Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No Vote Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
No, we don't have a controversy. We have you acting like a sore loser. Homer won fair and square.
Uhm, no sore loser here. It's just a game, 'member?
Last time I checked, a song getting voted off doesn't mean we're not allowed to listen to it anymore.

So I'm just playing along, folks. Drama seems to be the name of this game, so I was adding to it.

Quote:
Right on. I think Johnny is letting his power as a moderator go to his head. I find it truly incredible that he would even try to steal this victory from you. And here's a guy who just yesterday was accusing me of not playing clean when all I ever did was persuade people to vote my way.

Sad, very sad.
Being a moderator is going to my head? Nice try. You must have a little Quixote in your blood, for all the windmill chasing you do.
If I was letting being a moderator go to my head, then I'd just re-edit all of the votes to boot "Save Me A Place."

Heck, maybe I'll go back through the 'Tango Survivor,' and make "When I See You Again" come out on top! Hot damn!

And I decided to stop playing clean, when I saw that you had decided to.
Of course, since you still insist that you ARE playing clean, then I insist the same, dogoneit!

Quote:
There you go again. This is sour grapes, pure and simple. If you don't wear glasses, it's time to look into it. Homer's reply appeared first. Really, dude, you seem to want to compare your tactics to mine, but you choose to do so when you are so clearly wrong it's laughable. You have a lot to learn about this game.
I do wear glasses actually. They're not the least bit flattering though... I need some new frames.

And, uhm, my tactics aren't the only ones that folks are finding laughable... so I'm not too worried.

Oh, yeah, and SAVE "SAVE ME A PLACE"!!! I want that sucker to win!!! Come on, everybody, help me out here! We have to raise Lindsey's appreciation!!! If this song doesn't win, no one can ever like it again!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcimer
Hey, guys, don't let That's Enough for Me die. I like it a lot; it's one of my favorites on the Tusk album.
Me, too, and i'll gladly vote for Walk a Thin Line instead, but NOT beautiful child...
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-26-2004, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Uhm, no sore loser here. It's just a game, 'member?
Last time I checked, a song getting voted off doesn't mean we're not allowed to listen to it anymore.
I haven't forgotten at all. Not at all.

Quote:
Being a moderator is going to my head? Nice try. You must have a little Quixote in your blood, for all the windmill chasing you do.
That sounds like an ethnic slur. I would hope we could all be above that kind of thing.

Quote:
If I was letting being a moderator go to my head, then I'd just re-edit all of the votes to boot "Save Me A Place."
You don't because you can't get away with it. Simple.

Quote:
And I decided to stop playing clean, when I saw that you had decided to.Of course, since you still insist that you ARE playing clean, then I insist the same, dogoneit!
Sore loser talk.

Quote:
I do wear glasses actually. They're not the least bit flattering though... I need some new frames.
I can make some recommendations.

Quote:
And, uhm, my tactics aren't the only ones that folks are finding laughable... so I'm not too worried.
If I were worried about what folks think about me, I would have stopped posting a long time ago. Pfft...

Quote:
Oh, yeah, and SAVE "SAVE ME A PLACE"!!! I want that sucker to win!!! Come on, everybody, help me out here! We have to raise Lindsey's appreciation!!! If this song doesn't win, no one can ever like it again!!!
Don't be silly. Your sour grapes must be quite bitter by now.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Two words: Alain Mikli. Best glasses you'll ever own and they look fabulous.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
See ya "Tusk" !!!!
You do know Tusk is a wasted vote

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No Vote Here Either

Quote:
I haven't forgotten at all. Not at all.
Good, 'cause I was starting to worry about ya, dude.

Quote:
That sounds like an ethnic slur. I would hope we could all be above that kind of thing.
I'm going to consider that statement an attempt at humour, because I'm the last person who would make an ethnic slur.

And heck, since I've never been drunk, I've never even slurred a word!

Quote:
You don't because you can't get away with it. Simple.
Yet, if I were letting my "powers" as a moderator go to my head, as you've stated, then I'd think I COULD get away with it, no?

I AM KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Sore loser talk.
I've never won anything in my life. If I were a sore loser, I'd be a bitter man indeed.
But then again, I am young, thin (down to 160lbs. now! Yaye!), and hot... so I guess it's hard to be bitter when you're all that and a bag of chips!

Quote:
If I were worried about what folks think about me, I would have stopped posting a long time ago. Pfft...
Say it, don't spray it.

Quote:
Don't be silly. Your sour grapes must be quite bitter by now.
I'm Italian... all this talk of grapes is starting to sound like an ethnic slur to ME.
What am I supposed to do with those grapes? Make wine? Is that all you think Italians are good for?
I'm insulted!

(And I'm joking, folks.)

Oh, yeah, and SAVE "SAVE ME A PLACE"!!!
Come on, guys... it's getting critical!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Another No Vote Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Two words: Alain Mikli. Best glasses you'll ever own and they look fabulous.
It's a mixed-up day indeed, when the gay guy has to get fashion advice from the straight guy.

They look fabulous, eh? Why do I get the feeling that the use of that word means that they also cost more than I'd make in three years?

But I look better without glasses anyway.
Plus, since I'm near-sighted, not wearing them makes everyone seem more attractive.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I'm going to consider that statement an attempt at humour, because I'm the last person who would make an ethnic slur.
I have a Spanish-sounding handle and you compare me to Quixote! Coinkeedeenk? Let's let the world decide.

Quote:
Yet, if I were letting my "powers" as a moderator go to my head, as you've stated, then I'd think I COULD get away with it, no?
Dude, I didnt' say you'd completely lost your rocker. I said it went to your head. You'd have to really lose it to attempt that. Wouldn't you?

Quote:
I AM KING OF THE WORLD!!!
Hmm... Maybe you have after all.

Quote:
But then again, I am young, thin (down to 160lbs. now! Yaye!), and hot... so I guess it's hard to be bitter when you're all that and a bag of chips!
Picture!! Let's see the proof, Mr. Braggard.

Quote:
I'm Italian... all this talk of grapes is starting to sound like an ethnic slur to ME.
Nonsense. Various ethnicities around the world have developed a taste for this most bitter of fruits.

Quote:
h, yeah, and SAVE "SAVE ME A PLACE"!!!
Come on, guys... it's getting critical!!!
Pay attention, Johnny. It has immunity.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:46 PM
amber
This message has been deleted by amber.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And heck, since I've never been drunk, I've never even slurred a word!
Hmmmm, that explains a lot.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

Can I have the bag of chips? I've lost 2 pounds this week cause i couldn't afford my favorite snack, chips, and you don't need them, cause you're slimming down...

Quote:
What am I supposed to do with those grapes? Make wine? Is that all you think Italians are good for?
I'm insulted!

Hey, I'm insulted, too! And I took time from my grape picking job to come tell you that! My boss, Mario, was mad, but i just said, "hey, that guy really burns my canoli, and I gotta make the family proud!"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Hmm, Another No Vote Post (Jacob's Gonna Hate Me)

Quote:
I have a Spanish-sounding handle and you compare me to Quixote! Coinkeedeenk? Let's let the world decide.
Oh, brother. I don't even think that way.
I made the "chasing windmills" analogy, because it seemed fitting. That Don Quixote was Spanish, and your screenname is Spanish-sounding was of no bearing.

Should I avoid all references to dead meat, while I'm at it?

Quote:
Dude, I didnt' say you'd completely lost your rocker. I said it went to your head. You'd have to really lose it to attempt that. Wouldn't you?
I think you're far more preoccupied with the fact that I'm a moderator, than I could ever be.
And I'd say I'm too modest for something to go to my head, but then that would sound immodest.

By the way, the apostrophe goes between the "n" and "t" in "didn't." Fix that, or I'll have to edit your post... 'cause, ya know, all this power.....!

Quote:
Picture!! Let's see the proof, Mr. Braggard.
I'll post my picture here when you and dissention do.

Quote:
Nonsense. Various ethnicities around the world have developed a taste for this most bitter of fruits.
Ah, but there are many types of bitter fruit... why choose grapes? Is it because you know I'm Italian? I think it is, and I'm insulted! Hmmpf!

Quote:
Pay attention, Johnny. It has immunity.
Don't let that lull you into a false sense of security, dude! We must SAVE "SAVE ME A PLACE"!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Yep, you guessed it - No Vote Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Hmmmm, that explains a lot.
Only that I don't need to rely on substances to have fun. *bats eyelashes*
Old 08-26-2004, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Hey, I'm insulted, too! And I took time from my grape picking job to come tell you that! My boss, Mario, was mad, but i just said, "hey, that guy really burns my canoli, and I gotta make the family proud!"
Bosses don't understand that yous gotta put dese guys in dere places sometimes!

Buncha dumb bajagaloops!
Old 08-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Only that I don't need to rely on substances to have fun. *bats eyelashes*
Or fear of trying anything that might let you loosen up. It might let you NOT try to be in control for a change. To relax.
In fact, I'm writing you a prescription right now.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 08-26-2004 at 04:21 PM..
Old 08-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yeah, my gunsights are aimed right between the eyes of:
Beautiful Child