Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Wait....what?
There was a blind item on some gossip website that said another member of a legendary rock band may leave their band if things don't work out soon.

At least one person in one of the Facebook fan groups claimed they had insider knowledge that Christine either left the band, or is close to leaving the band. A different person in the same group said they talked to other insiders who said the story is a bunch of garbage. Other fans were discussing this rumour too, too, both in that group and another, but I'm not sure where the supposed Christine connection to this blind item began.

It's all garbage and rumours at this point from what I understand. Of course, that's what I thought about the Lindsey "rumours," and we all know how that turned out...

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."

Last edited by Moz; 05-17-2018 at 07:11 PM..
Old 05-17-2018, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Well, she won't have to worry about Christine "stealing" attention from her if we're to believe the rumours that Christine isn't in the band anymore.
That’s a new one.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-17-2018, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There was a blind item on some gossip website that said another member of a legendary rock band may leave their band if things don't work out soon.

At least one person in one of the Facebook fan groups claimed they had insider knowledge that Christine either left the band, or is close to leaving the band. A different person in the same group said they talked to other insiders who said the story is a bunch of garbage. Other fans were discussing this rumour too, too, both in that group and another, but I'm not sure where the supposed Christine connection to this blind item began.

It's all garbage and rumours at this point from what I understand. Of course, that's what I thought about the Lindsey "rumours," and we all know how that turned out...
Ah I see.
I think she's legally obligated this point but like you said, there were a lot of people who, when the Lindsey rumours started, said it was all garbage....
If anything we know she's not happy with what happened.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

At this point I'd be happy if it turned out to be true. I'd have a lot more respect for Chris. And the fact that she and Lindsey possibly doing a BuckVie2 would be fantastic!
Old 05-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
At this point I'd be happy if it turned out to be true. I'd have a lot more respect for Chris. And the fact that she and Lindsey possibly doing a BuckVie2 would be fantastic!
I agree, since I have no interest in seeing this iteration of FM, even with Christine in the band (and I am a longtime Chris fanatic), since I am completely disgusted over their firing of Lindsey. I am definitely looking forward to solo work from Lindsey, but another BuckVie would be even better.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ah I see.
I think she's legally obligated this point but like you said, there were a lot of people who, when the Lindsey rumours started, said it was all garbage....
If anything we know she's not happy with what happened.
I can't see the rumor being true unless she has some kind of "out" clause in her contract. Otherwise, they could sue the pants off her.

Like you said, though, who knows nowadays!

Old 05-17-2018, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last I heard, she was enjoying working with Finn.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-17-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think she was mad at him on the last tour and they got into lots of spats (and in my opinion a lot of that was hugely influenced by him being frustrated that she wasn't agreeing to do an album), so she had something against him to begin with. But unlike other times in the past where's been really mad and then gets over it/he makes it up by the next tour which goes better (Say You Will going onto Unleashed and on being a good example), the Buckingham McVie album only made her more pissed at him. I 100% believe she was very bothered by that album and them touring together. Maybe jealousy isn't the right word, but I COMPLETELY think that while she didn't want to get in the studio with him, she did not remotely expect them to release their own duo and tour it and so she just was not happy about it. Maybe with their battle of the wills it felt to her like a move by him to spite her somehow and maybe he did indeed partially mean it that way, a sort of "Okay Stevie, you don't want to record, then fine. I'm done waiting around for you, we're moving forward." Who even knows. I think that really had a big role in exacerbating the situation and getting it to this point. She's always had her up-and-down, ever-changing feelings about Lindsey but throw in this new resentment/jealousy/contempt on top of an already 'down' period, then comes Tom Petty's death, then comes a conflict about the tour which equals a chance to bring Tom's and her friend Mike Campbell into the band, and then here we are.
I think you are bang on the money with this
Old 05-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I can't see the rumor being true unless she has some kind of "out" clause in her contract. Otherwise, they could sue the pants off her.

Like you said, though, who knows nowadays!
The CBS debacle clearly showed how unhappy she was. At this point, I am sure contracts are done....at least for the US leg. But, perhaps there are out clauses baked in there. Another poster (Elle I think--if I am wrong, apologies) mentioned in another threat, perhaps John/Chris bail after the US leg. I do find it curious at this point, we don't have any international dates yet--at least London-half the band is British
I would love it if it were true....so many folks thought she sucked up the Lindsey situation because she couldn't possibly bail on them now....good on her if she did/is/threatening too.
I am sure is she enjoying playing with Neil... He's a talented musician. That said, I am sure after 16 years, she came back to play with Mick, John, Stevie and Lindsey....and if she's not, well.....
Lastly, if this is true, Lindsey was spot on.....they destroyed the legacy (I think they did anyway, but I appreciate why other posters/fans disagree)
Old 05-17-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, this is why I can't believe that rumour. Also, it would be pretty stupid to bail at this point.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 05-17-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
The CBS debacle clearly showed how unhappy she was. At this point, I am sure contracts are done....at least for the US leg. But, perhaps there are out clauses baked in there. Another poster (Elle I think--if I am wrong, apologies) mentioned in another threat, perhaps John/Chris bail after the US leg. I do find it curious at this point, we don't have any international dates yet--at least London-half the band is British
I would love it if it were true....so many folks thought she sucked up the Lindsey situation because she couldn't possibly bail on them now....good on her if she did/is/threatening too.
I am sure is she enjoying playing with Neil... He's a talented musician. That said, I am sure after 16 years, she came back to play with Mick, John, Stevie and Lindsey....and if she's not, well.....
Lastly, if this is true, Lindsey was spot on.....they destroyed the legacy (I think they did anyway, but I appreciate why other posters/fans disagree)
So true. Run Christine, run!

Last edited by jwd; 05-17-2018 at 08:06 PM..
Old 05-17-2018, 08:19 PM
Ledgie

We are well on our way to seeing a Fleetwood Mac with only Stevie and Mick remaining from the Rumours lineup. They will run the brand into the ground and milk every penny they can get from it as long as they can. I fully expect John and Chris to leave after this tour. The magic is gone. FM will be on a double bill tour with remnants of another fractured classic rock act within the next few years.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
We are well on our way to seeing a Fleetwood Mac with only Stevie and Mick remaining from the Rumours lineup. They will run the brand into the ground and milk every penny they can get from it as long as they can. I fully expect John and Chris to leave after this tour. The magic is gone. FM will be on a double bill tour with remnants of another fractured classic rock act within the next few years.
Stevie could be the next lead singer of Journey and headline Classic East/West 2019! LOL
Old 05-17-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post

Mick and Stevie deserve each other. Nice legacy you two.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie or Christine?

Either way, what’s the source of that news? I’m excited to hear it, but I just need more details.

Matt