The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't wait to get my hands on this. Now, most people might think, "Wow, we're on tour playing before people who like our music. If we have a new album collection coming out soon, just before the holidays, we might want to mention that to someone, when we're onstage." But no, not our guys.

Michele
Old 10-25-2015, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One of my 3 all time favorite Rhiannon's was recorded June 22, 1980 in London. I pray this is the version they chose. I would L-O-V-E to have a digital copy.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can't wait to get my hands on this. Now, most people might think, "Wow, we're on tour playing before people who like our music. If we have a new album collection coming out soon, just before the holidays, we might want to mention that to someone, when we're onstage." But no, not our guys.

Michele
What I articulated from your post is the feeling the band are missing the opportunity to market this new expanded version of Tusk as their tour wraps up. I suspect the band itself had little or nothing to do with with this project/compilation.

It appears that Warner licensed the material to Spin, an independent company that specializes in repackaging material to specific markets. Many companies like this are industries unto themselves. Just look at Spin's website and you'll understand the concept. It's all legitimate and credible, but absent of direct artist involvement.

No doubt, it will be interesting to hear the live material. On their LIVE album, some songs were heavily polished up post-production. Much like the (disappointingly skimpy) bonus live disc from most current reissue of Rumours, we'll get the unvarnished, more raw performances. Also, an alternative reconstruction of the Tusk album with demos, early versions and outtakes is very intriguing.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-25-2015 at 05:15 AM..
Old 10-25-2015, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is so amazing its hard to believe.
Can you imagine next year having the same thing for Mirage. Unheard demos, expanded tracks and a full Mirage tour concert?
Dream on silly dreamer
Old 10-25-2015, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is so amazing its hard to believe.
Can you imagine next year having the same thing for Mirage. Unheard demos, expanded tracks and a full Mirage tour concert?
Dream on silly dreamer
That would be amazing, and justly deserved. But ambivalent members of Fleetwood Mac won't be championing the movement. It's at the will of Warner Brothers to licence it off to a third party who cares more about it than they do. Someone will also have to wave a big check at Stevie and Lindsey to motivate them to get off their asses and re-release the Buckingham Nicks album, replete with outtakes, demos and live performance recordings.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-25-2015 at 05:36 AM..
Old 10-25-2015, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The details posted on the Spin CD website for the single disc of Tusk lists this as being remastered by Lindsey Buckingham

https://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/...-2-vinyl-47197

"TUSK will be available on December 4 with this 1 disc version fully remastered this year by Lindsey Buckingham.

In addition to the 1 disc there will be a 3 Disc Expanded Edition and a Deluxe (5-CD/2-LP/1-DVD Edition)."

Would be good to know if this is accurate or that this is a re-hash of the 2004 remastering?

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 10-25-2015, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod View Post

Would be good to know if this is accurate or that this is a re-hash of the 2004 remastering?
Exactly. And was the 2004 release remastered by Lindsey? Does Lindsey actually 'remaster'?

Old 10-25-2015, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Exactly. And was the 2004 release remastered by Lindsey? Does Lindsey actually 'remaster'?
The 2004 release was remastered by Bill Ingot and Dan Hersch at Digiprep as listed in the CD booklet

I will be VERY surprised if Lindsey remastered this, maybe he has had a hand in picking the tracks and over-seeing the release, someone should ask Mick about this in the Meet n' Greet sessions

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 10-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dvd-a

Is the European standard for DVD-A the same as the American (I know DVD video comes in Region 1 versus Region 2, and machines are not compatible, just wondering about the audio versions)?

If the DVD-A is the same, then Americans can purchase on-line from the UK with no compatibility issues.

Perhaps Richard Dashut had a hand in the re-mastering. I suggested this several times on his blog as his contribution to the legacy (he never responded).
Old 10-25-2015, 08:48 AM

This is awesome but am I the only one thinking that a remastered DVD of the Tusk Documentary (or Largo or Cleveland shows) is missing?

Also I agree with Penguin head and others, the band itself has little to do with the remastering; they probably don't know even if they wear underpants.
I know that one of the previous Rumours reissue was kind of supervised by Lindsey I think; I've read in an interview in which they asked him about it that in his opinion Rumous didn't need another reissue but he had to give the project his Ok.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Hopefully...

Quote:
it is a fresh remastering, I would personally prefer something with a great dynamic ranger between 14-17 (The 2011 HDTracks version wasn't too bad with a 13-16 range).

Anything but a rehash is all one would hope for...

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It does sound great but they don't mention much about Stevie's songs outtakes or nothing really--I do hope its great. It would be nice it they'd include outtake photos as well since they've had tons of photos taken that we not ever seen before. Either way it does sound great!!
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 10-25-2015, 05:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
The 2004 release was remastered by Bill Ingot and Dan Hersch at Digiprep as listed in the CD booklet

I will be VERY surprised if Lindsey remastered this, maybe he has had a hand in picking the tracks and over-seeing the release, someone should ask Mick about this in the Meet n' Greet sessions
The 2013 reissue of Rumours used the 2004 remastering for the main album so I guess that the 2004 remastering of Tusk will be used for this new re-release as well, but obviously I can't be 100% sure.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
No, as far as I know Lindsey doesn't carry out (re)mastering work himself, although he is a bit of a studio fanatic and has been involved with mixing before, as well as producing Fleetwood Mac albums as well as his solo albums.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac’s Underrated ‘Tusk’ Will be Explored in Expanded Reissue

By Nick DeRisoOctober 25, 2015 11:57 AM Ultimate Classic Rock

Read More: Fleetwood Mac's Underrated 'Tusk' Will be Explored in Expanded Reissue | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...ckback=tsmclip

An expanded reissue of Fleetwood Mac‘s underrated 1979 double album Tusk is on the way. Available in a variety of formats on Dec. 4, the set promises to shed to new light on the group’s most ambitious project.

Tusk ended up selling more than four million copies, reaching No. 1 on the U.K. album charts behind favorites like “Sara,” the title track and “Think About Me.” Still, in following the blockbuster Rumours, that was considered a disappointment in some circles. The Grammy-nominated album’s more experimental touches also confused a faction of newer fans.

It’s all explored across a forthcoming 5CD/1DVD/2 LP deluxe edition of Tusk, which will also be available in a 3CD expanded edition, and a 1CD remaster.

The deluxe version includes the original remastered music, an alternate version of the complete album substituting session outtakes – most of which are previously unheard – as well as singles, demos and remixes. Highlights include an early version of “That’s Enough for Me,” which was then titled “Out on the Road.” Two additional discs focus on performances from Fleetwood Mac’s 1979 dates in support of Tusk, recorded in London, St. Louis and Tuscon. This edition is completed with a 5.1 surround mix on DVD-audio, a two-disc vinyl set, and an elegant booklet with expanded liner notes and new interviews.

The expanded edition includes the remastered original album, the alternate edition of sessions outtakes, as well as the singles, demos and remixes. Meanwhile, the reunited Tusk-era lineup continues a hugely successful world tour. Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, John McVie and Stevie Nicks recently sold out six shows at the O2 Arena in London.

Read More: Fleetwood Mac's Underrated 'Tusk' Will be Explored in Expanded Reissue | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...ckback=tsmclip