User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
When I look back on Bob's site, its one of my biggest regrets not sending him a message or participating in his online Q&A chats. WTF was I thinking. I was not a member here then but sort of remember coming here in those early days. You could buy his autographed CD's on his site. If you read those in depth interviews, it will blow your mind. I love the story of him stating he ran into Lindsey shortly after he joined FM and Lindsey confiding in him how toxic they all were.

Anyway, I forgot to mention my biggest treasures of the band and the reason I became a big fan......the HBO Mirage tour concert. I think it debuted on HBO in February 1983. I became hypnotized and recorded the concert from the TV to my tape recorder. LMAO (I was 12)
I even wrote a several page hand written letter to HBO executives asking them to air the concert again. Believe it or not but I got a nice return letter that talked about how popular some of their concerts are and it was "possible" the concert could return. It never did LOL. I have to laugh because I am trying to remember everything I wrote to them about in my long letter. It would be so funny if I ever kept a copy or something.
In 1982-1983 HBO had some amazing concerts....all the big acts touring at that time had HBO concerts....Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Men at Work, Pat Benatar, Donna Summer, Olivia Newton John, Dolly Parton, Blondie, etc. I remember them all.
Bob was so down to Earth. I always wanted to invite him and Wendy out to dinner, but never did. I guess I was too afraid they'd say no. I sure did regret it once he was gone. Remember when Wendy got banned from here?

I don't remember how I even heard about the Mirage video(we were way too poor for cable - 4 channels with an antenna), but I've got it on Betamax! I talked Mom into buying beta....I was quite the visionary! I've still got the video somewhere. I'd never throw it away!
Old 08-30-2020, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I totally forgot about "talking" with Bob Welch on his site. That should have totally made my top five. I left Nashville the morning that he took his life. I got back to my other home and heard the news. It was a surreal day...
It was surreal and tragic and awful. When my friend and I saw Lindsey the following night, we thought he might say something to the audience, but he didn’t. I have mixed feelings about him not addressing it.

Those Q&A sessions were not on Bob’s site. They were on The Penguin, to which The Ledge belongs. I am grateful for those documents. Bob’s were so full and generous, though he was definitely bitter about the RRHOF snub, especially during the first of the two conversations.

I remember the Javier Pachecho Q&A went off the rails because Stevie’s fans were upset with the way he portrayed her in his answers.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It was surreal and tragic and awful. When my friend and I saw Lindsey the following night, we thought he might say something to the audience, but he didn’t. I have mixed feelings about him not addressing it.

Those Q&A sessions were not on Bob’s site. They were on The Penguin, to which The Ledge belongs. I am grateful for those documents. Bob’s were so full and generous, though he was definitely bitter about the RRHOF snub, especially during the first of the two conversations.

I remember the Javier Pachecho Q&A went off the rails because Stevie’s fans were upset with the way he portrayed her in his answers.
I get it. I mean, people are paying to have a good time. With FM members dropping like flies the past few years, it's like admitting that your number is in the queue. Too depressing for concert talk, IMO.

I'm trying to remember if Bob's own site had a name other than his name. I can still picture the layout, but that's about it now...

Then the old bit*h should come here and see what so many of us lifelong fans think of her these days. $he'd try to buy the board, just to shut it down! $he's a SAINT, I tell you. A SAINT!!!
Old 08-30-2020, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Yes thanks for clarifying my memory about the Penguin. Funny because Bob praised Stevie on lots of those interviews. She visited him during her Enchanted tour and he was very grateful for her continued friendship. This was less than a year after the RRHOF snub which Mick and Christine were leaders in.
I know he used to sell stuff which also makes me remember another private site.
In any event, I was a young fool for not partaking in any of that.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes thanks for clarifying my memory about the Penguin. Funny because Bob praised Stevie on lots of those interviews. She visited him during her Enchanted tour and he was very grateful for her continued friendship. This was less than a year after the RRHOF snub which Mick and Christine were leaders in.
I know he used to sell stuff which also makes me remember another private site.
In any event, I was a young fool for not partaking in any of that.
Yes, he did have his own sight. I rarely went there. It wasn’t a terribly sophisticated set up. The Penguin, on the other hand, was a godsend to FM fans. Such a wealth of info. The Q&As are still available here: http://fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/index.ph...d=28&Itemid=42
Old 08-31-2020, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Top 5 for me:
1. The Dance - they made this band cool for my generation and it was one of the first times I felt a musical connection with my parents. I listened to that cassette and the VHS so many times that I can still probably recite the entire thing including all the nonsense banter. I began my love of the band years earlier as a small child with Tango and then in my very early teens when my Mom asked for a Rumours cassette for Christmas one year, but The Dance brought my fandom to a complete other level. I still think Tusk and Don't Stop with the USC Marching Band was one of the coolest things ever. Big Love was actually stunning to see one man make that much noise with one guitar. Silver Springs was truly amazing. And I have a total soft spot for the banjo Say You Love Me.

2. The whole 1997-99 period with The Dance, the RRHOF, Behind the Music, Stevie's tour the following year....it was overload and an incredible time to get into this band fully. There was so much beyond Rumours that I began to appreciate and despite not having a thing called YouTube yet, the internet was a wealth of knowledge and insight into the band.

3. Pittsburgh 3/1/2009 - first night of the tour. I sat to the right side of the stage, had very little insight into what the setlist was, and it was incredible. They were LOUD, a big rusty, and full of surprises (Monday Morning, I Know I'm Not Wrong, full-band Go Insane, Storms, a questionable Say You Love Me, OH FREAKING WELL, Silver Springs as the encore)

4. Christine's Return - seeing them again in Pittsburgh in 2014, when Chris started singing You Make Loving Fun and the audience just went insane, what a moment. And with 4 tracks from Tango played, it was like finally getting a Tango-era setlist.

5. This place. What a completely awesome source of information and laughs this site has been over the years. I lurked for probably 5 years and then started posting in the year leading up to SYW. I never got into the drama and have remained pretty low-key, but I have gotten so much out of this place.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:17 AM

1984 Christine McVie Agora Cleveland. I couldn't believe how much better the show was than the MTVperformance. They blew me away. I was seated right in front of Christine's grand piano. Which was stage left.

1992 OOTC Tour Peabody's. That show was wild!! Lindsey kept getting his hair sweat all over me. I was a bit drunk so I didn't care. Standing room only.

1982 Buying Mirage for my mom's birthday and never really giving it to her. I played that album so much, I had to get another copy.

1987 Opening up Tango in the Night and listening to it straight thru.

2017 BuckVie Greek Amp with my friends. Explosive show. Sold out crowd was so rowdy and full of energy. I can still feel it.

(Of course all the FM shows) So many of them and they run together in my head. I will say one of the best shows I've seen of FM was the BTM tour. Rick and Christine stole that show in Cleveland and the crowd ate it up.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-01-2020 at 09:40 AM..
Old 09-01-2020, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Top 5 for me:
1. The Dance - they made this band cool for my generation and it was one of the first times I felt a musical connection with my parents. I listened to that cassette and the VHS so many times that I can still probably recite the entire thing including all the nonsense banter. I began my love of the band years earlier as a small child with Tango and then in my very early teens when my Mom asked for a Rumours cassette for Christmas one year, but The Dance brought my fandom to a complete other level. I still think Tusk and Don't Stop with the USC Marching Band was one of the coolest things ever. Big Love was actually stunning to see one man make that much noise with one guitar. Silver Springs was truly amazing. And I have a total soft spot for the banjo Say You Love Me.

2. The whole 1997-99 period with The Dance, the RRHOF, Behind the Music, Stevie's tour the following year....it was overload and an incredible time to get into this band fully. There was so much beyond Rumours that I began to appreciate and despite not having a thing called YouTube yet, the internet was a wealth of knowledge and insight into the band.

3. Pittsburgh 3/1/2009 - first night of the tour. I sat to the right side of the stage, had very little insight into what the setlist was, and it was incredible. They were LOUD, a big rusty, and full of surprises (Monday Morning, I Know I'm Not Wrong, full-band Go Insane, Storms, a questionable Say You Love Me, OH FREAKING WELL, Silver Springs as the encore)

4. Christine's Return - seeing them again in Pittsburgh in 2014, when Chris started singing You Make Loving Fun and the audience just went insane, what a moment. And with 4 tracks from Tango played, it was like finally getting a Tango-era setlist.

5. This place. What a completely awesome source of information and laughs this site has been over the years. I lurked for probably 5 years and then started posting in the year leading up to SYW. I never got into the drama and have remained pretty low-key, but I have gotten so much out of this place.
I was at the Pittsburgh 2014 show. Drove down from NYS and made a weekend of it. Great show. People went nuts when Christine started to sing her first song of the set, featured directly after the opener. She was just so happy to be performing.

I saw them in Rochester in 2009 and was impressed with muscular performances by Buckingham, McVie, and Fleetwood. Oh Well kicked butt and the retooled arrangement of Tusk was killer. But Stevie seemed lost and disengaged throughout—until Stand Back, where she came alive, only to then recess again into a ghost-like haze.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
1984 Christine McVie Agora Cleveland. I couldn't believe how much better the show was than the MTVperformance. They blew me away. I was seated right in front of Christine's grand piano. Which was stage left.

1992 OOTC Tour Peabody's. That show was wild!! Lindsey kept getting his hair sweat all over me. I was a bit drunk so I didn't care. Standing room only.

1982 Buying Mirage for my mom's birthday and never really giving it to her. I played that album so much, I had to get another copy.

1987 Opening up Tango in the Night and listening to it straight thru.

2017 BuckVie Greek Amp with my friends. Explosive show. Sold out crowd was so rowdy and full of energy. I can still feel it.

(Of course all the FM shows) So many of them and they run together in my head. I will say one of the best shows I've seen of FM was the BTM tour. Rick and Christine stole that show in Cleveland and the crowd ate it up.

Ummm, you also MET Christine backstage, for which I will be eternally jelly.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Excuse me, but she met me.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-01-2020 at 11:39 AM..
Old 09-01-2020, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought that was a secret??? I have the pics, but I've always kept mum about it...
Old 09-01-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I thought that was a secret??? I have the pics, but I've always kept mum about it...
Both of you are in BIG trouble for revealing this top secret information.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh no! I didn’t realize it was top secret! So sorry. Seriously.
Old 09-01-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Oh no! I didn’t realize it was top secret! So sorry. Seriously.
It's not a secret.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's not a secret.
Bitch, I swear you asked me not to say anything!!!

I've got 3 pics from your meeting.