and sometimes succeeds sometimes doesn't, but always gives it his best and just plain gives often.

Stevie Nicks Some sort of strange twirling magician really; pulling out carefully constructed lyrics from a hat and allowing the listener to fill in the blanks. A voice from the fog.

This is really gushy of me.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Great idea Christy!

Let's see off the top of my head:

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM: The meticulous craftmanship is always worth the wait

STEVIE NICKS: Distinctive and influencial, underrated musical skills, those artists that have been influenced by her will never top her

CHRISTINE MCVIE: The team player, always thinks of others first

JOHN MCVIE: Down to earth and honest, the pumping, moster bass

MICK FLEETWOOD: One of a kind solid drumming, never to be bettered

BILLY BURNETTE: First class songwriting skills

RICK VITO: Brings the Brian Setzer art of going back in time with music to the Mac table which works

BEKKA BRAMLETT: Remains true to her music, never tries to be anyone else

DAVE MASON: A guy with great guitar skils whose not afraid to sing sensitive ballads

DAVE WALKER: Track down Idle Race's "Time is" album to fully appreciate what DW could have brought to FM, great stuff.

BOB WESTON: Underrated guitarist, covers many styles successfully

BOB WELCH: Can't beat the mystic jazz, humorous & realistic

DANNY KIRWAN: Songwriting that either hits you right away or grows on you, either way, he's got ya!

PETER GREEN: The best guitarist that ever lived (IMO)

JEREMY SPENCER: Need to hear his solo work to appreciate all that is JS, he's deeper than many give him credit for

BOB BRUNNING: OK, he probably woulda left eventually anyways but there was no way to know for a 100% certainty that John was going to join so he's more important to FM's history than is often stated. Tramp, DLBB, BSBB underrated bands.

I could go on and on but just a few things here.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 02-02-2003 at 02:04 PM..
Old 02-02-2003, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll talk about the people whose music I've heard enough of to make a comment about:

Lindsey Buckingham: One of the greatest musicians of modern times, with a massive talent in the art of song production. He has an amazing vocal range and is criminally underrated as a guitarist: whilst being on the same level, if not better than, many of the other "famous/best" rock guitarists, he is undoubtedly one of the finest fingerpickers of modern times.

Stevie Nicks: One of the most distinct voices in music, Stevie has the ability to effortlessly write some of the most powerful lyrics I've ever heard. Benevolent, warm and the forever-beautiful frontperson of Fleetwood Mac.

Christine McVie: Her piano and keyboard parts are pure pleasure to hear. That signature calm and cool voice is instantly recognisable, whether she is rockin' out on YMLF or singing something as sweet as Songbird.

John McVie: One of the best bass players of all time. As Mick said so well, his parts are "like a whole orchestra". His bass is instantly identifiable as "Fleetwood Mac". I cannot mention John without saying two words: "The Chain".

Mick Fleetwood: The other half of the unbreakable rhythm section of Fleetwood Mac. He has the ability to keep the perfect beat in 5 minute solos of I'm So Afraid, and has never stopped showing us that he can also go totally nuts a la Tusk, World Turning & Not That Funny!

Peter Green: Among the greatest blues guitarists of all time, if not THE best. He has been an influence on literally 1000s of guitarists. His songs are timeless, and Black Magic Woman, Oh Well, Man Of The World, Albatross.........pure magic. Even nowadays, despite his almost too calm manner on stage, he plays one note and it can send a shiver down the spine of everyone in the audience.

Last edited by seteca; 02-02-2003 at 11:01 AM..