User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
That is one theory, but I don't believe it. It's hard to imagine Lindsey and Christine being that afraid of Stevie, and I think you're overestimating her power.

Another theory would be that by going out of their way to insist this is not a FM album, they are lowering the expectation that it should sell well. This is not an insult, I'm just being objective here, and this is a possible theory. Some people can believe this, or they can believe the band is so afraid of Stevie that they recorded under another name.
no offense but your posts always crack me up like how can you even breathe with your head so far up stevie's asshole

they're going out of their way to say it's not a FM album so they don't have to deal with the awkwardness of talking about how that's what they really wanted but stevie was being her stevie self so they had to change their plans

the end.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
no offense but your posts always crack me up like how can you even breathe with your head so far up stevie's asshole

they're going out of their way to say it's not a FM album so they don't have to deal with the awkwardness of talking about how that's what they really wanted but stevie was being her stevie self so they had to change their plans

the end.
Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! god I love this board.

Exactly. And this isn't even a duets album. The pink elephant in the room is that old goat's her name held out on them and wouldn't participate. They're afraid to call it FM(I now kind of believe that maybe legally, they can't, without her...?), so we're stuck with a much less popular moniker, thanks to her.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

((Mick's people: Mick, we have to charge even more for the next meet and greet. Your fans are BAT**** CRAZY. You won't believe they crying, moaning, insulting, this person vs. that person going on. You shouldn't meet ANYONE who doesn't pay TEN GAZILLION DOLLARS.))
Old 05-29-2017, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
((Mick's people: Mick, we have to charge even more for the next meet and greet. Your fans are BAT**** CRAZY. You won't believe they crying, moaning, insulting, this person vs. that person going on. You shouldn't meet ANYONE who doesn't pay TEN GAZILLION DOLLARS.))
I'd give $5 to meet him. Okay, $10. $12.50, tops! And that should include a bottle of the wine he's always pushing...

BTW, is he still pushing that stuff? It's been a while since I've seen anything where he's out doing that.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Sigh. In reference to something I just posted on another thread, if Mick's team reads this thread the meet and greet prices will be even higher. I don't blame Mick one bit!
i'm completely confused. why?

if you are posting on Stevie board or in the thread called "Stevie" here, many of us are not reading those because from previous experience i just have to deduce those threads are place for Stevie fans who have that kind of need to spew hate on anything that the other 4 FM members do - so probably right now on the upcoming BuckVie album and tour. poor chiffs have to have some place for that and they can go to town there as far as i'm concerned (and i don't have much doubt they do ), and leave BuckVie threads to be a happy place for the rest of us.

but i still don't get what kind of logic even in those threads would have as an end result Mick charging more for his m&gs? plus, Mick is not on BuckVie tour anyway, so why would you be even worried about that?

EDIT: adding disclaimer before peeps jump on me - it is probably a minority of really loud chiffs i'm referring to in my post above, not every single Stevie fan. i'm good friends with many amazing people who are Stevie fans and what i wrote above certainly has nothing to do with them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 05-29-2017 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: adding a disclaimer
Old 05-29-2017, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post

the end.
So you disagree with my post LOL

No offense but your posts always crack me up like how can you even breathe with your head up Lindsey and Christine's assholes

they're going out of their way to say it's not a FM album so they don't have to deal with the awkwardness of talking about how that's what they really wanted but the record label was concerned it wouldn't sell without Stevie so they had to change their plans

the end.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No offense but your posts always crack me up like how can you even breathe with your head up
hi! please don't respond if this is too invasive, but just curious - are you a pre-teen maybe?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2017, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hi! please don't respond if this is too invasive, but just curious - are you a pre-teen maybe?
Hey Elle, I just responded to dreamsunwind using the exact same insult he said to me, and you ask me if I'm a preteen, but not him/her? Lol that's funny. I guess you could say I'm... on the edge of... 17...
Old 05-29-2017, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess you could say I'm... on the edge of... 17...
hey bwboy, thanks for responding. was just curious. i'm reading this to mean you are a teen, regerdless of pun.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No offense but your posts always crack me up like how can you even breathe with your head up Lindsey and Christine's assholes

they're going out of their way to say it's not a FM album so they don't have to deal with the awkwardness of talking about how that's what they really wanted but the record label was concerned it wouldn't sell without Stevie so they had to change their plans

the end.
bwboy, i appreciate your reiterating my post as imitation is the highest form of flattery but i think you ought to know that i am different from you in that i don't have a single bias towards any one member of fleetwood mac. they are my favorite band and every single member i love, i love each one as much as the other and i have posted plenty of things all about what i love about stevie and you can probably even see the threads still since it wasn't too long ago, the same way of how i post about how i love the others and how excited i am for BM. but right now, stevie is the one who was the 'problem causer' for the whole FM album turned into BM album debate, which is why i don't have any issue in calling her out on it, and i also don't have any issue either of saying i don't like how lindsey produced this song or how i've never thought christine wrote the greatest lyrics in the world. i can praise and criticize every single member of the band without bias because i don't have a slant towards any of them. you on the other hand obviously DO have a stevie favoritism, it's evident in almost all your posts and it makes everything you say biased in her favor, often taking a negative taint against the others.

and i don't disagree that the record label or whoever else was concerned it wouldn't sell without stevie or it wouldn't be the same and were hesitant to proceed without her, i even started a thread about that myself a while ago, if you look, you can find it, in fact i think i remember you replying and agreeing with what i was saying, so i don't see how your point there is supposed to disagree with what i said. THEY (being lindsey and CM and Mick and John) wanted to have a final fleetwood mac album, STEVIE did not, VARIOUS reasons made it so that it would not be the greatest idea to release an official fleetwood mac album without stevie on it (in my opinion anyone who thinks having stevie on it would have made a BIG difference in sales is delusional, because odds are, it wouldn't have sold too well either way) so THEY had to change their plans to make a duet album. and because answering questions about that subject is pretty awkward, they're pushing it in a different perspective.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
That is one theory, but I don't believe it. It's hard to imagine Lindsey and Christine being that afraid of Stevie, and I think you're overestimating her power.

Another theory would be that by going out of their way to insist this is not a FM album, they are lowering the expectation that it should sell well. This is not an insult, I'm just being objective here, and this is a possible theory. Some people can believe this, or they can believe the band is so afraid of Stevie that they recorded under another name.
You still don't get it. They are not afraid of Stevie. Its quite the opposite. They don't want to crush her, upset her, and make her feel excluded even though it was her choice to not do the record. There already is enough drama without her tantrums about a Fleetwood Mac record she is not on. Its mostly her ego but I am sure they also realize she is a big draw to her shows.
It really is a window into how the group functions. In any other band if a band member sat out on an album or did not tour full time, it would not be a big deal. They would not go to great lengths to re-name themselves. They are trying to keep everyone happy is the bottom line. Personally I think its silly but if it works, that's wonderful. It really works for the tour because it would be a Fleetwood Mac show without Stevie. They made a record and should promote it and play some of their songs.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-29-2017 at 05:47 PM..
Old 05-29-2017, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A very well said post, dreamsunwind. I'll try to match your sincerity.

I don't think the BuckVie album is going to sell very well. That is my objective opinion. It will probably sell about the same as Stevie's last solo album, which didn't sell that well. See, I have no problem saying 24 Karat Gold bombed. It simply didn't sell well. And the singles released also bombed. And this is where the comparison becomes relevant- 24 Karat Gold was an album of rerecorded demos and only took a few weeks to record, and was released with little fanfare. So even though it was a disappointment, sales wise, I think most people agree expectations were fairly low to begin with.

A new Fleetwood Mac album, however, would not have low expectations. A new FM album with the return of Christine McVie would understandably create a higher expectation in terms of sales, but I also believe the record label was concerned that Stevie wasn't on the album, so to temper those expectations, Christine and Lindsey are bending over backwards saying this album is NOT a FM album.

Like you, I love the band, and I do wish they would have all come together one more time. But Stevie didn't want to, and there are a dozen theories as to why she didn't. You've read them- she's selfish, she doesn't care about the fans, she's jealous of Christine, she can't stand working with Lindsey, she's greedy, she wants a break, etc. In my opinion, Stevie probably wasn't pleased with how the EP turned out, and just figured the new album would be more of the same, so she chose to pass. Just my opinion, but it's as valid as anyone else's opinion.

Just like I can say I disliked 24 Karat Gold, I can also say I haven't liked the three songs I've heard from the BuckVie album. Yes, I love the band, but I am not a person who likes a song just because I like the artist- I like it if I like it, that's all. And just because I posted I didn't like the three songs so far doesn't mean I hope the album flops. I bought the special $50 edition of 24 Karat Gold, and I hated it, I was so disappointed, but I didn't hope it would bomb.

I like trying to predict how an album or tour will do. Although I wasn't surprised 24 Karat Gold bombed, I was completely shocked when Stevie's latest tour did so well. I mean shocked! Touring to support an album that had bombed AND was released a full year plus earlier? Plus so soon after touring with Fleetwood Mac? But I was wrong. And I could be wrong about the upcoming "not a FM" album. And if I am wrong and it goes to #1 or platinum, I will be thrilled. Objectively, I don't think that will be the case. And people shouldn't think I must not really be a fan, or only like Stevie, etc just because I have that opinion.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Although I wasn't surprised 24 Karat Gold bombed, I was completely shocked when Stevie's latest tour did so well. I mean shocked! Touring to support an album that had bombed AND was released a full year plus earlier? Plus so soon after touring with Fleetwood Mac?
I don't know why you're surprised or shocked by the success of Stevie's last tour. Historically, her tours that immediately follow a Fleetwood Mac tour (full lineup) do very well, AND she was co-headlining with the Pretenders who draw from a different crowd than Stevie/Fleetwood Mac, so it's not like everyone was there for Stevie.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-29-2017, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It will probably sell about the same as Stevie's last solo album, which didn't sell that well. See, I have no problem saying 24 Karat Gold bombed. It simply didn't sell well. And the singles released also bombed. And this is where the comparison becomes relevant- 24 Karat Gold was an album of rerecorded demos and only took a few weeks to record, and was released with little fanfare. So even though it was a disappointment, sales wise, I think most people agree expectations were fairly low to begin with.
i think that you and some others here, including me, are talking about 2 very different things. you are saying In Your Dreams bombed because it didn't sell. i see it differently - wasn't it Stevie's most critically aclaimed solo album ever? so who cares if it wasn't successful commercially, she was still pushing ahead. with 24kg she was stalling. she just re-recording old demos and people may have liked originals better. kinda like Lindsey re-recording She Smiled Sweetly which i adored in his Gift of Screws version, and didn't care much for when he re-recorded it. but you all had the whole album of such re-recordings with 24kg. theories differ why she did it, but i disagree with you that it was worth it just because she put minimal effort in it... while you think Buckingham and McVie and Mick and John expressing themselves creatively is not worth it because new music from older artists won't sell. people keep telling you over and over that BuckVie don't care about sales, that they just enjoyed the process of reconnecting and working together and still being creating artists. you are poopooing that and saying that's all worth nothing without sales.

see what i'm saying? we are talking apples and bananas.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don't know why you're surprised or shocked by the success of Stevie's last tour. Historically, her tours that immediately follow a Fleetwood Mac tour (full lineup) do very well, AND she was co-headlining with the Pretenders who draw from a different crowd than Stevie/Fleetwood Mac, so it's not like everyone was there for Stevie.
exactly. she is a master in riding Fleetwood Mac's coattails.