Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac - RS Collectors Edition

Some fans have been sharing this on Facebook. It's out now.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:38 AM

Default FM 2017 Rolling Stone Special Collectors Edition

Old 05-28-2017, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mac machine going into high gear
Old 05-28-2017, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't agree with some of their song rankings .Oh Diane is better than Storms,Think About Me and SOTM ..eeek.

Old 05-28-2017, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Can't agree with some of their song rankings .Oh Diane is better than Storms,Think About Me and SOTM ..eeek.
is there anything new in this addition, or just regurgitating of the old RS articles?

i'm still completely dumbfolded about that issue with SN on the cover in the middle of a FM tour when she had nothing solo to promote. i guess this quote from Times article goes well with that -

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhector View Post
“Stevie is very ethereal while also enjoying the trimmings of being a singer,” says Buckingham, describing his fellow band members. “She’s concerned with how things are perceived from the outside. I’m the opposite. I have a good time on stage, but I could be just fine never going on the road again, and I’m most grounded when working. Mick is the guy that keeps it all together, and it’s a comment on his tenacity that people have floated in and out and still Fleetwood Mac has continued. John is more like me, except without the drive. He plays his bass and chills out on his boat. It’s a healthy way to be.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-28-2017, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
is there anything new in this addition, or just regurgitating of the old RS articles?

i'm still completely dumbfolded about that issue with SN on the cover in the middle of a FM tour when she had nothing solo to promote. i guess this quote from Times article goes well with that -

It is mostly all the articles from over the years together in one issue which is good if you had not saved them all I guess along with the sometimes questionable Top 50 songs rankings and a couple pics I had not seen before.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It is mostly all the articles from over the years together in one issue which is good if you had not saved them all I guess along with the sometimes questionable Top 50 songs rankings and a couple pics I had not seen before.
thanks!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2017, 04:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What would be the best method for The Ledge to do its own Top 50?

Also wouldn't it be fun if Ledgies got together to write a book about The Mac?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to wonder how John would respond to the comment that he and Lindsey are alike.....except that John doesn't have the same drive to create.

I have to wonder about the part about him being happy not touring again and whether that applies to John. Probably the touring part, but not so much the playing part-- I think John likes playing but maybe not all the traveling. He certainly isn't as thrilled as the recording as Lindsey "listening to the same track a thousand times"as he put it.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Some fans have been sharing this on Facebook. It's out now.

Lindsey seems to have shrunk over the years.....he always seemed soooo tall.... he wasn't that much shorter than Mick whenever they stood next to each other......and his legs look so incredibly long in this pic... he seems a lot shorter to me since about The Dance.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I have to wonder how John would respond to the comment that he and Lindsey are alike.....except that John doesn't have the same drive to create.

I have to wonder about the part about him being happy not touring again and whether that applies to John. Probably the touring part, but not so much the playing part-- I think John likes playing but maybe not all the traveling. He certainly isn't as thrilled as the recording as Lindsey "listening to the same track a thousand times"as he put it.
i think the asnwer to your question is the second bolded part of your post. we know how LB sometimes weirdly expresses things - whether it's bridge burning or drive . i read his statement as - John and i are just happy being musicians without being that worried about extra trappings of fame, except while i feel this drive to keep going into studio John's happy just enjoying life at this point which is healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Lindsey seems to have shrunk over the years.....he always seemed soooo tall.... he wasn't that much shorter than Mick whenever they stood next to each other......and his legs look so incredibly long in this pic... he seems a lot shorter to me since about The Dance.
wearing flats instead of platforms will do that to ya!

Old 05-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think the asnwer to your question is the second bolded part of your post. we know how LB sometimes weirdly expresses things - whether it's bridge burning or drive . i read his statement as - John and i are just happy being musicians without being that worried about extra trappings of fame, except while i feel this drive to keep going into studio John's happy just enjoying life at this point which is healthy.

wearing flats instead of platforms will do that to ya!
true and the hair height has come down too.... but honestly, he just looks so much smaller these days, and when you see him next to Mick these days he starts to look petite!
Old 05-30-2017, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Height

Lindsey is 5' 9-1/2" (1.77m) tall per IMDB.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Lindsey is 5' 9-1/2" (1.77m) tall per IMDB.
sounds about right.

meanwhile Mick is well over 6' (6' 6" according to some sources) which is right about 2 meters.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
sounds about right.

meanwhile Mick is well over 6' (6' 6" according to some sources) which is right about 2 meters.
Honestly Lindsey looks about 6 ft for sure in all the old Rumours era photos and he certainly seems about a foot taller than Stevie, and she's 5'1".

Let's see.....2" for the heels, and maybe 3" at least for the hair......added to 5'9" would bring him to about 6'2". Hmmm... that must have been it.

Still though, look at how long his legs look on that cover.....that's not shoes or hair. Where did those long legs go??
Old 05-30-2017, 10:55 PM
aleuzzi
This message has been deleted by aleuzzi.