Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Billy Burnette on Chris' record!!!!!!!!!!

Billy was on this FM marathon on this radio station today talking about how he was going to be on Chris' new album!!!!! He didn't give lots of details, he just said he's on it!!!!! So, we know that it's coming....just don't know WHEN!!!!

Old 05-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That sounds interesting.

Hopefully the album will be better than the one from '84. Maybe a little more blues and rock.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Billy Burnette on Chris' record!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Billy was on this FM marathon on this radio station today talking about how he was going to be on Chris' new album!!!!! He didn't give lots of details, he just said he's on it!!!!! So, we know that it's coming....just don't know WHEN!!!!

Christy,
Thanks for the great news!!!!!!!
I wonder if anybody else that we know is going to be on it, too. Now I know it's definitely coming. Thanks again!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Thanks for the news, that IS good news!

Yeah, I would hope that the new CM album (whenever it does come out) would be a good one in the sense that assuming whatever label it is that puts it out would be happy enough with the sales it gets (as I'd guess she'd only agree to a deal whereby she doesn't have to tour to promote it) so you'd think any label willing to let her just put it out would also most likely be willing to leave her alone to do it and not pressure her to do a "commercial" album (as was what most likely what happened with the 1984 WB CM album).

Undoubtedly, it will be a little restrained as Chris is probably even more... reserved? mature? (whatever word you think fits here, can't place it but y'know what I mean!) now than she used to be so I can't see it getting THAT adventurous but whatever is on it will be nice to hear as I'd hope that it is what the ARTIST wants to sound like and not sounding like what the label wants her to sound like etc. looking forward to it anyways.

John
Old 05-09-2003, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks Christy for the great news.
GREAT news
I can't wait for what will no doubt prove to be a refreshing and enjoyable CD.
markolas - while I feel that the actual content of the 1984 album was fantastic, I agree that the production was a bit sterile, and as you say hopefully things will get a little less airy and polished this time.
John, can you recall some comments either from Christine or perhaps from Richard or someone anyway, from a fair while back, saying that this new material was some of her 'most adventurous' or something along those lines ... from what I read I discrened the impression that their might be a more aggressive element than previously. I'm not sure where that came from, but that's probably what's "...In Store" for us, whatever it entails.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
John, can you recall some comments either from Christine or perhaps from Richard or someone anyway, from a fair while back, saying that this new material was some of her 'most adventurous' or something along those lines ... from what I read I discrened the impression that their might be a more aggressive element than previously. I'm not sure where that came from, but that's probably what's "...In Store" for us, whatever it entails.
That does sound vaguely familiar, yeah, something about it being "more rock and roll this time" or whatever but I can't remember who said it or when it was (or probably most importantly, how much belief should be put in to it) either unfortunately so I'll have to toss it back up in the air for everyone else, Neil maybe? ANYONE remember this? Who said it? What else was said (etc.)?

I agree with an earlier statement here too that it would be cool if she went back to her roots and got some blues in there as well but since she seems to think the CP album was an "embarrassment", I kinda doubt it. Though I must disagree with her on that, I think CP was/is a fine album but whatever.

John
Old 05-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Her dismay over "The Legendary Christine Perfect" album was because it was rushed, poorly played, and something she got pushed into. At that point, she hadn't had that much experience, especially as a solo star. It seems a little myopic to think she can't do a great blues album now just because she released a weak blues album thirty years ago!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 05-09-2003 at 10:33 AM..
Old 05-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In the George Hawkins Q & A here on this website, I believe George mentioned that Christine was working on new songs that she said were a little more edgy than usual, not as safe. I think this might be what you're thinking about.

I also agree about the Christine Perfect album. I LOVE it even if Chris seems to hate it. I also like her 1984 album alot, even if it is more of a pop record. I'll just be thrilled to get anything since I had assumed that she was completely retired, according to Mick & Stevie.

Last edited by macfan 57; 05-09-2003 at 11:10 AM..
Old 05-09-2003, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinHead
Her dismay over "The Legendary Christine Perfect" album was because it was rushed, poorly played, and something she got pushed into. At that point, she hadn't had that much experience, especially as a solo star. It seems a little myopic to think she can't do a great blues album now just because she released a weak blues album thirty years ago!
Yeah, I'm not saying "I" think this, I just get the feelng this is what SHE thinks but eh, who knows? I too, think that CM could do a great blues album nowadays if she just gave it the chance but whatever, hopefully some blues will get in there.

John
Old 05-09-2003, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's really interesting. Will be curious to see how it all pans out seeing I felt she was in retirement too. Wonder if she'll play some small intimate clubs?

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 05-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Am I just really confused, or did Christine McVie not retire after the Dance???
Maybe. But not with me or Christine or Lindsey. Christine and I will always be close; Lindsey just plain doesn't like me. I never had any musical training of any kind. I just had this innate ability to walk in, sit down at a piano, and write a song in five minutes, and go to bed. It drives him nuts. - Stevie Nicks, 1994
Old 05-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's my understanding that she just took some time off after the Dance. It's been said that she wanted to sort some things out in her personal life.

I don't think she ever retired (or ever will retire) from music all together. Once it's in your blood you can never fully stop. I just think she really, really hates touring. All she is concerned about is making good, quality music.

I'm sooooo excited about her new solo album!

I'm just so curious as to what it's going to sound like

Susie
Old 05-12-2003, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am very excited.

I adore her 1984 album, I think most if it is wonderful. I really love Christine's voice and I can't wait to hear it