The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Am I missing something because I haven't read one of his tweets indicating Stevie or Christine are there at all. Waddy yes, but waddy works with many different people. I hope I'm missing something but I'm seeing nothing.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Am I missing something because I haven't read one of his tweets indicating Stevie or Christine are there at all. Waddy yes, but waddy works with many different people. I hope I'm missing something but I'm seeing nothing.
^^^I just grabbed everything from earlier (click the links below)...^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
could it be they are recording some (SN's) parts of the album in Nashville?

and that we will get that album before the tour after all? (pretty please let it be true..........)

Christine, Dave Stewart, Stevie and Waddy were all reportedly (or self-reportedly in DS case) flying to Nashville some time this morning.
Don't forget this is how we found out that Stevie was making a new record and that Dave was producing and we also found out from "Instagram" that FM was at the village...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Per Dave S's Facebook, he's spending a few weeks in Nashville. And speaking of Nashville, you lot may be interested in this from Instagram which was posted 15 hours ago. Thanks to @justlikehome on Twitter for finding it. The very top of the photograph is cropped but it was just addressed to the girl whose Instagram account it is. And yes, it DOES say Go Your Own Way.

So we have Dave, Waddy and apparently Christine in Nashville.

I lifted part of the thread from the "Stevie Section"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

Well this could be interesting...I wonder who else will be there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Maybe Stevie is recording some tunes with Lady A.
Quote:

Whatever Dave is up to it looks like he will be in Nashville for a while...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thanks for the info.I guess he loves it there.There is alot of music action there.I wonder if Stevie will get invited to join his circus.LOL...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 04-21-2014 at 11:39 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some how I missed that...Is it in the credits?...I know Waddy was a little upset Mick didn't ask him to join FM in addition to asking Stevie & Lindsey...
Yep. On the back cover of the original album. And on the cd packaging.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yep. On the back cover of the original album. And on the cd packaging.
I found it in the "Discographies" section here as well...Interesting little tidbit...
Old 04-22-2014, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine is probably quite sympathetic to Stevie's plight -after all, she recorded her contributions for the Time album in a different continent. I would love for them to truly bond during these Nashville sessions. A co-write or two would thrill me (even if the result was terrible).
I would imagine Christine might have a newfound respect for Stevie's work ethic and knowledge within the studio these days. Not so much of the flaky princess or "mad songwriter" methinks...
Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yea, those tweets give me nothing to feel confident about.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-22-2014, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok I just saw the one tweet has a picture of him and Stevie recording plus says off to Nashville WITH Stevie Nicks and Waddy Wachtel

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Ok I just saw the one tweet has a picture of him and Stevie recording plus says off to Nashville WITH Stevie Nicks and Waddy Wachtel
I still have to wonder if we aren't blowing this all out of proportion. Stevie could just be going to Nashville with Dave & Waddy to lay down some demos so she'll have fresh product to bring into Fleetwood Mac. That seems to be a pretty likely scenario. Perhaps Stevie has now heard Lindsey's & Christine's working tracks, and has an idea of the sound/theme of the record. Thus, she has been inspired to get her stuff ready to bring to the table.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I still have to wonder if we aren't blowing this all out of proportion. Stevie could just be going to Nashville with Dave & Waddy to lay down some demos so she'll have fresh product to bring into Fleetwood Mac. That seems to be a pretty likely scenario. Perhaps Stevie has now heard Lindsey's & Christine's working tracks, and has an idea of the sound/theme of the record. Thus, she has been inspired to get her stuff ready to bring to the table.
Does this sound familiar???
From the "Stevie" thread where it was questioned what they were doing at the Village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
So now I'm starting to think this studio time is more like making demos and working on Christine's chops with Lindsey more than something super serious.
Quote:
Studio time at The Village is mighty expensive for some demos...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Exactly!!!!!
I'm quite sure the cost of studio time at "Blackbird" is comparable to the "Village" and you're paying to fly an entourage from L.A.
If these are only demos they could be done at Stevie's house or the High Tower or somewhere closer to home and for a lot less money...
It's quite possible that Christine is there because she sensed an impending train wreck between SN & LB and stepped in and offered to help Stevie work on her songs instead of LB...
Old 04-22-2014, 10:15 AM

What happened was Lindsey said, "Stevie, it's time for me to work on your songs." And she said, "IN YOUR DREAMS!!"
Old 04-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
What happened was Lindsey said, "Stevie, it's time for me to work on your songs." And she said, "IN YOUR DREAMS!!"
Lindsey then replied "Go Your Own Way"
Old 04-22-2014, 10:25 AM

^^^And Christine looked at Lindsey with her big blue eyes and said, "Oh Daddy!"

jk Nicole..
Old 04-22-2014, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Dave did confirm to a some fans on FB via PM, that he was in Nashville to work on Stevie's tracks for upcoming "FM project". I don't understand why people are still in denial. I'm 99.9% certain that Dave will end up being credited (at minimum) "co-producer" on Stevie's FM tracks if this project is ever released - she's been pretty firm about having Dave produce the Mac if they were going to make another record since IYD. So at the very least she is going to get her way on her songs, and not have another SYW experience. It makes sense that Christine and the band, were at Village recorders, working out Christine's material, possibly Stevie left some of her demos as well. Now Stevie is picking up where the band left off, and adding her contributions based upon what has already been recorded, ahead of tour rehearsals. However, I still don't have faith FM will release anything until 2015.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Dave did confirm to a some fans on FB via PM, that he was in Nashville to work on Stevie's tracks for upcoming "FM project". I don't understand why people are still in denial. I'm 99.9% certain that Dave will end up being credited (at minimum) "co-producer" on Stevie's FM tracks if this project is ever released - she's been pretty firm about having Dave produce the Mac if they were going to make another record since IYD. So at the very least she is going to get her way on her songs, and not have another SYW experience. It makes sense that Christine and the band, were at Village recorders, working out Christine's material, possibly Stevie left some of her demos as well. Now Stevie is picking up where the band left off, and adding her contributions based upon what has already been recorded, ahead of tour rehearsals. However, I still don't have faith FM will release anything until 2015.
That is GREAT news
The big question is what will Lindsey's involvement with her songs ultimately be???
Old 04-22-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I'm not upset at all with any of the above. Whatever works best with her songs. She's dedicated and that's half the battle.