Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Does Stevie wear fur?

Does anyone know if Stevie wears fur? Real fur. I've seen some pics but I don't know if the fur is real or manufactured. I'm really curious.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes she does. She's had them for years--there's at least a dozen pictures of her in light and dark furs.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

here's one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fur3.jpg (45.9 KB, 74 views)
Old 02-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

uggg, not cool
Old 02-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
uggg, not cool
I suppose there are folks that don't find a lot of things in her history very cool.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A letter I wrote to Stevie sometime in the mid 00's:

"Dear Stevie,

Let me start off by saying that I have been a fan of yours since 1983. I was a teen and I was in North Carolina visiting my cousin for the summer. We had MTV on and that is where I first saw your video for “Stand Back.” I was immediately drawn to your presence. I loved the song, your voice, and your style. “Stand Back” remains one of my favorites to this day, although “Twisted” takes top notch. I just want to say thank you for years of great music. You have been a true “inspiration”, another great song by the way.

Stevie, I realize this letter may not even reach you. I’m know you have staff to help you through the tons of letters and emails you must receive on a daily basis, but I’m sending you this letter today for what I feel is a very important reason. I never really knew that you wear real fur. People say you do. I’ve never been one to pay too much attention to all the details of your clothing, I just know that you are beautiful and your style is great. However, it does sadden me to learn that you may wear real fur. I do not need to go into great detail of the abuse and torture that animals go through because of this. It is totally unnecessary. Nobody needs to wear real fur. Many fashion designers have removed real fur from their clothing line. You have the money; there is great looking fake fur out there that you can wear. If in fact it is true that you wear real fur, it is unfortunate because to me it goes against the compassion that you exhibit on many other levels. Please make the compassionate choice and stop wearing real fur.

Thank you! "
Old 02-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I think wearing fur is a cruel and barbaric practice. But to be honest, I think the harvesting of animals for food and leather, especially on an industrial scale, is also cruel and barbaric. I don't want to tell people how to live their lives, but I do find it difficult to reconcile killing/eating/wearing some animals (the ugly ones), yet vilifying the wearing of other animals (the cute ones). As far as I'm concerned, welfare for animals is universal, and it doesn't matter whether they are cute/cuddly or not. You either condone animal cruelty or you don't, period. Accordingly, if a person makes the personal decision to eat meat and wear leather, why not wear fur too? I know that's not a popular stance, but at least they're being consistent. What would be especially egregious is if Stevie went around spouting about militant veganism and wearing fur at the same time. But from what we can tell, Mama loves her steak, which is unfortunate (especially given the history of heart disease in her family), but she is a grown woman who can make her own decisions.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default ...

Thank God she wears real fur...
Old 02-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Don't worry. I'm sure her coats are just made from her arm hair.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Does anyone know if Stevie wears fur? Real fur. I've seen some pics but I don't know if the fur is real or manufactured. I'm really curious.
She only wears real fur if it's fabulou$. She doesn't wear crummy real fur, of course.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OooMissionary View Post
Thank God she wears real fur...
I don't know... the sheen on that black coat she's wearing several posts up reeks of fake fur to me. Perhaps that's just the paparazzi flash lighting, though.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I don't know... the sheen on that black coat she's wearing several posts up reeks of fake fur to me. Perhaps that's just the paparazzi flash lighting, though.
I agree... I am pretty sure she has been photographed with real and faux fur. I think faux fur looks pretty cheap 90% of the time. But I DO love the look of actual beast fur on a lady.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I would suggest moving this thread to chit chat and changing the title because this thread is supposed to be about whether or not Stevie wears real or fake fur.
Well, at least Stevie did the right thing by not having a child she could not devote enough attention too. She thought about her decision. She just didn't pop out babies like popcorn.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I recently became a vegetarian after learning about the slaughterhouses and I've known for a while how fur is obtained. Really quite disappointed in Stevie.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Don't worry. I'm sure her coats are just made from her arm hair.