Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
No one minds you don't like Neil Finn or his music... it's the unnecessary bashing you admit to that might be the issue to some folks. I think you and some others may have some misdirected anger towards him. LB was going to be kicked out, period. Did they wait to do it publicly until they had a replacement? Seems like it. If it hadn't been Neil, would it have been somebody else? Yes. I can't blame the guy for being excited about joining FM, if they asked me to I sure would, no matter who I was replacing! Referring to Neil Finn as "this Crowded House guy" (and twice in one post, no less), comes across as a little silly, but I understand you're angry, frustrated, etc. But why not direct your feelings toward the members who kicked LB out, and not the guy who you say is "weird?"

I'm curious about something, sincerely: you seem ok with Mike Campbell joining because he has "deep rock roots." That implies to me that maybe if FM has replaced LB with someone you approved of, you would give the band a chance. Is that accurate, or do you think it wouldn't have mattered who they replaced LB with, you'd never give the band a chance?
You are funny
Neither is true. I don't approve of Campbell replacing Lindsey either. Crowded House is one of the worst new wave pop bands I have ever heard in my life. I said that before Lindsey was fired and I say that now. I am sorry if that bothers people. Calling him the Crowded House guy is hardly bashing someone. I sometimes forget his name as I am typing (is the real reason).
Oh I surely direct my feelings towards all members of Fleetwood Mac especially Stevie and Mick. They are to blame for Lindsey's firing. I don't blame the Crowded House guy at all. Good for him. Its an exciting thing for him. I don't care for his music or his voice but it really does not matter who they replace Lindsey with. Talking about Crowded House music is really just an afterthought.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You are funny
Neither is true. I don't approve of Campbell replacing Lindsey either. Crowded House is one of the worst new wave pop bands I have ever heard in my life. I said that before Lindsey was fired and I say that now. I am sorry if that bothers people. Calling him the Crowded House guy is hardly bashing someone. I sometimes forget his name as I am typing (is the real reason).
Oh I surely direct my feelings towards all members of Fleetwood Mac especially Stevie and Mick. They are to blame for Lindsey's firing. I don't blame the Crowded House guy at all. Good for him. Its an exciting thing for him. I don't care for his music or his voice but it really does not matter who they replace Lindsey with. Talking about Crowded House music is really just an afterthought.
I wasn't trying to be funny, but I appreciate your honest answers I do think it's interesting you and some other folks are specifically holding Stevie and Mick responsible. It was a 5 member band. According to your scenario, Stevie and Mick wanted Lindsey out. Why are Christine and John not as responsible? You said "especially Stevie and Mick. They are to blame for Lindsey's firing." Let's say I accept your speculation and Stevie and Mick are to blame for Lindsey's firing- Christine and John have a voice in all this.

Frankly, I think it's almost funny that no one is as outraged at Christine as they are at Stevie and Mick. Christine just recorded an album with Lindsey and went on a several month tour with him, they were blowing kisses at each other and talking about how great and wonderful their collaboration was and appeared on several tv shows together. Maybe John and Christine felt intimidated by Stevie and were afraid to speak up? Maybe they wanted Lindsey out? Maybe there's a lot we don't know.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I wasn't trying to be funny, but I appreciate your honest answers I do think it's interesting you and some other folks are specifically holding Stevie and Mick responsible. It was a 5 member band. According to your scenario, Stevie and Mick wanted Lindsey out. Why are Christine and John not as responsible? You said "especially Stevie and Mick. They are to blame for Lindsey's firing." Let's say I accept your speculation and Stevie and Mick are to blame for Lindsey's firing- Christine and John have a voice in all this.

Frankly, I think it's almost funny that no one is as outraged at Christine as they are at Stevie and Mick. Christine just recorded an album with Lindsey and went on a several month tour with him, they were blowing kisses at each other and talking about how great and wonderful their collaboration was and appeared on several tv shows together. Maybe John and Christine felt intimidated by Stevie and were afraid to speak up? Maybe they wanted Lindsey out? Maybe there's a lot we don't know.
No no. All 4 are to blame and Christine breaks my heart the most. She just said she loves Lindsey like a brother during one of her interviews on the Buck/Vie tour. They love to play together and enjoy each other so much. Christine mouths almost every word that Lindsey sings. The betrayal of her shocks me.
I know you are smart. The Stevie/Lindsey saga has went on for 40 years. What I don't get is how so many paint Stevie as some victim. She is one of the most power women in rock and has one of the most successful careers in the music industry. She is NOT a helpless victim that so many make her out to be. Stevie refused to join Fleetwood Mac in the studio and made up fairy tales that I know you are smart enough to not believe. She does not get along with Lindsey and vice versa. There is no doubt in my mind Stevie threw down the gauntlet and said I will not tour with Lindsey. She made up a story about not recording with Lindsey but she cant use that same story about not selling tickets because everyone knows the tour will sell tickets. Several months ago Lindsey was the MOST optimistic about Fleetwood Mac's future saying there were many more tours coming. Mick was not so sure but Lindsey did not want to call it quits. The same Stevie that refused to come into the studio with Lindsey also refused to go on the road with Lindsey. Yes they fight and they both do unfair stuff to each other. If the Mac fired Stevie over Lindsey my point would be exactly the same. I am not the one with the double standard. This is wrong and it needs to be called out. Christine is gutless just like she was with Bob Welch. She betrayed her musical mentor and dream guitarist. I mention Mick and Stevie because I expect this from them the most. I don't get it when you say there is lots we don't know. Really? Stevie lied to get out of recording with Fleetwood Mac. She kept extending her tour to not deal with it. Then she went on vacation for 3 months. The SAME reason she did what she did about the album is the SAME reason she did this with the tour. There is no mystery here.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-11-2018 at 05:45 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 05:43 PM
Ledgie

Of course they'll play The Chain. That baseline is John's iconic moment to shine! They've gotta to it!

Fleetwood Mac is a chain with links going every which way and some rusted and falling off... They've played the song without Lindsey and they've played the song without Christine. (I have no idea what the setlist was on their county fair circuit days, but they probably played it then too...). Regardless, I'm sure the band is more concerned with the fact that the general public are going to expect the song than they are concerned with whether it's lyrically a little silly to sing about never breaking the chain after giving your longtime guitarist the boot.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default The Chain

The Chain can't get axed. What else would they open with after doing it for the last twenty plus years?

And having to drop some of the other Lindsey songs isn't a bad thing...Big Love is just such a pain to get through anymore.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No no. All 4 are to blame and Christine breaks my heart the most. She just said she loves Lindsey like a brother during one of her interviews on the Buck/Vie tour. They love to play together and enjoy each other so much. Christine mouths almost every word that Lindsey sings. The betrayal of her shocks me.
I know you are smart. The Stevie/Lindsey saga has went on for 40 years. What I don't get is how so many paint Stevie as some victim. She is one of the most power women in rock and has one of the most successful careers in the music industry. She is NOT a helpless victim that so many make her out to be. Stevie refused to join Fleetwood Mac in the studio and made up fairy tales that I know you are smart enough to not believe. She does not get along with Lindsey and vice versa. There is no doubt in my mind Stevie threw down the gauntlet and said I will not tour with Lindsey. She made up a story about not recording with Lindsey but she cant use that same story about not selling tickets because everyone knows the tour will sell tickets. Several months ago Lindsey was the MOST optimistic about Fleetwood Mac's future saying there were many more tours coming. Mick was not so sure but Lindsey did not want to call it quits. The same Stevie that refused to come into the studio with Lindsey also refused to go on the road with Lindsey. Yes they fight and they both do unfair stuff to each other. If the Mac fired Stevie over Lindsey my point would be exactly the same. I am not the one with the double standard. This is wrong and it needs to be called out. Christine is gutless just like she was with Bob Welch. She betrayed her musical mentor and dream guitarist. I mention Mick and Stevie because I expect this from them the most. I don't get it when you say there is lots we don't know. Really? Stevie lied to get out of recording with Fleetwood Mac. She kept extending her tour to not deal with it. Then she went on vacation for 3 months. The SAME reason she did what she did about the album is the SAME reason she did this with the tour. There is no mystery here.
This. This. This. Exactly. I'm more mad at Christine(my favorite, for anyone who just moved here) than anyone. What a spineless jellyfish! I allowed her(in my mind) to keep Bob out of the r&rhof, but this is too much. She's either spineless, or a money grubbing, back stabbing bitch like the rest of them.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She's either spineless, or a money grubbing, back stabbing bitch like the rest of them.
Or she may be none of the above. We have yet to hear Christine speak on the matter and give her version of the story.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This. This. This. Exactly. I'm more mad at Christine(my favorite, for anyone who just moved here) than anyone. What a spineless jellyfish! I allowed her(in my mind) to keep Bob out of the r&rhof, but this is too much. She's either spineless, or a money grubbing, back stabbing bitch like the rest of them.
or out-voted.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
The Chain can't get axed. What else would they open with after doing it for the last twenty plus years?

And having to drop some of the other Lindsey songs isn't a bad thing...Big Love is just such a pain to get through anymore.
Just for one tour I wanted them to plug that song in and just let it bleed. Oh well. Maybe on the next Fleetwood Mac Reunion/Farewell tour.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
or out-voted.
Then she should have quit with his firing.

They've got plenty of money. Do another Buck Vie album, and tour doing that for the rest of your days.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
We have yet to hear Christine speak on the matter and give her version of the story.
If she's with them, then we have heard her speak.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Crowded House is one of the worst new wave pop bands I have ever heard in my life.
Huh? Maybe it’s the aspie in me or we have a different idea of what New Wave is, but Crowded House was mainstream pop at its finest. “Something So Strong” is could have easily been a Christine McVie song, and “Don’t Dream It’s Over” is pure pop perfection. Split Enz, OTOH, were New Wave, to be sure.

How bad could he suck? He received an OBE. To put that into context, none of the other Brits have been awarded an OBE, even with their storied career.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Just for one tour I wanted them to plug that song in and just let it bleed. Oh well. Maybe on the next Fleetwood Mac Reunion/Farewell tour.
I hope there is one---with the 5 divas in place where they should be.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A lot of their early work was considered new wave. Of course they were pop. I don't like them, sorry if it bothers you. I never liked any of their music. Look at their Wikipedia page. It also classifies them as new wave/pop. I was a teenager in the late 80s and there were lots of crappy British new wave acts that were one hit wonders similar to Crowded House. Its not my cup of tea. Sorry. Perhaps they should have also hired the guitarist from Madness. Then they could have played OUR HOUSE IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR STREET right after Sara... when you build your house call me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowded_House

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-12-2018 at 07:36 AM..
Old 04-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
If she's with them, then we have heard her speak.
I suppose most people here have seen it, but anyway--on Mick's Twitter page on Mar 29 he posted a fairly recent pic of him and Christine with a caption about old friends being gold or something. In hindsight that may have been his way of expressing gratitude to Christine and of signaling to everybody, presumably including Lindsey, where her loyalties lay. Sadly that post says it all.

My copy of the BuckVie CD is going the way of my FM CDs to the used CD shop. I am probably the only one in my country to have a copy

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 04-12-2018 at 07:46 AM..