User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:07 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, love seeing you here Haley - please stay, you have so much to contribute! #LIHTS

what John said - every single one of us can change the tone. we all know better than to take social media word as any kind of truth or gospel. i've seen posts on social media shi**ing on TL and claiming they really don't understand why Elle is still staying . plus there is social media hate of TL from all sides and colors of FM fans, not just Stevie's. TL used to be a hatefest for Lindsey all. the time. if you look at the old threads, even in Lindsey forum, so maybe some of those peeps on social media just regret that's not still the case . many people just cannot take an argument and open discussion and like a group think much better - so for those people this is definitely not the right fan forum.

but healthy and respectful argument and diversity of opinions is a good thing!

not to say that yes - some threads are unnecessarily turned into bashing of one or the other member, and it is annoying.
You forgot about the Christine hate at an old place we used to read. Plus, the Christine hate on FB and Twitter. That old bird stealing LB???!!!
Old 10-17-2017, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

but healthy and respectful argument and diversity of opinions is a good thing!
Are you sure about that?

I think Stevie's biggest mistake was growing old.
It's hard to go from sex symbol to Aunt Mildred.
Not that I don't love Aunt Mildred.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
honestly the reason I deleted my old profile I'd had for years and then decided to slowly tip toe back on is because of how everyone constantly bitches about Stevie... and it's generally the same people with the same worn out tired comments. Like we get it, you don't like her. But not everything is her fault. I don't get on here every chance I get and bring up all the abusive sh*t Lindsey has done or what a lunatic he can be (still to this day) and then turn every single post in to what an as**ole he.

annnnnyway, remember when Lindsey said "makes me want to look behind the mirror for drugs!" haha I love him!!!

This is a hilarious quote.....when did he say this?!

Thanks Haley. I agree, Lindsey as much as I also love him has the worst past to note in terms of domestic abuse whilst Stevie has of course been a drug addict and slept with probably too many married men to count but that was consensual on their part. However she is always framed as the most evil person on the planet. Makes no sense. At least look at the facts people.
It is always deemed here that we must not hold others back from writing their own opinions. Of course not, but why is name calling, insults and trolling of a band members behaviour or personality deemed ok? It is crystal clear of what the few specific and current Ledge members favourite band members are. Their opinions are well and truly documented. But do we have to be reminded every single day? Surely try and play nice

Last edited by Angel75; 10-18-2017 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-18-2017, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
It is always deemed here that we must not hold others back from writing their own opinions. Of course not, but why is name calling, insults and trolling of a band members behaviour or personality deemed ok? It is crystal clear of what the few specific and current Ledge members favourite band members are. Their opinions are well and truly documented. But do we have to be reminded every single day? Surely try and play nice
Well that's just it. It makes no difference to me if some people don't like Stevie. But when the name-calling persists day after day, in multiple posts in multiple threads, that's not hurting Stevie, it's hurting the experience of her fans who come here to share in the Fleetwood Mac experience. And if you call that behavior out, it's just because you are a delicate chiffonhead. But honestly, if someone thought up some nasty insults about CM or LB and posted them daily, don't you think that would eventually try the patience of some of their fans here?

Last edited by MikeInNV; 10-18-2017 at 07:21 PM..
Old 10-18-2017, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and there we go off the topic again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Are you sure about that?
yes, very much so. seems to be very rare these days... although millennials might be changing that. i hope!

Quote:
read the title of this thread. that's where he said it. Haley was trying to get the thread back on the topic.

Quote:
At least look at the facts people.
you can't state the allegation (domestic abuse) and call it a fact though - as the previous owner of this board would say looking at this legally (she can correct me). although you or i may believe it's the truth (and i do think it is, and it's ugly), unless it's proven in the court, it's still an allegation - and people like Stevie claim that it's not true. and if you read these boards, most Lindsey fans do not claim that it didn't happen or that he's a saint. far from it. you also cannot try to get rid of one wrongdoing by reverting to another because you are just inviting further argument.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-18-2017, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Well that's just it. It makes no difference to me if some people don't like Stevie. But when the name-calling persists day after day, in multiple posts in multiple threads, that's not hurting Stevie, it's hurting the experience of her fans who come here to share in the Fleetwood Mac experience. And if you call that behavior out, it's just because you are a delicate chiffonhead. But honestly, if someone thought up some nasty insults about CM or LB and posted them daily, don't you think that would eventually try the patience of some their fans here?
Very well said, MikeInNV. Like you said, it's not affecting the band members, but it does affect the fans. This is true whether the nasty comments are directed to Stevie or Lindsey or Christine.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:

Thanks Haley. I agree, Lindsey as much as I also love him has the worst past to note in terms of domestic abuse whilst Stevie has of course been a drug addict and slept with probably too many married men to count but that was consensual on their part. However she is always framed as the most evil person on the planet. Makes no sense. At least look at the facts people.
He said it at the Q & A.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

QUOTE read the title of this thread. that's where he said it. Haley was trying to get the thread back on the topic. QUOTE

Sorry I missed the joke, I had understood that he had recently said this. My mistake.

Please believe I am not one to start or get involved in any disagreements, I have always agreed with both your and Haley's points. You both make this a more positive place and I certainly respect you both for that. Using the word 'fact' was probably foolish. I just want to highlight ALL the band has their flaws and we should recognise that, rather than constantly bashing them.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please believe I am not one to start or get involved in any disagreements, I have always agreed with both your and Haley's points. You both make this a more positive place and I certainly respect you both for that. Using the word 'fact' was probably foolish. I just want to highlight ALL the band has their flaws and we should recognise that, rather than constantly bashing them.
yeah, didn't mean to jump on you, my apologies too, for making it look like i did.

and thanks, i appreciate your nice words. i try! but bashing them can be sooo much fun !

but yeah there are some of the same people that always probably lurk and wait for the opportunity to make the same points every time - when you see the name of the poster you already know exactly what will the post say, and some posted right after you!

except bwboy, i have nothing to say against majority of his posts i've seen lately!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-18-2017, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, didn't mean to jump on you, my apologies too, for making it look like i did.

and thanks, i appreciate your nice words. i try! but bashing them can be sooo much fun !

but yeah there are some of the same people that always probably lurk and wait for the opportunity to make the same points every time - when you see the name of the poster you already know exactly what will the post say, and some posted right after you!

:
Thank you....Friends?!!!
Old 10-19-2017, 08:22 PM
Ledgie

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=153001228391

Tomorrow on 88.5 FM in the SoCal/LA area they're going to air the pre-Grammy Museum interview at 10:30 am. I don't know if they'll post it online after the broadcast. I guess you could try to listen live online for your local time, like 1:30 east coast and etc.

I have a class during that time, so I don't know what I'm going to do other than hope for it to be posted online or recorded by someone else via a screen recorder on Windows/Microsoft.

Edited: because I saw the Twitter post from Elle on an FB group and don't want to misinform. It's an interview before the Grammy Museum event.

Also, it would be funny and typical if LB said the same spiel about cycles, machines, and 'organic' prior to doing the same thing supposedly at the Grammy Museum event later that day.

EDIT: God, I should have just left Elle to break this. I'm sorry if anyone got up to see nothing at 7:30 b/c my brain was thinking of Hawaiian time.

Last edited by RudieCantFail; 10-20-2017 at 03:30 PM..
Old 10-20-2017, 03:29 PM
Ledgie

Playlist from 10/20 (today) from Nic Harcourt on 88.5. It featured Carnival Begin twice, In My World, and Lay Down for Free.

http://www.885fm.org/on-88-5-fm/play...ate=10/20/2017
Old 10-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Playlist from 10/20 (today) from Nic Harcourt on 88.5. It featured Carnival Begin twice, In My World, and Lay Down for Free.

http://www.885fm.org/on-88-5-fm/play...ate=10/20/2017
thanks so much for sharing.

anybody knows whether there's any place where this interview is being streamed or where we can otherwise find it?

Old 10-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Ledgie

Elle, I messaged the radio station on FB and here's what they said:

Quote:
Yes! We are currently having some issues with loading archived sessions, but it should be up in the next week or two here:http://www.885fm.org/on-88-5-fm/live-sessions/
Old 10-20-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Elle, I messaged the radio station on FB and here's what they said:
Rudie! Thanks so much. I look forward to listening.