User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
So what is the reason Steves & Chris didn't really work together??? Lindsey+Chris/ Lindsey+Stevie/ but no Stevie + Chris...Did LB not want "the girls" ganging up on him??? Or was it just his control freak attitude...
They sung together all of the time. They probably didn't sing more duets, because usually a male/female contrast works better on songs, if you have both sexes in your band.

How exactly were they going to write together? Have Christine write music for Stevie's lyrics when she's not even into those types of words?? I don't get the impression that Stevie's demos inspired Christine to write anything (i.e. her description of Dreams as bland or comment that many of Stevie's songs were rubbish, even though the words sounded great together, even if she think they made sense) and she says she only wrote when she was needed anyway. No one ever needed her to write on Stevie's stuff. Christine added her keyboard part and arrangements to Stevie's songs and Stevie has said she contributed a line (Oh Daddy) or made Lindsey sing back up with her on some of Christine's songs. She couldn't add to Christine's songs musically. That's about all the collaboration they were capable of, given their different talents.

Michele
Old 11-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But she frequently said that the audience was really accepting of the FM line up without Lindsey too and said that they didn't notice that he was not there.

She didn't say she had personally grown and got to be more feminine without him around though, so that's a difference between them.

Michele
I had far off nosebleeds for the first Tango/Billy show, and it took me half the show(hey, I was very young!) to figure out that it wasn't Lindsey. The look was so similar....

Lindsey has always been plenty feminine on his own, and there was probably less estrogen on stage, when he left!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I had far off nosebleeds for the first Tango/Billy show, and it took me half the show(hey, I was very young!) to figure out that it wasn't Lindsey. The look was so similar....

Lindsey has always been plenty feminine on his own, and there was probably less estrogen on stage, when he left!
I once told a joke, "from a scale of Christine McVie to Lindsey Buckingham, how masculine or feminine are you?"

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 11-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's NEVER looked feminine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BGYST9PCQAAScVt.jpg (41.6 KB, 30 views)
Old 11-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey was much more feminine in his younger days than he is now. But he was pretty girly. I didn't hold it against him. I didn't think he was less attractive.

Also creatively a song like Hold Me sounds fairly feminine and more so because of Lindsey than otherwise.

Michele
Old 11-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He was plain hot in the tusk era--and I suppose that hotness involves a softening of his appearance. I noticed the feminine touches a lot more in the 80s from Law and Order right through Tango...
Old 11-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I once told a joke, "from a scale of Christine McVie to Lindsey Buckingham, how masculine or feminine are you?"
I'll bet Christine could kick his ass!

I love that scale!

And oh god, on the Tusk doc, when he's singing WATL, and has his arm flat, with his hand behind his neck. Gayest straight man I've ever seen!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And oh god, on the Tusk doc, when he's singing WATL, and has his arm flat, with his hand behind his neck. Gayest straight man I've ever seen!
Completely true. And, as a totally straight guy, I have to admit that he's drop dead gorgeous in that fragment, even to me.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it was SMAP, unfortunately.

if it was WATL, i would probably consider that vid snippet the hottest thing ever, but now i have to look at it without the tone.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it was SMAP, unfortunately.

if it was WATL, i would probably consider that vid snippet the hottest thing ever, but now i have to look at it without the tone.
It's been a minute or 1000 since I've seen it.

Even though I now have it on DVD.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's been a minute or 1000 since I've seen it.

Even though I now have it on DVD.
mixing SMAP and WATL no matter when you saw it? inconceivable!

is DVD you got any good? i have a really crappy version of the tusk doc that i can't stand to watch.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
mixing SMAP and WATL no matter when you saw it? inconceivable!

is DVD you got any good? i have a really crappy version of the tusk doc that i can't stand to watch.
I've lost a few brain cells over the years....intentionally!

It's a pretty good copy from the VHS. And WAY better than my VHS copy. A fellow(former) Ledgie made it for me, and gave it to me this past summer.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes it was SMAP. Now I typed the most gay sentence ever in my life, and nor Elle, nor Homer responds.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Yes it was SMAP. Now I typed the most gay sentence ever in my life, and nor Elle, nor Homer responds.

awww. well, he is undeniably-off-the-charts hot in that video - so i guess most would have to agree with you.

Last edited by elle; 11-01-2013 at 07:42 PM..
Old 11-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really have to watch the Tusk doc again.

I like Lindsey's 80s look more and more. He just needs to stay off the eyeliner.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie