User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennGlenn View Post
... and Stevie has never said she doesn't drive, she said she doesnt have a license. I'd see her in a Jag and not a Porsche anyway!!!
Good point about her driving w/o a license. Seems I read somewhere that she did in fact at one time own a gold Jaguar...

I believe Walter Egan mentioned Stevie sideswiped some cars in the video shoot b/c she wanted to drive w/o her glasses. LOL
Old 12-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Good point about her driving w/o a license. Seems I read somewhere that she did in fact at one time own a gold Jaguar...

. LOL
She also has told a story about seeing the movie "Risky Business" on video tape at her home in Paradise Valley and calling up to have a red Porsche 944 delivered the very next morning, and they DID it! (I received the impression that her feeling was, "WOW i must be a big ROCK star or something now! " ) There also is a black and white photo of her standing next to a Mercedes, at her home. If i remember right her hand was on the door handle, implying ownership. She really did have that Mercedes Benz.

I'll try to post the photo a little later.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "That Mercedes Benz" . . . .

I just found the photo. This is one of my favorite photos of Stevie because it seems sort of "symbolic" of how she and Lindsey, after some struggling, finally became successful and got to be in "a big time rock-and-roll band."

Old 12-20-2007, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post

I just found the photo. This is one of my favorite photos of Stevie because it seems sort of "symbolic" of how she and Lindsey, after some struggling, finally became successful and got to be in "a big time rock-and-roll band."

Love this photo as well ..It was first seen in the Rolling Stone where Fleetwood Mac is on the cover in bed .

Old 12-20-2007, 05:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't she also used to own a Harley Davidson? I think I've read that somewhere.....

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 12-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Porsche she owned was, I believe inspired by the movie "Risky Business" -- the car in that movie was a 928

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I assume this is the house...

http://http://www.calendarlive.com/f...0,910734.venue

Also known as Kasteel Kamphuyzen, the 6,000-square-foot main house and 1,600-square-foot gatehouse are perched on the edge of a canyon in Beverly Hills. The castle was built in 1981 by Beverly Hills designer Mark Nixon and named for his business partner, Baron Herbert Hischemoeller van Kamphuyzen of the Netherlands. The structures, with stepped gables inspired by the 16th-century castles and townhouses of Holland, have been the scene of many civic, corporate and charitable galas. -- Cecilia Rasmussen

I wonder if this is the "Fantasyland" house?
Old 12-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post

Love this pic, Ghost Tracker. It's great!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Ghost_Tracker;734804]She also has told a story about seeing the movie "Risky Business" on video tape at her home in Paradise Valley and calling up to have a red Porsche 944 delivered the very next morning, and they DID it!QUOTE]

Here's how it went down, according to the Courtney Love/Stevie interview from 'Spin' magazine some years back:

CL: I had a Learjet phase for a little bit, but I couldn’t really afford it. While we’re on the subject, tell me about your rose Porsche.

SN: Me and a bunch of my friends were in my house in Phoenix, we were up all night doing lots of cocaine and watching that movie Risky Business. That’s one of my favorites. And I just made a call and that Porsche was delivered.

CL: You said "I want a rose Porsche"?

SN: I said, I want the same Porsche that’s in Risky Business.

CL: There’s a Porsche in Risky Business?

SN: Yes, there is. And I bought it. That morning.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennGlenn View Post
seeing as she has never driven and there were no cell phones in the 1980s that really takes some imagining.

There were cell phones int eh 80s, I had the Motorola Brick in the mid-80s and Stevie has never said she doesn't drive, she said she doesnt have a license. I'd see her in a Jag and not a Porsche anyway!!!
So you're saying she drove around back in the day with no license and amouts of coke and booze in her system that would make Ms. Hilton and Lohan and Mel Gibson look like Sunday school teachers and never once got busted?? allllrighty,

Old 12-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
No, that house was described as a "1927 two-story, Spanish-style abode". Here is the link.

If Stevie bought the colonial house in June 2005, then it must be the one she talks about in that Australian interview, which was issued in December 2005. It says:

"Like a true gypsy, Stevie moves often (on tour she often changes rooms in the same hotel after a while) and is actually leaving this home for a new house two blocks away, where every room, she says, will be recreated as it is here.
"This house was a great bachelorette house, but there's a not enough privacy if I want to have a man here, or friends to stay, or my family. We would all be on top of each other. I have god-daughters and a niece I adore, and I want to have them with me." "

And it turns out the move wasn't what she thought it would be:
"Nicks has lived here for two years, and it was a mistake, she says, from day one. So she is moving to a penthouse apartment on the beach and the house is on the market.
'I saw it, and there was this big family living here that obviously loved it. So there was a vibe here. And something in me thought, maybe I can have that. I was not here three days before I thought, what the hell do I here? I was too shallow and stupid to realise that it wasn't the house I'd fallen in love with but the mom and the dad and the four kids, and the smells of the cooking.' "
link

It seems rather sad that she expected a bunch of friends and family to join her at the big new house. . . and no one showed up? And then she winds up in an apartment, which is surely smaller than the Spanish house. None of this makes any sense to me. What does Stevie want from life?
I wonder if this was the house that she lived in when she wrote 'Rock a Little'? The one where she described the loud crashing of the waves that literally rocked the house? Is this the house where the garage caught fire ('Fire Burning')? Is this the house that's near Steven Speilberg's?
Old 12-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
I wonder if this was the house that she lived in when she wrote 'Rock a Little'? The one where she described the loud crashing of the waves that literally rocked the house? Is this the house where the garage caught fire ('Fire Burning')? Is this the house that's near Steven Speilberg's?
I thought the place she wrote "Rock a Little" in was a 2 bedroom condo in Marina del Rey. I don't know...I thought so.

I also thought that when she was writing about the "Fire Burning" house it was when she lived on Doheny Dr in the late 70s.

I'm probably wrong though.

Jim
Old 12-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I wonder if this is the "Fantasyland" house?

I know this was "Castle Studios". The house that she moved into and turned the formal dining room into a recording studio for The Other Side Of The Mirror.

Jim

What's the Fantasyland house you guys?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
I know this was "Castle Studios". The house that she moved into and turned the formal dining room into a recording studio for The Other Side Of The Mirror.

Jim

What's the Fantasyland house you guys?
She's moved too much. This is getting so confusing.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
I thought the place she wrote "Rock a Little" in was a 2 bedroom condo in Marina del Rey.
That was the one. It was a powder blue condo right on the beach. If I can find my old picture of it (taken October 2, 1983, the afternoon of Stevie's show at the Forum), I'll post it.