User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Well, I think they've made my mind up for me. I might just have dragged myself along to the O2 out of some sort of loyalty, but there's no way I'm going to sit in an 80 000 seater stadium for a Buckinghamless Mac with all the distance and alienation that would imply. If they've dropped Hypnotized already it's not going to be back in a country where Bob Welch fans are about as common as unicorns....

Enjoy the money, Mick. Many congratulations on your victory, Stevie. Let me know when you guys record something...
Perhaps I should wave a banner saying "Unicorns of the world unite". I too see no point in seeing this line-up while
  1. They have no new material to promote
  2. They've dropped Hypnotised while maintaining Monday Morning and Second Hand News.
  3. Black Magic Woman is overly rewritten just so Stevie can sing it.
  4. Stevie gets to sing a verse on Don't Dream It's Over and All Over Again in spite of the fact that their composers are on the stage with her.

Having seen them on the SYW and OWTS tours I'd only be there for Isn't It Midnight.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Perhaps I should wave a banner saying "Unicorns of the world unite". I too see no point in seeing this line-up while
  2. They've dropped Hypnotised while maintaining Monday Morning and Second Hand News.
  4. Stevie gets to sing a verse on Don't Dream It's Over and All Over Again in spite of the fact that their composers are on the stage with her.

Having seen them on the SYW and OWTS tours I'd only be there for Isn't It Midnight.
Murrow, if only more posters were like you! I'm serious. You say your piece and make some valid points, all without insulting anyone or saying anything nasty.

Unlike you, I'm glad Stevie is singing on the two songs you mention. I hate it when she leaves the stage while the other members are performing, because it seems disrespectful in a way. The fact that she is singing on those songs shows me she's really invested in the set list. She and Christine could easily leave the stage during Neil's songs (DDIO, YGM, HYP) but they don't and I love it. Although I'm bummed they've dropped Hypnotized, but maybe it'll come back. Regardless, this set list is killer and I'm happy they mixed it up so much.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I hope so!
Welcome back Sharon!!!
Old 10-22-2018, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I hope so! I think Neil Finn is playing two nights so I imagine Lindsey could easily do the same here.
is he playing there during the FM tour?
Old 10-22-2018, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Murrow, if only more posters were like you! I'm serious. You say your piece and make some valid points, all without insulting anyone or saying anything nasty.

Unlike you, I'm glad Stevie is singing on the two songs you mention. I hate it when she leaves the stage while the other members are performing, because it seems disrespectful in a way. The fact that she is singing on those songs shows me she's really invested in the set list. She and Christine could easily leave the stage during Neil's songs (DDIO, YGM, HYP) but they don't and I love it. Although I'm bummed they've dropped Hypnotized, but maybe it'll come back. Regardless, this set list is killer and I'm happy they mixed it up so much.
Oh I've done my fair share of nasty on here in the past (my signature comes close) but I really think there's just too much of it in the camp right now.

One reason I think Gold Dust Woman is the perfect closer to Rumours is because it's not a jab at anyone in the band, it just kind of says "You know what? We're all a bit f***ed off with each other, let's go home."

We'd do well to remember that in the fan community right now.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Neil Finn had like thirteen top 40 hits in the UK.
Yes but Neil finn isn't and never will be Fleetwood Mac. EVER
Old 10-22-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You don’t get it. You don’t get why Peter Green brought on a second guitarist and named the band after the rhythm section. The band has always been bigger than any one member, by design. Will Neil ever get a chance at proving his worthiness to the overall legacy of Fleetwood Mac? Maybe, maybe not. But Lindsey wasn’t Fleetwood Mac, either. He was definitely a huge part of Fleetwood Mac, but he was still just a part. And, that was always the point.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-22-2018, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He is though. Deal with it.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, some Americans say Donald Trump isn't THEIR president...
Old 10-23-2018, 08:52 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post

I'm with you here. The only song i have interest in hearing with this new band would be "Isn't It Midnight". I think this song has one of the most blistering outro solo's Lindsey ever came up with.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
is he playing there during the FM tour?
I don't think so, isn't he doing a short tour for himself during the band's tour hiatus? I believe that's what I heard. I'm sure someone can clarify.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Only 3 shows? Will they add more, because that does not make so much sense, why bother for only 3 dates?
I suspect them to play the Dutch Pinkpop-festival (8-10 June) in between the Dublin and Berlin-dates ...
Old 10-23-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Neil Finn had like thirteen top 40 hits in the UK.
Yes - Neil has had a lot of success in the UK and is obvioulsy huge in Australia/New Zealand. He usually plays to 20,000+ when he tours Aus/NZ with Crowded House or Split Enz.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I expect that the band will soon announce dates in Australia, New Zealand, and perhaps other locations.

And Neil just announced some wonderful news for Finn fans. Neil and his brother Tim have finished another Finn Brothers project. They haven't decided yet whether it will be released as an album or performed as a musical in Sydney or New York. I assume the project will be released at some point in 2019 or 2020.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They are now advertising the Berlin concert as the only one in Germany and one of only three in Europe.