Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default "Blue Again" North American Release Date

PRNewswire

SET FOR RELEASE IN NORTH AMERICA ON 429 RECORDS

New Live Album Features Original Compositions and Classic Fleetwood Mac Songs

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Feb. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Revisiting the blues-based classic songs of early Fleetwood Mac, along with completely new songs in the same style, iconic rock drummer and band co-founder Mick Fleetwood has assembled a hand-picked quartet of musicians, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, who've created a stunning new live recording, BLUE AGAIN. Equal parts blues rave-up and loving homage to the early incarnation of Fleetwood Mac, BLUE AGAIN is a fiery blues showcase and heartfelt tribute to Fleetwood Mac who are just beginning their 40th Anniversary celebration. BLUE AGAIN will be released by the Savoy Label Group unit 429 Records, in time for the kickoff of a triumphant world wide tour on March 3rd via an exclusive package on iTunes and on CD March 17. A companion high definition DVD is scheduled for release in the summer.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/...08/LA67886LOGO)

Produced by Mick Fleetwood and former Fleetwood Mac member Rick Vito, BLUE AGAIN was recorded live at the Sheldon Concert Hall in St. Louis, Missouri in February of 2008 and sees him teaming up on this recording with guitarist and lead vocalist Rick Vito, bassist Lenny Castellanos and keyboardist Mark Johnstone. The immaculate recording gives the songs a vibrant, modern immediacy which transcends easy nostalgia. Says Mick: "Over my career I've been called a pop star and a rock star, yet in my inner heart, I will always be part bluesman. On my journey from blues to a life of rock 'n' roll, I've always remembered where I started." BLUE AGAIN is both an original musical tour de force and a respectful tribute to Fleetwood Mac initiated by the sole member of the band to be in every incarnation from the beginning.

Track listing for BLUE AGAIN is as follows: 1. Red Hot Gal 2. Looking For Somebody 3. Fleetwood Boogie 4. Stop Messin' Around 5. Rattlesnake Shake 6. When We Do The Lucky Devil 7. Love That Burns 8. Bayou Queen 9. Black Magic Woman 10. I Got A Hole In My Shoe 11. Shake Your Moneymaker 12. Albatross.

429 Records is a unit of the Savoy Label Group (SLG). SLG is the North American unit of CME (Columbia Music Entertainment), the oldest music company in Japan. The Savoy Label Group has evolved into a leading independent company consistently outperforming competitors in key music categories as monitored by Billboard Magazine. SLG is led by Steve Vining and CME is headed by Chairman Strauss Zelnick, founder of Zelnick Media which owns interests in and manages an array of media companies.

The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band is co-managed by Jonathan Todd, President of Sabre Entertainment and Carl Stubner, President of Sanctuary Management Group.

www.429records.com

www.slgmusicus.com

www.MickFleetwood.com

www.SabreEntertainment.net
Old 02-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This PR only lists 12 tracks for the Blue Again release, but I thought there were 2 discs, with tracks 1 thru 11 recorded live in St. Louis, and 4 studio tracks on the other disc, beginning with Albatross. Mick's site has the US version listed as a 2-disc set, available for presale: http://www.mickfleetwood.com/
Apparently , the CD's release date has been moved up a bit, too -- Mick's site has been listing it as April 2nd, but this new PR release says March 17.

Thanks, MacMan, for bolding an interestingly worded part of this press release:
Quote:
BLUE AGAIN will be released by the Savoy Label Group unit 429 Records, in time for the kickoff of a triumphant world wide tour
...whose 'triumphant world tour?' My first thought was, BLUE AGAIN is being released in time to kick off a Mick Fleetwood Blues Band tour? Obviously that can't work, with Mick tied up touring with the other band's 'triumphant world tour' .

UNLESS, maybe we could have those great old BLUE AGAIN songs as an opening act for the Unleashed tour? Let Rick find a substitute drummer (but please keep the MFBB's terrific bassist and keyboard player). Or let Mick play two sets every night. Hey, it could work, and it could be very cool....

AmazonUK has clips of all the BLUE AGAIN tracks:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Again-P.../dp/B001EGGAYE
Old 02-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wholeheartedly agree!!!! Now THAT is something I would sleep outside in front of a ticket place for it that was something that still happened today!!!! I would stand in line for hours if that combination were to happen!!

Rick and MFBB opening with Mick on drums then the "Unleashed" concert?! Oh Hell Yes!!! I would pay the $100+ necessary for the tickets here in San Jose for halfway decent seats to see that, no doubt. Even if Mick didn't play drums on the MFBB set, it would be extremely cool to have a set of the Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac material before the Buckingham/Nicks era concert. It would really tie the whole thing together, and make it truly "Unleashed"!

Speaking of "Unleashed", I know it's only a dream, but what a show it would be if they could get Peter to come out on the road and do a small set of the original tunes (Oh Well, Green Manalishi, Albatross, Sugar Mama, I Loved Another Woman, Jumpin' At Shadows, I Can't Hold On, etc.) with Rick, Mick and John, then have Lindsey and Stevie do their larger set and end with Peter and Rick coming back out at the end for a full fledged jam on the final encore!!!!!! Again, I'd wait outside overnight if need be for tickets to that show. Won't happen, I know, but a guy can dream can't he?!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, I love those ideas too, sj -- but it's becoming apparent there won't be any opener, no Blues Band, no "Green Manalishi," no "Rattlesnake Shake," no Kirwan's "One Sunny Day" (just imagine how well Rick could do that number!), no loving homage to the Mac's blues era, period.

Pardon us as we sadly cast a wreath labeled 'Unleashed, What Could Have Been' into the blue ocean...

(But to toy around with the fantasies just a moment longer, sj, wouldn't you be a little worried with Greenie in the mix? From night to night you'd never know if it would be the shining/sharp blade Green stepping onto the stage, or the faded/tired/sad Green, ya know what I mean?)

Last edited by OldTimer; 02-15-2009 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: (hangs head in shame) - misspelled 'Kirwan'
Old 02-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You have an excellent point!! Greeny may be too unpredictable at this point to have on a "world" tour. Maybe dust him off for a couple of dates in the UK??

I'm there with you on casting the wreath as well. Too bad. This could have a been a killer way to bring down the curtain if they are truly ending it with this tour.

Or maybe, just to start a "conspiracy theory", how about this? The "Unleashed" tour ends, Stevie and Lindsey go their separate ways (FINALLY!!!!!!) and Mick and John hook up with Rick, the keyboard player from MFBB, Lola Thomas from John's "Gotta Band" project, and a "guitarist to be named later" and reconstitute FM as a strictly blues band!! Takes them back to their roots, they come full circle and Mick and John end their careers the way they started, tearing up the blues circuit.

What do you think?! I'd pay BIG money to see that, without question.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You've got my vote!

It will be interesting to see what happens after this tour winds down. In a couple of different interviews, Mick has said he wants to keep this MFBB going with Rick 'for years' -- so maybe we can hope for new things from them. (Rick should keep writing, too, mixing his new songs into the old Greenies.)

I don't know if John wants to keep working. If not, I think Lenny Castellanos (sp?) has done an excellent job. I don't know Lola Thomas, but if you say she's good, I'll trust your judgement. Has she done anything else?

Here's another idea that might sound really shocking -- I would really, truly love to hear Stevie have a go at some real bluesy vocals. Her voice is getting deeper and huskier, and I can totally hear it. Really! Maybe she could contribute an occasional vocal to the MFBB. She and Rick sounded great together way back in the Desiree days.

You're encouraging all kinds of speculation with the 'guitarist to be named later'! (Plus a third-round draft pick in 2010.)

So many possibilities, so little time. (sigh...)
Old 02-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For sjpdg -- remember this oh-so-brief moment in Mac history?

I guess hell would have to freeze over for it to happen again.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, I got a bit off track there.....

Back to the US release of the BLUE AGAIN album -- I see 429 Records is only releasing it as a single disc.

http://www.429records.com/sites/429r...kfleetwood.asp

The clips on that page are great! I've really got to buy this. However, I guess I'll have to order the European release to get the bonus disc with the 4 studio tracks -- I'm dying to hear Rick doing The Supernatural.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

I've heard a couple cuts, and I loved it. Gotta get this when it comes out.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
...and a "guitarist to be named later"
You know what I'd like to see...Mick, John, Rick and Coco Montoya...
Old 03-04-2009, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
For sjpdg -- remember this oh-so-brief moment in Mac history?

I guess hell would have to freeze over for it to happen again.
Funny thing with this pic, Lindsey actually looks smart...Rick and Billy must have had a positive influence...
Old 03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've heard a couple cuts, and I loved it. Gotta get this when it comes out.
Yeah, you'll love it, drummergirl! It's a really well done live album. Black Magic Woman is, well, magic.

Quote:
You know what I'd like to see...Mick, John, Rick and Coco Montoya...
I'm not real familiar with Montoya, but the band's done pretty well with Mayall alumni so far...

Quote:
Funny thing with this pic, Lindsey actually looks smart...Rick and Billy must have had a positive influence...
Man, you do like to live dangerously, don't you? I hear 'em coming with the pitchforks and torches now....I'll give you cover as long as I can!

(I ordered the European import thru amazon and got it pretty quickly. The music's great, and above all, the guys seem to be having so much fun.)