Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbug
it's not really fair to make all these assumptions about christine unless somebody has another picture of her from exactly the same angle. faces can look very different from one angle to another, and on top of that, there is the airbrushing, bright lighting, and she's smiling. so, its no wonder her ITM cover look differs from some awards show photo with harsh lighting and little or no makeup. and that ITM image is tiny and lo-res.
Exactly, if you look at Stevie's angle on SYW cover it looks nothing like her.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
And you're telling me this looks like Stevie?

http://www.angelfire.com/music/Stevi...s/nickshot.gif
And yet, if you showed that pic to anyone who's at least remotely familiar with her, I bet they'd say, "that's Stevie Nicks."
But if someone had removed Christine's name from the 'Meantime' cover, and then asked fans on this board who it was, I bet we'd have all been scratching our heads.

And I think that's the point most people are trying to make... that airbrushed or not, it's hard to recognize that lady as being Christine McVie.
But again, that's only going by this small little jpg... the full-sized version could end up being a completely different story. And the whole thing really is being blown out of proportion.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
And yet, if you showed that pic to anyone who's at least remotely familiar with her, I bet they'd say, "that's Stevie Nicks."
But if someone had removed Christine's name from the 'Meantime' cover, and then asked fans on this board who it was, I bet we'd have all been scratching our heads.
I highly doubt that. Christine looks more like Christine on her new cover than Stevie looks like Stevie in that pic.

But, like I've said a million times to no avail, reserve judgement until you see the actual freakin' cover, everyone.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:35 PM

Quote:

And I think that's the point most people are trying to make... that airbrushed or not, it's hard to recognize that lady as being Christine McVie.
But again, that's only going by this small little jpg... the full-sized version could end up being a completely different story. And the whole thing really is being blown out of proportion.
Hey Johnny, I know someone who has an advance copy of "Meantime" they stated that the full pic looks a lot more like her.

If you cut out the stevie on the cover of SYW and said who is this I might not think it was Stevie. The angle of people's face does change perception.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
]If you cut out the stevie on the cover of SYW and said who is this I might not think it was Stevie. The angle of people's face does change perception.
I don't get it- She looks the same as always on the SYW cover. How could you not recognize her?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 04-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My word. Wait until you see the actual booklet or at least a better picture. Her skin looks pretty bleached out on that one, gimme a break.

And you're telling me this looks like Stevie?

http://www.angelfire.com/music/Stevi...s/nickshot.gif

Ha, I was born at night, but it certainly wasn't last night.
Sure, she doesb't look natural, but that still looks like Stevie to me...

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 04-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Sure, she doesb't look natural, but that still looks like Stevie to me...
Then you must be on something. She looks like a totally different person.

Old 04-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I highly doubt that. Christine looks more like Christine on her new cover than Stevie looks like Stevie in that pic.
Hmm, if you think that little 'Meantime' pic looks more like Christine, than that 'Dance' pic looks like Stevie, then I'd be inclined to suggest you need glasses (or at least a new prescription)!
I mean, I see your argument that Stevie is heavily touched-up there (and a little too much so)... but, again, she's at least still recognizable as "Stevie Nicks."

But I thoroughly agree with you, that everyone should reserve judgement on Christine's album cover.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Hey Johnny, I know someone who has an advance copy of "Meantime" they stated that the full pic looks a lot more like her.
I suspected that all along. It really is nearly impossible to gauge something from such a tiny, low-quality pic. I think it was just a shock to most everyone, and that's why it's gotten the reaction it has.

An advance copy, eh? Is it wrong for me to ask what the music sounds like?
That subject interests me far more than an album cover ever could.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmm, if you think that little 'Meantime' pic looks more like Christine, than that 'Dance' pic looks like Stevie, then I'd be inclined to suggest you need glasses (or at least a new prescription)!
I mean, I see your argument that Stevie is heavily touched-up there (and a little too much so)... but, again, she's at least still recognizable as "Stevie Nicks."
I paid $250 for these frames, I won't get new ones until I'm 80.

And, no, I do not think she's recognizable as Stevie Nicks. If you were to cut her face out of that picture and show it to hardcore fans who had never seen it, they'd probably ask if it was taken at the Night of 1000 Stevie's.

Old 04-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
Hey, glad it made you laugh. I'm a real sucker for animals, especially dogs. Actually, I like them better than people a lot of times.
I can dig that!

Except I would word it "...MOST of the time!"
Old 04-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And, no, I do not think she's recognizable as Stevie Nicks. If you were to cut her face out of that picture and show it to hardcore fans who had never seen it, they'd probably ask if it was taken at the Night of 1000 Stevie's.
I'd be more than willing to take you up on that challenge, if I actually went anywhere! But then, I might win a little too easily... so it's not entirely fair.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's the pic close-up.
And the album is pretty good I have to say.

Old 04-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Here's the pic close-up.
And the album is pretty good I have to say.
What?!

You! But you're not even her biggest fan!

(Kidding.)

Does it sound like Chris of the old or is she going to a new direction? Is that too much of a spoiler? Or did you just pull my leg here with the pic and all?

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 04-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Now see, THAT'S Christine McVie!!!
And she looks so cute there.

Oh, and might I add that I'm beyond jealous that you've already heard the album, Sharon!
Old 04-30-2004, 04:21 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.