User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
I found this on YouTube from Sarzana the 19th of november, the night after the Milan gig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ5qy...eature=related
There are a few more video clips from the Sarzana show in the "Related Videos" box featured on that YouTube page.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
There are a few more video clips from the Sarzana show in the "Related Videos" box featured on that YouTube page.
Thanks, Moose and Sharksfan . These particular clips have great sound quality.
It's great with Youtube clips, though I'm hoping more audio recordings from this tour surface. Ledge members can't be expected to cover all concerts, we need outside help! Here's hoping for new gigs in the new year, I guess none have been announced yet?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The thrill has gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Thanks, Moose and Sharksfan . These particular clips have great sound quality.
It's great with Youtube clips, though I'm hoping more audio recordings from this tour surface. Ledge members can't be expected to cover all concerts, we need outside help! Here's hoping for new gigs in the new year, I guess none have been announced yet?
Yes those particular clips are very good soundwise. There are some clips on Youtube from the Hamburg concert on the 9th of november that have a nice quality to it even though the picture is not very clear. There is a series of clips from the same concert. I also feel that it would be nice to have a more professional audio and film coverage of the tour. I wonder if it is being done?Do you know anything about that, Mario?

It would also be great if more shows were announced in the new year - I think our american friends here on The Ledge would be made up if PG & F were going to The States. But I think they need a good long rest now....I saw them in Copenhagen the night before the Hamburg gig and they seemed tired. This also comes through in the Hamburg clips I think. Am I only one who thinks his singing was better a few months ago?

Here is a clip from Hamburg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Rz5EJzQlY

Wonderful solo's on this one. The very end is so cool!

Ms Moose
Old 12-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
It is a very nice trait that he is actually taking an interest in the people who admires his music, isn't it? And you are doing a lot to further interest in PG and his music, Mario, so....Thanks for sharing it.

How do you feel about the meeting now when there is some distance?

"The friends" seem to protect him a lot more from the public, than it was the case in Splintergroup. He was very (too) exposed to all kinds of fans then(IMO). Martin Celmins actually writes about this in the biography. Even if your health is super-duper brilliant this constant exposure must be hell. If you are a bit fragile it must feel like an impingement.

I found this on YouTube from Sarzana the 19th of november, the night after the Milan gig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ5qy...eature=related

Enjoy!

Ms Moose
Well, I'm still thinking about our meeting as a positive one. Peter was very relaxed and enjoying a cup of tea.
He was ok and very interested in all the photo I did show to him-

The Friends being very protective? I don't have an answer to this question really.All I can say is that they invited me backstage at any italian show and that only my wife, myself and two friends of mine were allowed to meet Peter. Both Mike Dodd and his wife Sara gave me really a great time and thanked me for being such a loyal fan!

And the man was fine!

Cheers,

Mario.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Well, I'm still thinking about our meeting as a positive one. Peter was very relaxed and enjoying a cup of tea.
He was ok and very interested in all the photo I did show to him-

The Friends being very protective? I don't have an answer to this question really.All I can say is that they invited me backstage at any italian show and that only my wife, myself and two friends of mine were allowed to meet Peter. Both Mike Dodd and his wife Sara gave me really a great time and thanked me for being such a loyal fan!

And the man was fine!

Cheers,

Mario.
Thank you, that sounds great, Mario! I am also happy that you found that PG was OK. I suppose with his track record it is easy to worry about his health.

What I meant with regard to the Splintergroup era is that he was out signing and meeting fans after every show then, and I think it is a good thing that he is not doing that anymore. That the people around him are more selective now with regard to who meets him and so on. I think that is better.

Stay Green

Ms Moose