Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2003, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Warning - sentimental post

I am so happy not to be running toward what/who I know is really really wrong anymore and thank goodness for Stevie/FM's song to help see the light in that aspect.

I also really thank them for this new record for while not perfect (what is?) it really has helped, guided, and caused great joy; more than they will ever know.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-26-2003, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so, so grateful that Goodbye Baby made it on this album. Even though it makes me cry, it's rather cathartic, in a way.

I'm thankful for all the other great, ROCKIN' songs on this album...especially RTTG and EFO....ah, LOVE those two!

I'm happy about all the publicity they've been getting...it's been GREAT seeing them, and I'll be jumping for joy and yelling like crazy when I see them next time and Stevie's turned towards Linds, singin' her heart out to him. 'Course, he's gonna be looking at her, too...

They all look wonderful...especially Stevie and Lindsey...and I actually love Stevie's hair now. She's still a very beautiful woman. Hope I look half that good when I'm her age. And Lindsey....wow. The man's just gorgeous.

I am soooo happy that they even decided on doing this album in the first place.....That they seem to have worked out their differences....because the album IS wonderful. And I'm really happy that they've talked about doing another after this. I hope like hell they do.

~Angela~
Old 04-26-2003, 08:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

Pretty much all of Lindseys songs on the album are great. (I hope i dont blow my speakers)

Production on the entire album ranges from good to excellent.

I'm satisfied with the album
Old 04-26-2003, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

A lot of the things I'm happy about have been stated, but I'll reiterate a few:

I'm SOOO happy the Mac is not only putting out NEW MATERIAL but TOURING to support it! I really thought I Missed my only chance to see them when I got into them after the Dance had ended. My timing was always off, but NOW it's FINALLY HAPPENING! YES!!!

And I'm SO pleased the new album as a whole is overall better than any Mac album since Rumours!

Little things:
-I love the album cover.
-I love that Lindsey still dresses so darn cool, and that, just for me and Christy, he leaves those shirts unbuttoned and puts on tight jeans lol. And the necklace looks very cool, too.
-I love that Lindsey can still play guitar like no one else alive (or dead!)
-I love that Stevie's voice is even BETTER than it was for TISL
-I love that RTTG made an album, never thought I'd see that day!
-I love what Lindsey did with Thrown Down.
-I love Red Rover and Come, I also thought those wouldn't make the album
-I love that Stevie is still unselfishly wearing boots lol
-I love that FM still has the ability to debut at #3 and surpass all industry expectations
-I love EFO so much that I think it is the best Stevie song in YEARS, since "Battle of the Dragon" (don't get me wrong, I love songs like "Ooh My Love," "Too Far From Texas," "Trouble in Shangri-La," and others, I just like this one better)
-I love that SYHA finally made it onto an official album, as it is one of my top 25 Lindsey songs ever.
-I love that FM are getting so much press and promotion, and that places like Burnish.net allow me to see all the videos and hear all the interviews that I've missed

I LOVE FLEETWOOD MAC!

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-26-2003 at 09:15 AM..
Old 04-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am happy with the new album...and so very grateful that it was reasonably priced...so much so that I splurged and bought the LE..and it ROCKS! And I am happy that the album has grown on me to the extent it has....it is brilliant and I love it lol!!!

I am happy that I *might* get to see them in concert....

OOh!! I love Dolly Parton too...and was also happy to hear that she is a Stevie fan...I have to say...those two are top two females in the music biz....they rock....

ok....well..for the past two weeks my goal in life is to look at things more positively and try not to be so negative...so yea....thanks for the cool thread!
Old 04-26-2003, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking I'm happy because...

-SYW really, really ROCKS. It totally exceeded my expectations which were already high.
-Lindsey did exactly what I wanted him to do with the GOS demos that made it on to SYW. He left most of them alone except for the parts that needed Stevie harmonies. I am overjoyed at this, and the songs sound better on cd than I could have possibly imagined.
-Lindsey still works the magic on Stevie's songs. What he did to Thrown Down, Smile At You, RTTG and EFO is just mind-blowing, to name a few. Stevie crafted these incredible songs and Lindsey matched that with his production.
-Lindsey's leaving his shirt slightly unbuttoned and wears tight jeans and glances at Stevie when he sings and gets mushy. All that stuff I love.
-Stevie looks fabulous and slender and healthy. And she's wearing her hair straight again.
-There are great websites that totally make my day- The Penguin, Neil's site, Nancy's site, Burnish, and Sararhiannon's. AWESOME
-I get to go to the Worcester 5/27 show with my brother who is also a big fan (and has grown out his curly hair to have a Lindsey 'do...it's soooooo nice!)
-And of course, I get to read all of your posts on the Ledge. Some make me fume, others have me ROTFLMAO, but they all make me smile. A visit to the ledge is an integral (not "intrigal," LOL!!!!) part of my day .

I too have had a really stressful couple of weeks. In fact on April 15, all this s**t hit the fan at my job and a bunch of people quit, saddling me with a huge extra workload and stressing me out a lot so it's been rough. But that was the same day SYW came out and it's been helping me get through all this by injecting bursts of joy (with each listen) into my crappy days.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 04-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default I'm happy because...

...we finally got a new album! And it's great. Totally exceeded my expectations.

...of a better version of SYHA. One of my favourie GOS tracks, but it was so darned quiet on my copy.

...the band members are healthy, happy [I think... ], and can stand to be around each other for long periods of time.

...Lindsey's still HOT. I mean, wow. The unbuttoned shirts, the pants, the hair. Although he does need a sandwich.

...despite her frumpy attire, Stevie's still a babe.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm happy because

1) SYW came out during a very lonely time in my life...
2) I have the Ledge to come to everyday and that it has both "I'm a fanatic fan and I love the Band" and "you think the critics are tough, here's my take" threads
3) plus all the other great fansites out there burnish, sararhiannon, UK fm and more
4) RTTG is finally sounding great to me as it always should since the demo is one of my favs
5) Goodbye Baby is beautiful as I thought it would be and it makes me more happy then sad
6) getting a kick out of reading the "I love Lindsey because he's sexy" threads and most of those fans are young ladies
7) hubby & I bought great tix to the NY show...Yeah!!
8) positive feedback from non-fanatic FM fans who hear me play the album all day in my office
9) for people in their 50's, they're all healthy and still doing what we love
10) Thrown Down on Friends sounded so now!!!

bonus) looking forward to seeing a video on VH1 even if it means getting up early

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64

Last edited by Bella Figura; 04-26-2003 at 04:21 PM..
Old 04-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Here goes . . .

I am incredibly excited that Fleetwood Mac even made a new album. Who ever thought that would happen? I am incredibly pleased that Lindsey found a vehicle to get out most of his album on, and that Stevie got some wonderful songs out too. I love her Everybody Finds Out, and WISH there was some way to ask the band to PLAY IT LIVE, as we already know of some amazing wonders Lindsey has up his sleeve.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the tour. NOTHING will keep me from going to that. I don't give a rip about what Stevie or Lindsey are wearing! LOL!

And while I certainly DO miss Christine McVie and hope they will consider adding a second keyboardist and maybe add Lori Nicks into the mix for vocal support, I know this band is going to knock us out.

BRING IT ON!