User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
To my knowledge, there are 3 DVD's of footage - my copy is called Mick's Lost Japan Tapes. Maybe some of the rest of you have more footage and with a different name.
I have some footage from the "Rumours" era where Lindsey appears to be hanging all over some blonde chick (CAH obviously)...at one point he pins her up against the wall while affectionately smothering her. And she seemed to be totally loving it.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-23-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Yes, that had certainly to do with a lot of things on a professional level, but on a personal level also. Here's the quote I was talking about:

"The worst time really for me was, when we were doing that first album, was that Lindsey had been writing World Turning and I really wanted... I was his girlfriend too, you know, so you’ve got to realize that made me extra sensitive. And I really wanted to help with the song and he turned away completely and asked Chris. And that was the worst night of me being in Fleetwood Mac, because I went out to the parking lot and sat in the car and cried because I couldn’t figure out why he would tell me no and tell her yes. And it wasn’t even Christine, it was Lindsey that I was really bummed with, because I was so hurt. Then I realized as the days and weeks went on after that, that if we were going to do this, I was going to have to share him a little bit. And I was going to have to back off, because Christine certainly, of all people, didn’t want to cause any trouble between Lindsey and me. Just her as a musician and singer and a really nice lady that was becoming a friend of Lindsey’s, probably the kind of friend that I never was, nor will I ever be... he could accept her in a lot of ways that he couldn’t accept me. Because I loved her, it was alright. If I hadn’t had liked Christine, it would have been impossible. I would have had to leave, because I would have been so jealous."

I hear ya. I would never have been able to do it. I would definitely have been the person that went "you, sit in the back", like Stevie was towards CAH on that plane.
thanks dana... i barely remember that excerpt!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank gawd I am not the only one that had to laugh about that.
are you kidding? that's the first thing i noticed and i couldn't stop

Quote:
...the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
agreed 100%. however, i think over time, both lindsey and stevie have tried to burry specifics somewhere in their collective subconscious.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie View Post
agreed 100%. however, i think over time, both lindsey and stevie have tried to burry specifics somewhere in their collective subconscious.
give a girl a bachelor's degree and she's talking like carl jung
Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I still don't see how that excuses a 6' tall, 175lb guy hitting a 5'1", 115lb woman.
What 6' tall guy? Out of everything said on this thread, this is what makes me call shenanigans...
Old 05-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkFoodGenius View Post
What 6' tall guy? Out of everything said on this thread, this is what makes me call shenanigans...
bwahahahaha!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
To my knowledge, there are 3 DVD's of footage - my copy is called Mick's Lost Japan Tapes. Maybe some of the rest of you have more footage and with a different name.
Really?? I have one 3 hour tape called 'Rumours documentary outtakes' and you only see them backstage in Japan. There's also a shot of Mick signing something and the woman asks in poor English where Stevie is and he says she's asleep. Oh, and there are interviews with Stevie and Christine. She cracks me up:"How does it feel to be a sex symbol?".
Chris:"I don't know, ask Stevie Nicks".

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Not to add to the controversy, but I've always had this clear picture in my head of what that night was like.

Mick, John, Christine are listening to Lindsey. Stevie is in the background.

Lindsey: [Very quietly and stammering] And, uh...yeah, that...and that is why there is no way --
Stevie: Guys!
Lindsey: On god's green, green, green...mmm...green...ah...
Mick: Earth?
Lindsey: Ah, yeah! Sure!
Stevie: Hey! Guys! Look at me!
Lindsey: There, uh...there is no way on god's green earth that I...that I can tour.
Stevie: Guys, I'm TWIRLING! Are you seeing it? You're missing it!
John: Could you repeat that, Lindsey?
Stevie: Stop looking at Lindsey like you're going to kill him and look at me twirl!
Christine: Piss off!
Lindsey: [fearing the Pimp Hand of Christine]
Christine: Christ, Lindsey, not you. I'm trying to go through some shock, here.
Stevie: [comes to the group] Guys, I was doing something important and you missed it!
Mick: Stevie, Lindsey isn't going on tour.
Stevie: Uh uh!
Lindsey: I can't do it, Stevie.
Stevie: No! I won't let you!
John: How are you going to stop him, luv? Twirl back in time?
Stevie: [Begins to twirl furiously]
Mick: She's not really...?
Stevie: [singing] Twirling back in time...when you were mine...!
Christine: She's done this before. But it was to get out of a speeding ticket. Which was odd because I was the one who got the ticket in the first place.
John: Mick, you had a bloody camera throughout Japan...and not for this.
Lindsey: I, uh...I think I'm going to get out of here--
Stevie: I'VE ARRIVED! Lindsey, I'm here to save you! I am from the FUTURE and I am here to save you from a terrible mistake! [throws out hands, accidentally slapping Lindsey]
Lindsey: [Suddenly turns into stereotypical sassy black woman] Oh, bitch, I KNOW you just did not!

And thus began the altercation. And even though I was only seven and living in Idaho at the time, I have no doubt that my version is the most correctest.:

Disclaimer: Violence is never funny. Stay in school! Don't do drugs!

Last edited by JunkFoodGenius; 05-24-2007 at 01:37 AM..
Old 05-24-2007, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkFoodGenius View Post
Not to add to the controversy, but I've always had this clear picture in my head of what that night was like.

Mick, John, Christine are listening to Lindsey. Stevie is in the background.

Lindsey: [Very quietly and stammering] And, uh...yeah, that...and that is why there is no way --
Stevie: Guys!
Lindsey: On god's green, green, green...mmm...green...ah...
Mick: Earth?
Lindsey: Ah, yeah! Sure!
Stevie: Hey! Guys! Look at me!
Lindsey: There, uh...there is no way on god's green earth that I...that I can tour.
Stevie: Guys, I'm TWIRLING! Are you seeing it? You're missing it!
John: Could you repeat that, Lindsey?
Stevie: Stop looking at Lindsey like you're going to kill him and look at me twirl!
Christine: Piss off!
Lindsey: [fearing the Pimp Hand of Christine]
Christine: Christ, Lindsey, not you. I'm trying to go through some shock, here.
Stevie: [comes to the group] Guys, I was doing something important and you missed it!
Mick: Stevie, Lindsey isn't going on tour.
Stevie: Uh uh!
Lindsey: I can't do it, Stevie.
Stevie: No! I won't let you!
John: How are you going to stop him, luv? Twirl back in time?
Stevie: [Begins to twirl furiously]
Mick: She's not really...?
Stevie: [singing] Twirling back in time...when you were mine...!
Christine: She's done this before. But it was to get out of a speeding ticket. Which was odd because I was the one who got the ticket in the first place.
John: Mick, you had a bloody camera throughout Japan...and not for this.
Lindsey: I, uh...I think I'm going to get out of here--
Stevie: I'VE ARRIVED! Lindsey, I'm here to save you! I am from the FUTURE and I am here to save you from a terrible mistake! [throws out hands, accidentally slapping Lindsey]
Lindsey: [Suddenly turns into stereotypical sassy black woman] Oh, bitch, I KNOW you just did not!

And thus began the altercation. And even though I was only seven and living in Idaho at the time, I have no doubt that my version is the most correctest.:

Disclaimer: Violence is never funny. Stay in school! Don't do drugs!
This isn't funny either

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-24-2007, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I have some footage from the "Rumours" era where Lindsey appears to be hanging all over some blonde chick (CAH obviously)...at one point he pins her up against the wall while affectionately smothering her. And she seemed to be totally loving it.
I'll have to check again cause I don't remember that part, but I have hours of the Rumours footage on dvd somewhere. I know there are different sets of dvd's, some have more stuff than others.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie View Post
Yes, definitely. Like I said, most of the stuff that they get asked about these days is laughable to them, and answered as vaguely as possibly. I don't think they're being vague entirely on purpose.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, definitely. Like I said, most of the stuff that they get asked about these days is laughable to them, and answered as vaguely as possibly. I don't think they're being vague entirely on purpose.
85 % of their vagueness is a safe result of obvious easy to answer containerquestions. 90 percent of the interviewers never asks further, or does homework enough.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
85 % of their vagueness is a safe result of obvious easy to answer containerquestions. 90 percent of the interviewers never asks further, or does homework enough.
Ofcourse, but much of that vagueness is also due to drug-induced memories and, like Marissa said, memories buried somewhere in their collective subconscious (which go hand in hand).

A wonderful example of Lindsey's vagueness:

Buckingham too started to come unscrewed, overwhelmed by frustrations about his relationship with Nicks, the way it ended, her position as crowd favourite at concerts. In March 1980, playing to 60,000 in Auckland, New Zealand while loaded with whisky (according to Fleetwood), he pulled his jacket over his head in grotesque imitation of Nicks’s drapes and started to ape her twirling moves. Then he ran across the stage and kicked her. Nicks carried on like a trouper.

In the dressing-room, head hung in shame, he was confronted by Christine McVie who slapped him and threw a glass of wine over him: “Don’t you ever do that to this band again! Ever! Is that clear?”

Buckingham can’t remember the events, but says, with bemusement: “Oh, I wouldn’t doubt that I mimicked Stevie on-stage. And kicked her? That could have happened too.”
Old 05-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Buckingham too started to come unscrewed, overwhelmed by frustrations about his relationship with Nicks, the way it ended, her position as crowd favourite at concerts. In March 1980, playing to 60,000 in Auckland, New Zealand while loaded with whisky (according to Fleetwood), he pulled his jacket over his head in grotesque imitation of Nicks’s drapes and started to ape her twirling moves. Then he ran across the stage and kicked her. Nicks carried on like a trouper.

In the dressing-room, head hung in shame, he was confronted by Christine McVie who slapped him and threw a glass of wine over him: “Don’t you ever do that to this band again! Ever! Is that clear?”

It's funny how Christine slapping Lindsey is never discussed in the same light as Lindsey slapping Stevie.

Gail

PS you wouldn't mess with her if she was mad would you?
Old 05-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
It's funny how Christine slapping Lindsey is never discussed in the same light as Lindsey slapping Stevie.

Gail

PS you wouldn't mess with her if she was mad would you?
I know - La Nicks gets what she deserves and CM is totally justifed and venerated - go figure

Interestingly, at both times, LB is doing something detrimental to the band.

save the cheerleader - save the world