Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sydney Concerts Thread

OK!! I'm now in Sydney, such a beautiful city!

The big concert tomorrow in ACER ARENA! So who's going??

Plus who went to the Hunter Valley concert??

OH and i've been looking around the city looking for where the band might be staying! Anyone have any ideas??

Old 12-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Im going to Sydney tonight! 5th row. I also went to Hunter Valley, although i was a little drunk so some of it is a bit blurry. im remaining completely sober tonight tho!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Be prepared......

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustboi View Post
Im going to Sydney tonight! 5th row. I also went to Hunter Valley, although i was a little drunk so some of it is a bit blurry. im remaining completely sober tonight tho!
Be prepared to go to the front of the stage @ 19:50 hrs local time.

Either go to the middle of the stage, or, my favourite, eight feet to the left of Stevies mike,

local security will try to keep you away from the stage before 19:50 hrs.......

until Dean, (head of security for the band), informs the head of the local security that the band want people allowed up to the front of the stage, so.....

best locations, (imho),

#1) .... 8 feet to the left of Stevies mike, (between the speakers),

#2) .... 6 feet to the right of Lindsey's mike, (between the speakers, &, in front Sharon, Jana, &, Lori),

#3) .... dead centre, between Stevie, &, Lindsey's mikes, (DavidMn's preferred location),

So, as my bf's son said last night, it's better to go do it, &, be successful, than to not do it, and wish you had, (what are they gonna do, send you back to your seat),

BTW .... THIS HAS WORKED for me TEN OUT OF TEN TIMES in North America, &, The UK.......

Go for it......

g.

Last edited by Edgeof27; 12-06-2009 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: '
Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post
OK!! I'm now in Sydney, such a beautiful city!
OH and i've been looking around the city looking for where the band might be staying! Anyone have any ideas??
Do you think the 5 star hotel manager will say to Stevie when she checks in: "Lady traveler, leave the room the way it was?"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9cf8c8dc2fd82c8252e0fd9c417a9800.jpg (65.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg wkg29d.jpg (54.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 12-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Got back last night but didnt have internet access so its now the following morning. It was absolutely bloody brilliant. They didn't let people up to the stage until the end of Monday Morning so there was a bit of a mad dash when they finally let people go up. I managed to get in between Stevie and Lindsay (with a few people in front of me) but manaaged to work my way directly to the stage for SS directly in front of Stevie. I was absolutely blown away by SS, her enthusiasm was like I havent seen her in years. I love it when she pulls the microphone back when she's really getting into it! She did that a few times last night. When I compare last night to when I saw them on the SYW tour, it kind of pi**es all over it in terms of Stevie's energy, she was so into it and clearly having a great time. There was a group of other young people I was stood with who were loving it, and S & L were equally loving it back! BTW, if anyone of those people are posters on here then let me know because I was loving your craziness!

I was also blown away by GDW which is also a huge improvement from the SYW tour, in fact Stevie's vocals generally are much better. She dedicated Landslide to an 80 year old Aussie lady who she met in a shop last time they were here in oz and she dedicated Sara to 'Sara'. I think there was a slight technical glitch at the start of Go Insane (Judging from Lindsay's face) and I think he got a bit confused at one point on Big Love, but managed to recover from it quite easily!

I managed a hand shake from Lindsay at the end but unfortunately not one from Stevie, despite mine and another girl's incessant screaming of her name at the end (which to be fair, probably put her off anyway! But when in Rome...)

I'm loving the new progressive start to Tusk and is it me or does Lindsay manage the high part on the chorus of GYOW? Storms was amazing.

Im sure there's more to report but its a bit of a blur. Im now on a hunt to get a ticket for tonight's show.

BTW I also went to Hunter Valley but was quite far back and right near a walk way which people would use to go get drinks, which seemed to be all the time (which might explain why I was also a bit worse for wear), which was quite distracting so the whole thing is a bit blurry.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh I forgot, there was one point towards the end when John went over the Sharon, Lori and (I foget the other backing singer's name!) and they found it absolutely hilarious, I was thinking it was probably because John rarely ventures away from his standard spot on Mick's right??
Old 12-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Review - Fleetwood Mac rock Sydney at Acer Arena

By Kathy McCabe, Music Editor From: December 08, 2009 10:09AM

MUSIC is always at its most powerful when it pushes your memory buttons and Fleetwood Mac carressed and pummelled all those sweet spots at Acer Arena last night.
- Fleetwood Mac rock Sydney

The veteran band who ushered in the west-coast sound has lost none of its fire but gained the self-awareness afforded by survival in the music business, using their legendary tensions, relationship breakdowns and drug problems to introduce so many great songs from Rumours and beyond.

How did you rate the concert last night? Tell us below.

Stevie Nicks may shirk just a few high notes now and then but her rendition of the soaring Sara was enough to bring tears to your eyes.

Lindsay Buckingham was in extraordinary form with his guitar solos and vocals but a little too in-your-face during those grunting moments.

The men holding it all together were chalk and cheese _ bassist John McVie the understated engine room while the delicious craziness and astonishing energy levels of Mick Fleetwood were enough to keep you gasping.

Hit after hit after hit, the setlist would represent the Holy Grail to any band who has only a couple of records under their belt.

Almost the entirety of Rumours _ Go Your Own Way, Don't Stop, Dreams, Second hand News, Silver Springs, Never Going Back Again, Gold Dust Woman, The Chain _ plus Rhiannon, Tusk, Big Big Love and the beautiful Sara gave the devoted fans exactly what they wanted.

Fleetwood Mac perform at Acer Arena again tonight.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1225808101553
Old 12-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustboi View Post
Oh I forgot, there was one point towards the end when John went over the Sharon, Lori and (I foget the other backing singer's name!) and they found it absolutely hilarious, I was thinking it was probably because John rarely ventures away from his standard spot on Mick's right??
Interesting--very rare to see John venture out of his little zone!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Interesting--very rare to see John venture out of his little zone!
Wow, I actually thought his feet were bolted to that spot next to Mick

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

08 December 2009 ~
FLEETWOOD MAC CONCERT LAST NIGHT!!

Last night me & my family went to the Fleetwood Mac Concert!! Wow! They were so inspiring.. Even though they are an old school band, i grew up listening to them with my mum and dad, so i knew pretty much all of the songs.

My parents went to their concert about 20yrs ago while my mum was pregnate with me, and she actually picked my name from one of their songs they perform, ‘Rhiannon’…

Was so great to see them perform it live.. in fact im actually thinking of re-doing the song somehow!!! I thought i would put some background info on the song on my site for everyone to read xxx

Some Info:
Rhiannon is one the pop music’s most hauntingly beautiful songs. It was the song that sent the reformed Fleetwood Mac into the pop super league. The arrangement and interpretation of Rhiannon owes much to the other members of the band.

Virtually everyone who hears Rhiannon is bound by its magical mystical spell. Numerous love children have been named by Rhiannon. Many believe Rhiannon was inspired by the Welsh Princess Rhiannon. The belief is probably reinforced by the line “Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night”, which is reminiscent of the Welsh saying ‘bell in every tooth’. The Welsh Language is rhythmic, which leads the Welsh to speak English in a similar rhythm.

Other like to believe it is a the deep wish of an insecure woman to be loved ‘And wouldn’t you love to live her’, a wish reflected by a generation.

Are either true?. The song was inspired by the novel ‘Triad’ by Mary Leader. It was later that Stevie Nicks came to be hear of the legend and so write “Angel” on Tusk. She also called her company “Welsh Witch Music”.

The influences on us are varied. So who knows. Come to Celtic Wales, the Birth place of King Arther, the land of the last dragon, where beautiful girls abound and if you are anything like me, you will be spell bound and never leave.

http://rhiannonvillareal.com/blog/?p=317
Old 12-08-2009, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some really nice pictures from Acer Arena, from Daylife (NAT). They're on Getty:

http://www.daylife.com/photo/053L6Cw3bG1SA
Old 12-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WOO just got back from Aussie! The show was BRILLIANT! My seats were far from amazing >< , but the show was soooooooo good and blew me away.

OH Also before the doors opened I decided to go for a walk around the Arena just for a look round, and i got to the back entrance where this guy was standing there waiting at the gate, and 5 seconds after i walk past him he goes "OK guys open up, we've got Nicks coming in" !!!

I turn around and in comes this streched white limo, obviously with tinted windows, but still very exciting! It whized past and I asked the guy "that wasn't Stevie Nicks!" And he goes "Yep, sure was, ohh mind your self buddy, car behind you"

OK it's only MICK FLEETWOOD sitting in a big Audi 4x4! The windows were down and i Shouted, "HEY MICK!" and he said "Hey! How ya doin" then they drove in!

GOD right place right time, just wished i got out my bloody camera!!! I did get some pics of Micks car thoo

Im gonna post some pictures and do a review tomorrow since im tired and just got off the plane Zzzzz!

OH and BTW Stevie didn't wear the Frankenbocks the whole concert!! Ive got pics, they were some (from what i could see) leather stilleto boots, very cool!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Some piccss

Micks Car! That i went back to take a pic of from in the carpark

IMG_3687

IMG_3716

IMG_3727

IMG_3773

IMG_3706

IMG_3780

Steviespin

IMG_3808
Old 12-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Click here to find 21 photos from December 7,2009 at Acer Arena

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/bZkS8...ac+Play+Sydney
Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

EnchantedKiwi I love your pictures! They really show us the bigger picture on what it takes to set up a rock-n-roll show. I'm so glad you had a great time and I enjoyed your backstage story too.