Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
When I say pre-Tusk, I mean I wish all 5 members would show up at the recording studio on the same day and record an album, instead of doing it piecemeal, with Stevie sending them 4-5 songs and telling them to pick 3, or Christine just working on her songs, or Lindsey playing instruments that others could play, etc.

I guess nowadays, it's too much to ask that the band work together for 4 weeks in the studio, so we get albums like Say You Will, EP, and Buck/Vie. Too bad.
Yes, I understood, it's just that this band even when they worked in the studio together didn't really work together in synergy apart from the lone exception of The Chain.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post

I Loved "Say you Will."
I thought it was ok, but with the exception of a few songs where they sang together, it sounded like 2 albums put together. So if you're not a big Stevie fan, you might not like her stuff, and if you're not a big Lindsey fan, you might not like his stuff.

Go Your Own Way, You Make Loving Fun, the Chain, Say You Love Me, Dreams, Don't Stop, I Don't Want to Know... compared to Come, Running Through the Garden, Murrow, etc, the difference is astounding, based purely on the harmonies (or lack of.)

Glad you liked the album so much.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
can't wait to hear her excuse as to why she will now record a solo album again..."albums dont sell anymore but i figured I must do it for the art of it"...please spare us!
I've gotten used to Stevie being criticized for almost everything she says or does, but apparently now we have moved on to criticizing her for doing things before she even does them.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Go Your Own Way, You Make Loving Fun, the Chain, Say You Love Me, Dreams, Don't Stop, I Don't Want to Know... compared to Come, Running Through the Garden, Murrow, etc, the difference is astounding, based purely on the harmonies (or lack of.)
you have a point but i doubt you could ever expect the same quality from any music act from 30 years after their fresh hot young prime.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
you have a point but i doubt you could ever expect the same quality from any music act from 30 years after their fresh hot young prime.
Very true, but I was referring to the lack of harmonies, not the actual quality of the songs. Their harmonies can make any song better, imo, but for some reason they don't harmonise as much anymore.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]I've gotten used to Stevie being criticized for almost everything she says or does, but apparently now we have moved on to criticizing her for doing things before she even does them. /QUOTE]

It's just on internet fan boards. Mostly people trying to stir the pot to get reactions and push buttons to argue.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Very true, but I was referring to the lack of harmonies, not the actual quality of the songs. Their harmonies can make any song better, imo, but for some reason they don't harmonise as much anymore.
tbh maybe their harmonies don't sound as good anymore because all their voices have really lost a loooooot of range. stevie and lindsey especially. and i think christine had some type of autotune going on in feel about you.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

I saw them on the last tour with Christine and Stevie's voice was the strongest...not Chris or LB's...just sayin'
Old 07-14-2017, 07:21 AM

Guns N' Roses and Bruce Springsteen among "Billboard" magazine's top money makers of 2016

Katarina Benzova; Danny ClinchGuns N' Roses and Bruce Springsteen were among the musicians who raked in the most dough last year, according to Billboard's newly released list of the Top 50 Money Makers of 2016.

Guns N' Roses landed at #2 on the tally after bringing in $42.3 million, thanks mainly to the hard rockers' Not in This Lifetime Tour, featuring the return of founding members Slash and Duff McKagan.

Springsteen ranked #3 on the list, taking in $42.2 million. He made most of that money from his massive The River Tour 2016 with his E Street Band, from which earned more than $40 million.

Also high on the list was Billy Joel, who was #11 with $23.6 million in earnings, much of that figure from his ongoing monthly residency at New York City's Madison Square Garden.

Other veteran rock and pop acts who brought in the big bucks in 2016 include Paul McCartney, who was #16 in the list with $17.7 million earned; AC/DC at #21 with $15 million earned; Elton John at #32 with $12.1 million; Grateful Dead spinoff group Dead & Company at #33 with $12.1 million; the late David Bowie at #34 with 11.5; The Rolling Stones at #36 with $10.9 million; Def Leppard at #38 with $10.8 million; Journey at #44 with $9.2 million; Jimmy Buffett at #45 with $9.1 million; James Taylor at #48 with $8.3 million; and Stevie Nicks at #49 with $8.2 million.

Interestingly, Bowie, who died in January 2016, earned most of his money posthumously, from catalog sales and songwriting royalties.

Topping Billboard's tally was pop superstar Beyonce with earnings of $62.1 million. Check out the whole list at Billboard.com.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/...kers-of-2016-1
Old 07-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess the 8.2 million is low because it is only part of the tour proceeds, which rolled into 2017?
Old 07-14-2017, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess the 8.2 million is low because it is only part of the tour proceeds, which rolled into 2017?
It may be only #49, but earning $8.2 million so far this year isn't too shabby.
I am guessing that is what she earned personally. Her share of the ticket grosses.