Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Yeah, I saw that but I couldn't grab the video file that way...

John
Since I have these on my computer, how can I mail them to you? Not trying to be clueless, but I'm not too familiar with new computers. The last one I used before this one was an IBM from like the early '80s!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Angel Come Home video is hilarious! Both Billy and Mick make terrific gunslingin' cowboys.

I Want You Back may be the weirdest video I've ever seen, but it had a funny little storyline. Question: was that Stevie doing a cameo near the end, or just a Stevie look-alike?

And Don't Say No is a wonderful song. I could play that one over and over.....

Thanks again!

Last edited by OldTimer; 11-12-2009 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: Title-crossing with Rumours era (rolls eyes)
Old 11-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Angel Come Home video is hilarious! Both Billy and Mick make terrific gunslingin' cowboys.

I Want You Back may be the weirdest video I've ever seen, but it had a funny little storyline. Question: was that Stevie doing a cameo near the end, or just a Stevie look-alike?

Thanks again!
Yes, that WAS Stevie.

Why Fleetwood Mac didn't incorporate "Don't Say No" into their concert set while Billy was in the band just boggles my mind...that drumbeat just screams for Mick to play it!
Old 11-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!
Glad you like the vids! That was definitely Stevie!! I guess she felt she owed it to Mick since he was in part of the vid for "If Anyone Falls".
Old 11-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Since I have these on my computer, how can I mail them to you? Not trying to be clueless, but I'm not too familiar with new computers. The last one I used before this one was an IBM from like the early '80s!
No problem...

1. Go to sendspace.com

2. Click the "browse" buttom halfway down the middle of the page and select the Angle Come Home video file from your computer.

3. C lick in the box next to the "I have read and agree to the terms of service." blurb below the optional e mail fields (which is beneath the browse button line).

4. Then click the "Upload file" button just below that.

After a few minutes the file will be uploaded onto their servers (you'll see how long it will take, it will countdown to zero, it can depend on how long but it shouldn't take too long for a 3 minute video).

When it's done, you'll see a blue link appear where the countdown was going on, copy and paste that link into a post here, then we can get it (though it'll only be up for about a week or so).

Thanks in advance for your invaluable help on this, I was so upset when I heard MTV2 played ACL last year and I missed it so this can now take care of that.

John
Old 11-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Unfortunately! Well, I guess I can't do much about it. I tried uploading it with 3 different names to the track and they still disabled it.
Although they have disabled the videos on the Official Lindsey Buckingham YouTube page too for copyright infringement so your videos probably don't stand a chance...
Old 11-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
No problem...

1. Go to sendspace.com

2. Click the "browse" buttom halfway down the middle of the page and select the Angle Come Home video file from your computer.

3. C lick in the box next to the "I have read and agree to the terms of service." blurb below the optional e mail fields (which is beneath the browse button line).

4. Then click the "Upload file" button just below that.

After a few minutes the file will be uploaded onto their servers (you'll see how long it will take, it will countdown to zero, it can depend on how long but it shouldn't take too long for a 3 minute video).

When it's done, you'll see a blue link appear where the countdown was going on, copy and paste that link into a post here, then we can get it (though it'll only be up for about a week or so).

Thanks in advance for your invaluable help on this, I was so upset when I heard MTV2 played ACL last year and I missed it so this can now take care of that.

John
Here's the page for "Angel Come Home".
http://www.sendspace.com/file/75busp
And for "I Want You Back"
http://www.sendspace.com/file/08n0pu

Last edited by holidayroad; 11-13-2009 at 09:02 AM..
Old 11-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Although they have disabled the videos on the Official Lindsey Buckingham YouTube page too for copyright infringement so your videos probably don't stand a chance...
I had seen that! Unfair!!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Here's the page for "Angel Come Home".
http://www.sendspace.com/file/75busp
And for "I Want You Back"
http://www.sendspace.com/file/08n0pu
Got it! Great! Thanks very much for that.

John
Old 11-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You're so welcome! Anyone interested in a link for the Billy Burnette vids?
Old 11-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyone interested in a link for the Billy Burnette vids?
You bet! Billy had such a fun personality in his performances (still does, from what I've seen ). I'd love to see more.

I know the rest of youse guys have probably seen all these before, but please humour me.....I lost track of the band from the mid-eighties to the early nineties (sidetracked by silly things like getting married, having kids, getting divorced, buying a house, fixing up said house, yada yada) -- so when I discovered youtube and started tracking down vids of my favorite old band, I was surprised to see two new faces on the '87 videos. (Kind of like leafing through a family album and discovering cousins you never knew you had ) So yeah, I'm still having fun learning about this period of Mac history, and the players involved. Any tidbits are appreciated.

Any pre-Mac Rick Vito videos? I've seen Seger's Like a Rock video with Rick, but aren't there any videos where he's with Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, or Roger McGuinn?

Thanks again for sharing these...............
Old 11-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You bet! Billy had such a fun personality in his performances (still does, from what I've seen ). I'd love to see more.

I know the rest of youse guys have probably seen all these before, but please humour me.....I lost track of the band from the mid-eighties to the early nineties (sidetracked by silly things like getting married, having kids, getting divorced, buying a house, fixing up said house, yada yada) -- so when I discovered youtube and started tracking down vids of my favorite old band, I was surprised to see two new faces on the '87 videos. (Kind of like leafing through a family album and discovering cousins you never knew you had ) So yeah, I'm still having fun learning about this period of Mac history, and the players involved. Any tidbits are appreciated.

Any pre-Mac Rick Vito videos? I've seen Seger's Like a Rock video with Rick, but aren't there any videos where he's with Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, or Roger McGuinn?

Thanks again for sharing these...............
Here are the links to download:
Don't Say No http://www.sendspace.com/file/jnhzg6
In Just A Heartbeat http://www.sendspace.com/file/gcqbon

These are Billy solo from the early eighties. During the next week, I can put up vids from FMac with Billy/Rick such as "As Long As You Follow" and "Save Me". I am unsure whether I have any pre-FMac for Rick. I'll check! I'm happy to share my videos with others because I know how hard some of it can be to find and I know what it's like to want it!
Old 11-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I notice that the audio has been disabled on the Go Insane clip
Someone else at youtube sent me a "Go Insane" vid that has audio. I have it under favorites on my page. They had send another that quickly became unavailable, so all I can say is that it worked as of 10:50am Eastern Standard Time. Sunday!

Last edited by holidayroad; 11-15-2009 at 10:58 AM..
Old 11-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If anyone wants a specific video uploaded, please post it here. I am happy to share!!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here's a link to a really good upload of 'Save Me'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-8VIAZh9j0
Old 11-17-2009, 09:28 AM
holidayroad
This message has been deleted by holidayroad.