Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwebster View Post
I know this is a controversial choice for this board, but I always tend to skip "Calumny" whilst I pretty much enjoy "Temporary One", "Hollywood" and tend to turn up "Bad Journey".
Love Calumny... adore it in fact...

Love love love Bad Journey...

Hollywood... ehh... it's ok...

Welcome bill!!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwebster View Post
I know this is a controversial choice for this board, but I always tend to skip "Calumny" whilst I pretty much enjoy "Temporary One", "Hollywood" and tend to turn up "Bad Journey".
I really don't like Bad Journey.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bad Journey is so-so. Hollywood never really did it for me, though....
Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post

Jackson Browne's Late For The Sky, .
A wonderful album. Jackson had the most incredible run of albums in the early-mid 70s. His first five records are all stellar.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't stand Everywhere. I like The Dance version, but the original studio version is too sugary for me. I have a demo version of Everywhere that was played during an interview with the band in 1987, and I think they should have leave it like that. I hate Bad Journey from ITMT too.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
I hate Bad Journey from ITMT too.

Yeah, it's a travesty. Maybe without the background vocals. If I could hear the demo, now that could be quite interesting. As it is, please take Dan out of the will.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 12-17-2009 at 01:01 PM..
Old 12-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
This makes sense that you would lump the white album into this group since, at the time of its original release, it was probably considered by most as "just another FM album with another lineup." I'm curious: you've probably been asked before, but what did you think of the White album and the "new" lineup when you first heard it?
Yeah, "just another FM album with another lineup" is pretty much how I felt. I was already familiar with the Buckingham Nicks album (since I'd owned that album for about a year by the time the FM album was released), and was really blown away that THEY were chosen to replace Bob Welch; but in spite of that, I was still disappointed with the album upon first few listens. Christine's songs didn't sound like the Christine songs I was used to (in retrospect, they sound JUST like the Christine songs I was used to )...I don't know why I was expecting Buckingham & Nicks to sound any different than their own album, maybe I was expecting them to conform more to being "Fleetwood Mac"-ish, rather than Fleetwood Mac to conform to sounding "Buckingham Nicks"-ish. A similar feeling I had later when I first saw Dave Mason with Fleetwood Mac in 1994.

There just wasn't that, to me, "obvious" Fleetwood Mac sounding song anywhere on the album. I definitely was missing Bob Welch. Wasn't until I heard those songs live (and especially "Rhiannon", of course) that I started listening to the album in a different mind set. Once I heard this lineup do the "old stuff", like "Station Man", "Green Manalishi", "Rattlesnake Shake", "Hypnotized", etc...that I finally relented and accepted them ("them" being Buckingham Nicks) into Fleetwood Mac. Little did I know at the time that just a tad over a decade later, I'd resent them for ever joining the band. (but the seeds of that were sown as early as late 1977 when all the pre-75 tunes were dropped, except for "Oh Well" , which was by far, their weakest song of the bunch)
Old 12-17-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, it's a travesty. Maybe without the background vocals. If I could hear the demo, notf that could be quite interesting. As it is, please take Dan out of the will.

Michele
I LOVE BAD JOURNEY!!!! HER VOCAL LINE IS SEXY!!! AND THE BACKING VOCALS ARE TIGHT!!! THE LYRICS ARE HEARTFELT...

I don't like the spoken "Bad Journey" but that's about it..
Old 12-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only one i dislike is "Show Me A Smile", and then her Tusk Songs are so-so, but i love "Mystified", "Sugar Daddy", and "Temporary One"